Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,257 posts
  • 160 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AEF8A68C-AE46-4255-8D8D-25EA4BADCEFB (resized).png
    20220807_172818.jpg
    20220807_172731.jpg
    20220807_172550.jpg
    FDD5246E-4BC8-4CB8-BBE4-865D6F618DF5 (resized).jpeg
    20220623_190825[1] (resized).jpg
    290871166_10166603246480506_8702219675689729240_n (resized).jpg
    289014991_10166603246550506_2781155771863414598_n (resized).jpg
    289000327_10166603246520506_7863593074650008910_n (resized).jpg
    289017282_10166603246085506_6525515561217938380_n (resized).jpg
    13654268_10210457274455031_7422676064669589436_n (resized).jpg
    20220623_182619[1] (resized).jpg
    20220623_182620[1] (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-27-14-29-43 (resized).png
    C925F449-DD2D-49C3-B9EE-5231E3343A6D (resized).jpeg
    C86325F3-3B8E-4EDF-8333-9B78982B244F (resized).jpeg

There are 1,257 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 26.
    #101 2 years ago

I laugh at how this show is literally right down the road from one of the best breweries in the country who is making some of most sought after beers in existence, and it never gets mentioned.

VISIT TREE HOUSE BREWING COMPANY

#102 2 years ago

Maybe they could be a sponsor?

#103 2 years ago

We have "been in talks with" Treehouse Brewing in the past. They know we exist.
    .................David Marston

#104 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gotemwill:

I laugh at how this show is literally right down the road from one of the best breweries in the country who is making some of most sought after beers in existence, and it never gets mentioned.

Ya we are trying to get a shuttle bus to do a tour at tree house

#105 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gotemwill:I laugh at how this show is literally right down the road from one of the best breweries in the country who is making some of most sought after beers in existence, and it never gets mentioned.

I really don't understand the obsession with TH, don't get me wrong, they produce good beers, but there are so many other breweries producing good, and better beers locally. I honestly liked TH better when they were in Monson, but, I will admit, we did leave the show last time to head over to TH for one..

On another similar note, the liquor store in the lot at the show has an Awesome selection of excellent beers, and you can walk to it. This show definitely has a great location, I'm glad it stayed in Sturbridge.

#106 2 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

I'm glad it stayed in Sturbridge.

It bears repeating!

#107 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gotemwill:

and it never gets mentioned.

I think it gets mentioned quite enough actually.

#108 2 years ago

Eh, i dont drink.
    I am in it for the pinball and the people.

#109 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

Eh, i dont drink.
    I am in it for the pinball and the people.

Problem with this hobby, though, is that a lot of the people in it make you long for a stiff drink.

#110 2 years ago

Yessir
    But it is easy to just move along.

#111 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

Yessir
    But it is easy to just move along.

I agree. Which is why I'm usually back in my room by 9 PM.

#112 2 years ago

Let’s rock Saturday night

#113 2 years ago

Hello pinball fans,
    It's the season for pinball announcements, so Pintastic New England hereby announces that Eric Meunier will be a Special Guest at our 2021 show in November! This time, he plans to give a deep-dive seminar on his multi-TWIPy-award-winning game design, Guns 'N' Roses!

6843CEE0-041D-4A18-B461-69182CA2F078 (resized).jpeg6843CEE0-041D-4A18-B461-69182CA2F078 (resized).jpeg
    #114 2 years ago
    Quoted from radial_head:

I think it gets mentioned quite enough actually.

Not once on this thread actually.

#115 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gotemwill:

Altruist Brewing is even closer to the show and makes some great beer. Treehouse is great, but they aren’t doing anything better than most of the breweries making NEIPAs these days. I will give them this, their stouts are on a whole other level than anyone else though.

#116 2 years ago

The Governor of Massachusetts has implemented a requirement for those attending pinball shows within the Commonwealth. These suits must be worn at all times.

HazMat Suit (resized).jpegHazMat Suit (resized).jpeg
    #117 2 years ago

It will also protect you from crop dusting

#118 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

It will also protect you from crop dusting

Not if you're crop dusting yourself.

#119 2 years ago

LOL.
    That scenario could prove fatal.

#120 2 years ago

Depends on what you ate the night before

#121 2 years ago

I will say, as much as masks suck, they do work. Bummed out that we will be back to this but if that's what it takes to get us all healthy safe and flipping I'm fine with it.

Mass is putting in new mask restrictions right?

#122 2 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

You can earn a lot of perks (not the special LE badge, though) by bringing games for the Free Play room or volunteering to help with the show. Get Bonus Points for low-production games, LE games, games from the Pinside Most Wanted list, and more. For 2021, games with art by our Guest Artist Kevin O'Connor get Bonus Points, and he did a LOT of game art! We haven't announced Guest Designers yet, but their games will get Bonus Points, too. Points are calculated on November 19th, and you may discover that you got extra points you didn't plan for, like if you signed up to bring a game by Designer X before knowing that he is a Guest Designer. Start looking at your collection and thinking about what you'll bring.

