Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,257 posts
  • 160 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AEF8A68C-AE46-4255-8D8D-25EA4BADCEFB (resized).png
    20220807_172818.jpg
    20220807_172731.jpg
    20220807_172550.jpg
    FDD5246E-4BC8-4CB8-BBE4-865D6F618DF5 (resized).jpeg
    20220623_190825[1] (resized).jpg
    290871166_10166603246480506_8702219675689729240_n (resized).jpg
    289014991_10166603246550506_2781155771863414598_n (resized).jpg
    289000327_10166603246520506_7863593074650008910_n (resized).jpg
    289017282_10166603246085506_6525515561217938380_n (resized).jpg
    13654268_10210457274455031_7422676064669589436_n (resized).jpg
    20220623_182619[1] (resized).jpg
    20220623_182620[1] (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-27-14-29-43 (resized).png
    C925F449-DD2D-49C3-B9EE-5231E3343A6D (resized).jpeg
    C86325F3-3B8E-4EDF-8333-9B78982B244F (resized).jpeg
    There are 1,257 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 26.
    #251 2 years ago

My wife and I will be flying in this weekend to take in the sights of Boston and spend the rest of the time playing pinball. But, I have one simple question. Do we need to bring our vaccine cards and will pictures work if so.

#252 2 years ago
    Quoted from Brewchap:

My wife and I will be flying in this weekend to take in the sights of Boston and spend the rest of the time playing pinball. But, I have one simple question. Do we need to bring our vaccine cards and will pictures work if so.

I can't speak for Pintastic, but if you want to see any shows in Boston you will want to have your card. I know a lot of concerts are requiring it. My wife had some wallet sized laminated copies made, I believe she said Staples did it for free.

#253 2 years ago
    Quoted from Brewchap:

Our Covid guide lines are at the top of our home page at pintasticnewengland.com

As of today vaccine cards are not required.

#254 2 years ago

When is set up times on Saturday ?

#255 2 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

When is set up times on Saturday ?

9AM

#256 2 years ago
    Quoted from Brewchap:

Most events in Boston do a vax check. Most restaurants do not. Most places I've been accept nice scans or pictures of the card.

As far as seeing the sights and sounds of Boston.... good luck, that city sucks, and I love it.

#257 2 years ago
    Quoted from Brewchap:

If you plan on renting a car, don't. You'll get lost just getting out of the parking lot, even with GPS.

#258 2 years ago

You could rent a car just for the drive out to Sturbridge. In metro Boston, you can get around on public transportation, using a 1-day or 7-day pass: https://www.mbta.com/fares
    Once in Sturbridge, most people who are there for the Pintastic show find enough food options within walking distance. If someone in your entourage is into antiques, then a car is useful.
    .................David Marston

#259 2 years ago

Thank you for the advice on the rental car. The wife seems to have everything mapped out so far, well at least for the 1st few days. And I'm sure that there will be an antique run at some point knowing her.

#260 2 years ago

Speaking of food, what's good in Sturbridge? I always go to Teddy G's when in town, but maybe I should branch out. I know everyone says the BBQ joint nearby is good, but what else?

#261 2 years ago

What is the early removal fee charge?

#262 2 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

Speaking of food, what's good in Sturbridge? I always go to Teddy G's when in town, but maybe I should branch out. I know everyone says the BBQ joint nearby is good, but what else?

The BBQ is very average, didn't care for it much. If you just want some meat slathered in sauce I guess you could do worse but it's nothing a real BBQ fan is going to be impressed by.

Walking distance options:

There is a thai place across the street that's not bad.

There's a hot dog / hamburger stand next to the liquor store. I think they have chowder and some other stuff.

There's a decent seafood place as well if you want some lobster.

And of course McDonald's as well.

No idea if they'll have the snack bar at the show open or not but you'd think they will.
    Unfortunately sounds like the Oxhead tavern (which was a good spot to grab lunch / chowder) on site is closed, as is the restaurant inside the hotel. Let's just say the recent reviews for the Host hotel haven't exactly been kind...but hey it's Pintastic! Let's party!

