Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,257 posts
  • 160 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AEF8A68C-AE46-4255-8D8D-25EA4BADCEFB (resized).png
    20220807_172818.jpg
    20220807_172731.jpg
    20220807_172550.jpg
    FDD5246E-4BC8-4CB8-BBE4-865D6F618DF5 (resized).jpeg
    20220623_190825[1] (resized).jpg
    290871166_10166603246480506_8702219675689729240_n (resized).jpg
    289014991_10166603246550506_2781155771863414598_n (resized).jpg
    289000327_10166603246520506_7863593074650008910_n (resized).jpg
    289017282_10166603246085506_6525515561217938380_n (resized).jpg
    13654268_10210457274455031_7422676064669589436_n (resized).jpg
    20220623_182619[1] (resized).jpg
    20220623_182620[1] (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-27-14-29-43 (resized).png
    C925F449-DD2D-49C3-B9EE-5231E3343A6D (resized).jpeg
    C86325F3-3B8E-4EDF-8333-9B78982B244F (resized).jpeg
    There are 1,257 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 26.
    #301 2 years ago
    Quoted from RatShack:

Heard something that conflicted with what's posted.

And that would be...?

#302 2 years ago

Any chance posters can be ordered online and shipped for those not able to attend in person?

#303 2 years ago
    Quoted from RatShack:

That policy is show wide, correct? Heard something that conflicted with what's posted.

The guide lines on are page are correct.

#304 2 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Any chance posters can be ordered online and shipped for those not able to attend in person?

After the show they can yes. I would recommend ordering multiple items to not get charged with expensive shipping for one poster.

#305 2 years ago

Is there a buy/sell/trade post for this show or did I miss something?

#307 2 years ago

Plans have changed so we can no longer attend next weekend. Have 2 Limited Edition passes available, looks like I can send the barcode to you and edit the name on the badge. These are the sold out passes with extra goodies and events etc. I realize most pinsiders planning to attend probably have their passes already but maybe someone would be interested in upgrading?

#308 2 years ago

I just cancelled a three night (Thur/Fri/Sat) stay at the Sturbridge Host if anyone is looking for a room there

#309 2 years ago

Couple pictures of what I'm hoping to bring if I can get enough time in before Thursday

20211109_231653 (resized).jpg20211109_231653 (resized).jpg20211112_091702 (resized).jpg20211112_091702 (resized).jpg

#310 2 years ago

Hope you all have a great show. Can’t make it this year but hope to next year.

#311 2 years ago
    Quoted from textaddict:

Plans have changed so we can no longer attend next weekend. Have 2 Limited Edition passes available, looks like I can send the barcode to you and edit the name on the badge. These are the sold out passes with extra goodies and events etc. I realize most pinsiders planning to attend probably have their passes already but maybe someone would be interested in upgrading?

Just sent you a request for a LE pass.

#312 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrboboto:

I just cancelled a three night (Thur/Fri/Sat) stay at the Sturbridge Host if anyone is looking for a room there

Are you staying elsewhere? Those reviews of SHH are a bit unnerving.

#313 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Are you staying elsewhere? Those reviews of SHH are a bit unnerving.

I've stayed at the Host for every single Pintastic; Is it the Ritz-Carlton? No. But it's not a dump either. It's affordable, it's convenient, the management lets you bring in and partake of outside alcohol while on the grounds, good parking, easy access, good power for games, good security, and the list goes on.

Maybe I'm different than most show-goers, but I basically only go to my room to shit, shower, shave, and sleep. It serves all of those purposes more than well.

I'm guessing people just like to complain.

#314 2 years ago

Trying to register south park for free play. Keeps on coming up custom theme? Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

#315 2 years ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

I've stayed at the Host for every single Pintastic; Is it the Ritz-Carlton? No. But it's not a dump either. It's affordable, it's convenient, the management lets you bring in and partake of outside alcohol while on the grounds, good parking, easy access, good power for games, good security, and the list goes on.
    Maybe I'm different than most show-goers, but I basically only go to my room to shit, shower, shave, and sleep. It serves all of those purposes more than well.
    I'm guessing people just like to complain.

I totally agree with you. I've stayed there every show as well, and the rooms are adequate, but I'm thinking maybe with the new ownership and possible lack of staffing, the already tepid condition of the rooms maybe have slipped further. The reports of moldy carpeting, drapes, etc. are a little unsettling.

#316 2 years ago

Called the SHH trying to get a room for Friday night...sounds like they have been sold out for a while. Does anyone have a reservation they can't use?

#317 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I totally agree with you. I've stayed there every show as well, and the rooms are adequate, but I'm thinking maybe with the new ownership and possible lack of staffing, the already tepid condition of the rooms maybe have slipped further. The reports of moldy carpeting, drapes, etc. are a little unsettling.

I booked the first year I believe, I remember the hallway stunk of bleach, room was musty and someone had punched a hole in the wall. I could feel the mold in the air (have a strong mold allergy). My buddy and I decided not to stay. Aside from that, I love the location of the show, so hopefully they start remodeling the rooms soon after they finish the outside.

#318 2 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

I booked the first year I believe, I remember the hallway stunk of bleach, room was musty and someone had punched a hole in the wall. I could feel the mold in the air (have a strong mold allergy). My buddy and I decided not to stay. Aside from that, I love the location of the show, so hopefully they start remodeling the rooms soon after they finish the outside.

I'm only staying one night, so I'm hoping the room is reasonably inhabitable. There certainly are advantages to staying on site, but the HI Express is a short walk away, and they give you breakfast.

#319 2 years ago
    Quoted from Arcadedl:

Called the SHH trying to get a room for Friday night...sounds like they have been sold out for a while. Does anyone have a reservation they can't use?

