Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,257 posts
  • 160 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AEF8A68C-AE46-4255-8D8D-25EA4BADCEFB (resized).png
    20220807_172818.jpg
    20220807_172731.jpg
    20220807_172550.jpg
    FDD5246E-4BC8-4CB8-BBE4-865D6F618DF5 (resized).jpeg
    20220623_190825[1] (resized).jpg
    290871166_10166603246480506_8702219675689729240_n (resized).jpg
    289014991_10166603246550506_2781155771863414598_n (resized).jpg
    289000327_10166603246520506_7863593074650008910_n (resized).jpg
    289017282_10166603246085506_6525515561217938380_n (resized).jpg
    13654268_10210457274455031_7422676064669589436_n (resized).jpg
    20220623_182619[1] (resized).jpg
    20220623_182620[1] (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-27-14-29-43 (resized).png
    C925F449-DD2D-49C3-B9EE-5231E3343A6D (resized).jpeg
    C86325F3-3B8E-4EDF-8333-9B78982B244F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Please understand this decision was very difficult for me and my crew.

I'm sure it was. However, in my opinion, it was the right decision. There were too many unknowns to just postpone until later in the year. I'll look forward to 2021.

9 months later
    #23 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

As of the beginning of March 2021, we know that the 2021 show will NOT be in June. We are looking at options for later in the year. As you all know, we will be subject to whatever pandemic-related rules there are in place as of the show dates. Watch our website for the latest news.
    .................David Marston

Thanks for the update David. I had figured the early summer was out. But it is great to hear there could be one later this year if we can get things under control.

1 month later
    #30 3 years ago

Oh my goodness! I was hoping we might get it in this year. I think that timing might be perfect! I'm already picking out what games I will bring to sell.

3 weeks later
    #54 2 years ago

I didn't!

1 week later
    #64 2 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Some background info please. On the dispensary what is the legal ID requirements to
    Purchase from the store. Asking for a friend.

Quoted from Irishbastard:

I don't have personal experience, but from what friends have said, just show your license and buy away. It's legal in MA.

As Irishbastard said, it’s legal in Massachusetts. I have not been to that exact place, but the normal procedure in this state is to scan your license/ ID at the door, and take your temperature. They will then buzz you through a set of locked doors. You get in line, and wait until you get to the counter. You order what you want, pay for it in cash*, and you leave the store through another locked door.

1. Cash - bring it, because you will be paying in cash only. Most stores have ATMs, but that just adds extra steps there.

2. Look at the current “menu” online before you get there. The store will probably have a pretty large selection of different kinds of herbs. It can speed up the process if you’ve already narrowed down what you’re looking for.

3. Be aware of any state laws for other states as you travel home after the show. It’s legal in Massachusetts, but if you have some left over and travel home, you need to be sure you’re not breaking the law elsewhere.

4. Be responsible.

1 week later
    #84 2 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

games with art by our Guest Artist Kevin O'Connor

Worked on 3 different versions of Star Trek (Bally, DE, and Stern)! What a cool resume.

4 months later
    #148 2 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Legendary pinball designer John Borg will be back at Pintastic!

Dear John, I’m sorry. I think I’ve sworn at you more than any other person on earth. It wasn’t personal. It was always out of exquisite frustration.

6 months later
    #662 2 years ago

O, very true. I even asked my buddy if I was blind. I'll look through my phone, I took a pic. I've never lied about something as absurd as this, and don't appreciate the accusation. (Should I add an exclamation point as well?)
    Edit: Just checked my phone, of course I had to delete a plethora of unnecessary pics due to storage overload, only pics from the show are the DeLorean in the lot, my buddy with the cardboard Fabio, and the Seawitch scratch build. Guess it's your assumption against mine. I really don't care, it just wasn't clearly listed, anywhere on the machine. Contact Ripley, but believe it or not.

Didn’t you already do this about 4 months ago?

Okay, so I wasn't the only one. Was interested in a game but had zero clue about the green/white thing. Almost broke my neck trying to scan the QR, then had to scroll down to the pin # from a drop down, then it says "For Sale" with no "Yes or No" (waste of time and energy)...A minute later I figured out "Green" meant a game was for sale, but I couldn't read the prices without mounting the cab.

I think the answer back then was that it was too hard to tell, color coding them wasn’t the answer, and that they would be making it more clear and testing new fonts, especially price. Just go to the top of a page, and look at pictures of cards. Here is a quoted post of one.

Quoted from hool10:

FYI this is the game bringer card we put on games. Photo credit to Martin Ayub of "Pinball News".
    [quoted image]

The great part about Pintastic is that they learn what doesn’t work, and then they improve it for the next time. I’m sure that’s what they will do with the cards as well.

2 months later
    #934 1 year ago
    Quoted from Peruman:

Was looking for the Best in Show winners for this year. Who won the Blue Ribbons?
    Alberto

Usually at Pintastic the people judging the "best in show" hold up releasing the winners to promote their podcast... hopefully that isn't still the case.

#938 1 year ago
    Quoted from DRDAVE:

All Best in Play winners will be posted on the Pintastic website as we have been doing for several years now.

Ever since you were called out for this?

Quoted from DRDAVE:

We list the winners and runners up in Best In Play on our podcast in episode 2:
    (More pictures of the winning games and categories coming soon)

#941 1 year ago
    Quoted from DRDAVE:

You don't even go to the show, (Scared of the air?) and just can't resist trying to kick people in the shins.
    Get a life.

My sister just died, so I had more important things to do. But now I’ll make sure to give you a big hug the next time I see you…

#945 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Like pick a fight on Pinside?

Pick a fight? Nah, DrDave (not a real doctor) and I are old friends. He's played pinball at my house many times, eaten my pizza, and complimented my wonderful games. He even used to help out with the Classics League I run with some good friends. He even sends me spicy emails once in a while (I'm expecting one soon). He just needs a bit of help remembering things he did sometimes.

#953 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

My condolences on the loss of your sister.

Thanks.

Quoted from jrpinball:

By his replies to you, it sounds like he doesn't know you at all.

He does, right Dave?

1 month later
    #1101 1 year ago
    Quoted from DaWezl:

If you have any suggestions of venues etc, please feel free to continue to post them

The only difficulty with that is not a lot of people know the real requirements. From a quick guess it’s around 250 rooms and a minimum of 30k square feet of space. But then it runs right into the other obvious factors of price. Because you could get that in Boston, but nobody could afford it. Then venue design comes in, because there is one in Marlboro, but the 47k trade hall is not attached to the hotel(5 min walk). It’s a difficult problem because there are not that many places that can handle a show like Pintastic at a price that could make it work.

3 weeks later
    #1209 1 year ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

you're driving like a f**king old geezer.

So, if you are an old geezer, but you drive fairly quick, are you still driving like an old geezer? Asking for a friend.

2 months later
    #1253 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

I want the show to succeed but the extra miles push it out of a day trip for me. Staying over at a place which may or may not be clean is a concern.

37 additional minutes door to door. And realistically, you’re not forced to stay there. You can stay anywhere in the local area. Even a nice hotel.

I mean it’s fine if you don’t want to go to the show, but that seemed overdramatized.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-real-official-pintastic-new-england-show-info?tu=daveh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.