#263 2 years ago

I ate at the bbq joint, shit was dry as F—-, wouldn’t go back. Cracker Barrel is up the street and there’s a hot dog stand near the liquor store that’s got some good food. Not sure if he’s open that late in the year.

#264 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The BBQ is very average, didn't care for it much. If you just want some meat slathered in sauce I guess you could do worse but it's nothing a real BBQ fan is going to be impressed by.
    Walking distance options:
    There is a thai place across the street that's not bad.
    There's a hot dog / hamburger stand next to the liquor store. I think they have chowder and some other stuff.
    There's a decent seafood place as well if you want some lobster.
    And of course McDonald's as well.
    No idea if they'll have the snack bar at the show open or not but you'd think they will.
    Unfortunately sounds like the Oxhead tavern (which was a good spot to grab lunch / chowder) on site is closed, as is the restaurant inside the hotel. Let's just say the recent reviews for the Host hotel haven't exactly been kind...but hey it's Pintastic! Let's party!

Wow, just started reading a few reviews on Tripadvisor...Like the Jack Nicholson reference in one lol.

#265 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If you are talking about the food stand across from the entrance to the main Free Play room, yes, it will be open Friday and Saturday starting at 12:30 each day, and Sunday starting at 10:00 AM. As an indication of the staffing situation these days, it will have to close for a couple hours on Saturday during the time that Jersey Jack is providing pizza with his update seminar, so that the concession people can switch over to doing the pizza for the Seminar Room.

#266 2 years ago

Holy shit there's a Cracker Barrel nearby?

Road trip guilty pleasure!

#267 2 years ago

Cracker Barrel is on the other (East) side of Exit 6 off I-84, but visible on US Route 20. Farther East, there is a shopping center that has Applebee's and Pizzeria Uno. There are plenty of restaurants heading West on US 20. Those who stay at the La Quinta will see some within walking distance. Burger King and Panera Bread are close to the show hotel, along with a couple coffee shops that I have not patronized.

#268 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If you just want some meat slathered in sauce

Anytime I see this I ask, “what are you hiding?”

#269 2 years ago

I look forward to BTs Smokehouse every trip, and I've never been disappointed. Its been for lunch every time. I find that BBQ places in general are worse as the day goes on. Most of the meat is probably cooked early.

Are you guys saying the hotel bar/ restaurant is closed? That would be awful. I probably spend a couple hours a day sitting at that bar. Ha!

#270 2 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

I look forward to BTs Smokehouse every trip, and I've never been disappointed. Its been for lunch every time. I find that BBQ places in general are worse as the day goes on. Most of the meat is probably cooked early.
    Are you guys saying the hotel bar/ restaurant is closed? That would be awful. I probably spend a couple hours a day sitting at that bar. Ha!

Yes according to the reviews it's been closed for a year or more.

Of course they blame staffing. Doesn't seem like the rest of the restaurants in the area are having any trouble staying open.

#271 2 years ago
    8AE35950-3D4E-4342-BA69-D35CBCA53AB9 (resized).jpeg8AE35950-3D4E-4342-BA69-D35CBCA53AB9 (resized).jpeg
    #273 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Aw man. It's nice to hit the bar in there to get out of the noise for a while over a martini or two.

#274 2 years ago
    Quoted from VALIS666:

Aw man. It's nice to hit the bar in there to get out of the noise for a while over a martini or two.

Fortunately the giant liquor store is still open.

Bring a cooler !

#275 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Bring a cooler !

From martini at the bar to flask on the toilet!

But seriously, still looking forward to it.

#276 2 years ago
    Quoted from VALIS666:

The bar is open they are not serving food though. I was just there tonight they are getting ready and stocking it lol.

#277 2 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

The bar is open they are not serving food though. I was just there tonight they are getting ready and stocking it lol.

That’s good news

#278 2 years ago

Eric Meunier's deep dive on the GnR pinball is actually Friday at 2:00 PM.