Quoted from radial_head:

I will say, as much as masks suck, they do work. Bummed out that we will be back to this but if that's what it takes to get us all healthy safe and flipping I'm fine with it.
    Mass is putting in new mask restrictions right?

I don't know of any mask mandate outside of Boston and in schools. Certain towns may have their own rules. No mandates here south of the city other than the schools indoors, at least for now. Not that I'm against the masks, I'm not at all, I get it. But I'm not sure I'll be going if we are back to masks. I can't stand wearing the thing and the show is supposed to be fun.

#123 2 years ago

Got my parking spot early...

20210919_153847.jpg20210919_153847.jpg
    #124 2 years ago

Got my parking spot early...
    [quoted image]

Hang tight: Someone will be by to feed you mid-October.

#125 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hang tight: Someone will be by to feed you mid-October.

Sweet... standing by. Going to survive off McDonald's, hotdogs, and Yankee Spirits till then.

#126 2 years ago

Sweet... standing by. Going to survive off McDonald's, hotdogs, and Yankee Spirits till then.

And from what I hear, you've got a weed supplier right there. So if things get really rough, just smoke up.

#127 2 years ago

Pintastic New England will bring more famous game creators to Sturbridge this November. We are happy to announce that beloved game designer Brian Eddy will be making his first appearance at Pintastic this year! He is known for having a high proportion of "A-list" games among his designs, including fan favorite Medieval Madness. He is now developing games for Stern Pinball, and we will sit down with him to discuss modern-day designs, including Stern's new Insider Connected™ system. As usual, those who bring games to the show will earn extra Bonus Points for each Brian Eddy game they bring. You get 3 points for a game where he designed the playfield, and one point for a game where he did the software.

We have enhanced our state-of-the-art software that tracks games brought to the show and the Bonus Points for those who bring them (and volunteers, too). To make conversations about the software easier, we now call it MyFlipR™. We are ready for you to register games you will bring. Start on the pintasticnewengland.com website, click on Free Play Games on the top menu bar, then pick the Login option. If you used the software in the past, your login name was carried over (usually your email address in all lower-case letters). You'll have to reset your password. If you are a first-time game bringer, there is an account creation page that collects your contact info.

Once you get in to MyFlipR™, the My Games page has an Add Game button. If the game you want to register is a pinball or pitch-and-bat baseball game, it's probably already in our database of over 3000 such games; just type part of the name and see if it pops up on the pick list. Choosing the name from the list is the most foolproof way to get all the Bonus Points you should get.

Pintastic takes pride in having the best bundle of rewards for bringing games to put in our Free Play room. You get admission to the show, admission to the Special When Lit ℠ after-party, a chance to win some swag in our game-bringer giveaway, a chance to win a blue ribbon for a game that looks good and plays well, entry into the Extra Ball Lounge℠ overnight, PLUS Bonus Points for desirable games! See our website for eligibility details. And if you want to put the game up for sale at the show, check off For Sale in MyFlipR and we'll help you sell it! Games that are for sale are indicated on the game card and on the online MyFlipR games list. Get one extra Bonus Point for each game that is registered by October 24!

You may have seen online buzz about Arcade Dreams, a documentary video that has been in development for a couple years. Rock Steady Media, producers of this epic, will send a representative to the show to give a progress report and show us some clips! They are still gathering material from all over the country about pinball, foosball, video games, air hockey, and many other coin-op games.

Rest assured that we are pursuing all the pinball manufacturers to send people to Pintastic to give updates about their newest developments! Many more great seminars, tournaments, and game showings will be announced over the next 2 months. Tell your game-playing friends!

See you at the show!
    The Pintastic Crew
    https://pintasticnewengland.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/PintasticNewEngland/

unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg
    #128 2 years ago

i just registered my guns and roses le.... it was easy.. gonna be a great show.....

#129 2 years ago
    Quoted from hool10:

If the game you want to register is a pinball or pitch-and-bat baseball game, it's probably already in our database of over 3000 such games; just type part of the name and see if it pops up on the pick list. Choosing the name from the list is the most foolproof way to get all the Bonus Points you should get.

Sometimes the pick list gets a little balky, but if your game appears on the list, you should pick it that way. Be exact as possible; we aim to have all the Premium/LE variations, with the possible exception of a Vault Edition that is an exact re-run of the original. If MyFlipR seems to get it wrong, you can email david at pintasticne dot com to tell me which game you meant to enter, and I can fix up your submitted entry.

When your entry shows up on your My Games list, you can click on the name to get a screen where you can set the For Sale flag on and enter a price and bargaining info that will appear during the show. Prior to the show, the Games List will show just that the game is for sale. Note that the Games List can be sorted by most of the columns, allowing you to group all the For Sale games together (or group by manufacturer, sort oldest to newest, etc.). You can change the For Sale status back and forth; just note that we will print up game cards a couple days before the show (probably November 16th) and the sale status will be reflected on the game card.