After looking into hotel rooms I decided to Uber back and forth. Costs a little less than a room at the Super 8 (Uber app says $50-60 for me) and you get to sleep in your own bed. Presumably there will be an Uber driver at 2am to drive me home, but if not I'll just play more pins until one shows up, no big deal.

#320 2 years ago
    Quoted from Brypten:

Trying to register south park for free play. Keeps on coming up custom theme? Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

We will fix it after it comes through. Go ahead and register it

#321 2 years ago

I know the bedding has all been upgraded and lots of new heat/ac units installed as well as flat screen TVs

#322 2 years ago
    Quoted from Arcadedl:

Friday has been sold out a while but try the super 8 across the parking lot

#323 2 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Friday has been sold out a while but try the super 8 across the parking lot

I am at the Hampton Inn that appears to be just a short walk away. They may still have rooms too.

#324 2 years ago
    Quoted from Brypten:

Trying to register south park for free play. Keeps on coming up custom theme?

It's not you. I'm getting the same thing on my Bally Gator. The bug has been noted. As always, we aim to calculate the correct Bonus Points when the game arrives.
    .................David Marston

#325 2 years ago

I was able to get in at Holiday Inn Express for Friday night only. SHH was sold out.

#327 2 years ago

The prep has begun. Six games coming in from Auburn Pinball. Shadow and Bride of Pinbot for the Extra Ball Lounge, Ghostbusters, X-Files, ACNC , and Rob Zombie for Free Play. Looking forward to this!

20211115_205451 (resized).jpg20211115_205451 (resized).jpg
    #328 2 years ago

So it begins tomorrow morning, load in.

E9381F82-C8F6-4337-B4BA-4E91444D631A (resized).jpegE9381F82-C8F6-4337-B4BA-4E91444D631A (resized).jpeg
    #329 2 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

So it begins tomorrow morning, load in.
    [quoted image]

That picture hurts my back.

#330 2 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

That picture hurts my back.

That’s why I spread it out over 3 days

#331 2 years ago

Just made a reservation for Friday night at the Holiday Inn Express..cant wait for the show!

#332 2 years ago

really dumb question...loading a game in and out, a person can borrow a handtruck, right?

I'm trying to save as much space in the truck as I can.

#333 2 years ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

loading a game in and out, a person can borrow a handtruck, right?

Yes, we have some.

#334 2 years ago

Enrico’s is about 5 mins down the street and has great pizza and a big tap list. Kaizen is same drive away and has some killer sushi. Both are a little on the pricey side but worth it.

BT’s bbq can be hit or miss, but they have the best damn Buffalo chicken sandwich I’ve ever had and fantastic fries, plus I’m pretty sure you can still BYOB there.

#335 2 years ago

Come visit the club room during the show and take a spin on my Asteroid Annie and the Aliens. Only 211 made, so not one you see every day.

It would probably take Banning money to pry it out of my hands at the show

#336 2 years ago

I checked the site for a vendor list and couldn’t find one. Will there be a vendor selling invisiglass, voodoo glass or something similar? I can’t attend due to a family event out of town, so I’ll have a friend pick up some for me if a vendor is selling.

#337 2 years ago

Speaking of food, what's good in Sturbridge? I always go to Teddy G's when in town, but maybe I should branch out. I know everyone says the BBQ joint nearby is good, but what else?

Porter House, The Duck and Public House are all good

#338 2 years ago

Did not see Brian Eddy on the show list. Wasn't he scheduled to be at Pintastic?

#339 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frogman:

I checked the site for a vendor list and couldn’t find one. Will there be a vendor selling invisiglass, voodoo glass or something similar? I can’t attend due to a family event out of town, so I’ll have a friend pick up some for me if a vendor is selling.

Not that I know of. There is a vendor list on the web site.
    https://pintasticnewengland.com/exhibitors/

#340 2 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Did not see Brian Eddy on the show list. Wasn't he scheduled to be at Pintastic?

He had to cancel last week.

#341 2 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Unfortunately Brian had a medical family issue snd had to cancel for this year. Look for him at the 2022 Pintastic.

#342 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frogman:

Cointaker usually carries Voodoo and they will be there.

#343 2 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Cointaker usually carries Voodoo

Oops! CoinTaker had to cancel, too. And one of our team leaders had to cancel. But we have depth, so fear not. I don't know if we have a vendor for Invisiglass, though.

#344 2 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Not that I know of. There is a vendor list on the web site.
    https://pintasticnewengland.com/exhibitors/

Thanks for the link. Fyi - from the nav…Vendor Hall>Exhibitor List (coming soon) doesn’t bring me to this page.

#345 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frogman:

I can bring some (new) if anyone needs. I have a few sheets I can part with on hand. But need to know by tomorrow morning

#346 2 years ago

Thanks to all who have signed up to be volunteers! I am at the show venue now, where we have volunteers folding and stacking T-shirts, stuffing Limited Edition swag bags, marking the floors for vendor booths and Free Play games, and several other tasks. And the free play games are starting to come in. See you soon!

#347 2 years ago

What is the age range for kids tickets? I didn’t see it anywhere on the website. Thanks!

#348 2 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

Thanks to all who have signed up to be volunteers! I am at the show venue now, where we have volunteers folding and stacking T-shirts, stuffing Limited Edition swag bags, marking the floors for vendor booths and Free Play games, and several other tasks. And the free play games are starting to come in. See you soon!

See you with two games bright and early on Friday Dave!

#349 2 years ago
    Quoted from AirWolfNH:

What is the age range for kids tickets? I didn’t see it anywhere on the website. Thanks!

12 and older is a adult

#350 2 years ago

I'm here now and for the rest of the week, ready to play and enjoy!

There are 1,257 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-real-official-pintastic-new-england-show-info/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.