#279 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Bring a cooler !

Where is a good place to pick up an cheap cooler? I will not be able to bring one on my flight.

#280 2 years ago

A G&R cover band?! Damn, this is shaping up to be fun weekend. I definitely made the wrong decision doing a single day trip to the show.

#281 2 years ago

I’ll never forget at last Pintastic ordering a fish taco at the hotel restaurant: frozen fish stick wrapped in velveeta cheese slice in a tortilla. It was so bad it was worth it for the laughs. The breakfast was passable though. Too bad oxhead is closed.

#282 2 years ago
    Quoted from Brewchap:

Where is a good place to pick up an cheap cooler? I will not be able to bring one on my flight.

The liquor store by the hotel might. There’s a wal mart in Sturbridge that would have.

#283 2 years ago

I almost broke a tooth at the Oxford while having dinner. There are several places down the road to eat, Cracker Barrel, Applebee's, Pizzeria Uno. Also there's a Walmart, if looking for a cooler as earlier mentioned.

#284 2 years ago

I know it’s moot but I never had a bad meal at the Oxford.

Now, just be clear, all I ever had there was booze, chowder, and the “thanksgiving sandwich.”

RIP Oxford!

#285 2 years ago

Sturbridge Seafood.

#286 2 years ago

Besides at the bar, how does one recognize who is a pinside member?

#287 2 years ago
    Quoted from Brewchap:

My badge will have my pinside name on it so you can clear the room when you see me coming.

#288 2 years ago

Thats cool, is that added by the event coordinator, or something that you added yourself?

#289 2 years ago

Too bad that Friendly’s is closed across the street

#290 2 years ago
    Quoted from Brewchap:

I’ll be working the game registration table and my hair is blue (but fading fast) right now! Bring a game and say hi, or volunteer for a mini shift or two and you get to see everyone!

#291 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

My badge will have my pinside name on it...

Pinside names are added by individuals. Maybe someday we will have the advanced technology for the show to track alternate identities.

#292 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

My badge will have my pinside name on it so you can clear the room when you see me coming.

Make it double size. I can't see too good.

#293 2 years ago
    Quoted from Brewchap:

Thats cool, is that added by the event coordinator, or something that you added yourself?

On your personal Pinside page, there's a box you can click on to generate a badge. Nobody ever seems to bother to wear them to shows. I meet most fellow Pinsiders by asking.

#294 2 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

Pinside names are added by individuals. Maybe someday we will have the advanced technology for the show to track alternate identities.

I actually put beelzeboob on my badge registration. Make it happen, Gabe! My wife has her real name on it so she doesn't have to be associated with me.

#295 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I actually put beelzeboob on my badge registration. Make it happen, Gabe! My wife has her real name on it so she doesn't have to be associated with me.

No her badge just said BOOBS WIFE!

#296 2 years ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

I’ll never forget at last Pintastic ordering a fish taco at the hotel restaurant: frozen fish stick wrapped in velveeta cheese slice in a tortilla. It was so bad it was worth it for the laughs. The breakfast was passable though. Too bad oxhead is closed.

Hahaha, that's different. We have a local restaurant that we gave three chances, failed every time. Last time we went, my wife ordered a turkey Reuben. They made it with a frozen turkey burger patty, we were like WTF? And as we were looking at it puzzled, the waitress was like "O hell no", apologized, and went and yelled at the manager.

Sounds like Teddy G's it is, not a chain restaurant fan...

#297 2 years ago

Are show posters available this year to purchase?

#298 2 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Are show posters available this year to purchase?

Yes

#299 2 years ago

We have a local restaurant that we gave three chances, failed every time.

Sounds like Shitz Barbecue behind the Farmers Market at Allentown. Avoid that dump.

#300 2 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Our Covid guide lines are at the top of our home page at pintasticnewengland.com
    As of today vaccine cards are not required.

That policy is show wide, correct? Heard something that conflicted with what's posted.

There are 1,257 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-real-official-pintastic-new-england-show-info/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.