#130 2 years ago

Another thing about the pick-list of game names: it has an upper limit on the number of titles it will show, so keep typing to narrow down the set of possibilities. Words like "star" and "ball" bring up way too many names.

Sometimes the pick list is very, um, picky. Somebody registered "X-Files" and the hyphen caused it to go in as an unknown game. I changed it to "X Files" behind the scenes and all is OK now.

1 week later
    #131 2 years ago

What Covid safety protocols will Pintastic have in place for the protection of your guests?

#132 2 years ago

It's called get ya fahkin' borchester shot kehd.

#133 2 years ago

We plan to follow the guidance of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts that is current at the time of the show. The hotel has done a lot of HVAC maintenance in addition to their other upgrades.

Don't feel obligated to shake hands when you're nervous about it. From what I've been seeing at shows, people understand if you wave or hold out an elbow.

#134 2 years ago

I'm personally planning to french kiss everybody I see to give them a propah Massachusetts welcome. It's been a long time between Pintastics.

And I'm starting with Gabe.

#135 2 years ago

Oh great

#136 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm personally planning to french kiss everybody I see to give them a propah Massachusetts welcome. It's been a long time between Pintastics.
    And I'm starting with Gabe.

HaHa you can kiss me but I will be wearing a mask so make it a kiss on the cheek lol

#137 2 years ago
    Quoted from sethbenjamin:

What Covid safety protocols will Pintastic have in place for the protection of your guests?

Deodorant and Gas-X will be handed out at the door

#138 2 years ago

And breath mints in case you cross paths with @beezleboob

#139 2 years ago

In all reality, I know Pintastic will be operating exactly within the guidance and mandates that the lovely commonwealth of Massachusetts puts in the place. Which, to say, is essentially nothing. I think it will be on us, the convention goers to make the right decision and to get vaccinated, get the booster, wear a mask if you're feeling up for it, just don't show up if you're sick.

Covid is on a rapid decline (let's hope for good) and Mass seems to have a pretty good vaccination rate. I received my booster shot recently (which definitely made me feel better about having to do some travel for work and what not).

I'll be there, in a mask, likely with all of my sys80 widebodies set up on freeplay.

#140 2 years ago
    Quoted from radial_head:

I'll be there, in a mask, likely with all of my sys80 widebodies set up on freeplay.

Let's get those games registered! Remember that you get an extra Bonus Point for each pinball machine registered before October 24th!

#141 2 years ago

Does anyone know if your President will open the border in time for us Canucks ?

#142 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Does anyone know if your President will open the border in time for us Canucks ?

Don't worry about that; just c'mon in! That's what's happening down south. We welcome all newcomers!

#143 2 years ago
    Quoted from sethbenjamin:

Quoted from Hammerhead:

Seems like October 21st is the date they are floating around to open the boarders to let Canadians in to the US. Will see what happens.

#144 2 years ago

We need games with art by Kevin O'Connor! He did a lot of them!

You get 3 extra Bonus Points if you bring a game that has his art! One extra bonus point if registered by October 24th! Go to
    https://pintasticnewengland.com/gamereg/
    to get all the details about our state-of-the-art rewards for people who bring games for Free Play!

#145 2 years ago

I'm interested in an EM gun game if there are any local, or if folks have one they can bring. PM me with details.

#147 2 years ago

**SPECIAL GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT**

Legendary pinball designer John Borg will be back at Pintastic! He has done some amazing games over his awesome career. Data East Guns and Roses, Metallica, Walking Dead, Aerosmith, Tales from the Crypt, Tron, and most recently Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to name a few! John is a great friend and super excited to see everyone and hang out, talk pinball, and dares anyone to challenge him on one of his pinball machines at Pintastic.

7A9DFABD-1A16-4CAA-90E1-1FA727CA70BA (resized).jpeg7A9DFABD-1A16-4CAA-90E1-1FA727CA70BA (resized).jpeg8B34C5DA-457B-4CD2-8AF9-180210A7DDA7 (resized).jpeg8B34C5DA-457B-4CD2-8AF9-180210A7DDA7 (resized).jpeg
    #148 2 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Legendary pinball designer John Borg will be back at Pintastic!

Dear John, I’m sorry. I think I’ve sworn at you more than any other person on earth. It wasn’t personal. It was always out of exquisite frustration.

#149 2 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Legendary pinball designer John Borg will be back at Pintastic!

This might be a good excuse to bring my Lost in Space '65 retheme back to the show.

#150 2 years ago

Did you see that Billy Mumy and Angela Cartwright have a Lost and (found) in Space book hitting the street?

Bring the game. Its hard to imagine anyone not having a connection to the tv series.

There are 1,257 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-real-official-pintastic-new-england-show-info/page/3?hl=smognote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.