Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,257 posts
  • 160 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AEF8A68C-AE46-4255-8D8D-25EA4BADCEFB (resized).png
    20220807_172818.jpg
    20220807_172731.jpg
    20220807_172550.jpg
    FDD5246E-4BC8-4CB8-BBE4-865D6F618DF5 (resized).jpeg
    20220623_190825[1] (resized).jpg
    290871166_10166603246480506_8702219675689729240_n (resized).jpg
    289014991_10166603246550506_2781155771863414598_n (resized).jpg
    289000327_10166603246520506_7863593074650008910_n (resized).jpg
    289017282_10166603246085506_6525515561217938380_n (resized).jpg
    13654268_10210457274455031_7422676064669589436_n (resized).jpg
    20220623_182619[1] (resized).jpg
    20220623_182620[1] (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-27-14-29-43 (resized).png
    C925F449-DD2D-49C3-B9EE-5231E3343A6D (resized).jpeg
    C86325F3-3B8E-4EDF-8333-9B78982B244F (resized).jpeg
    There are 1,257 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 26.
    #651 2 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

We did discuss the lockdown bar, apron area (above and below the glass), and doubling up with a card in the traditional place. For those who carry around a smart phone and want to use it, the game number is all they need to get the rest of the info about the game. Pulling up the online info also gives you a route to reach the seller, if the game is for sale.

What if we made the QR code bigger than it is? For the text, do you just need the game number bigger, so you can pull up the online info (as mentioned above)? For those who are trying to read info directly off the card, what info is most important?
    By the way, game registration is open!
    .................David Marston

I don't think the average person knew what the cards were for last year. Maybe if they are closer to the player, that would do the trick.

#652 2 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

Navigate as follows, from the top menus:
    Top 100 --> Various --> Owned or Wished --> Most Wished
    I take a snapshot on January 1 each year, but the list is pretty stable and is a good estimate of the so-called "A-list" games.

Great, thanks, I should click around more!

#653 2 years ago

Game registration page is open for Pintastic June 23rd to 26th. This year we are changing a few things up. We added one more $100 cash prize and the thank you give away drawing will happen on Sunday morning with free donuts and coffee as an additional thank you to game bringers and volunteers. Here is all the info https://pintasticnewengland.com/gamereg/

#654 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinash:

I don't think the average person knew what the cards were for last year. Maybe if they are closer to the player, that would do the trick.

Exactly, or knew if a game was for sale or not.

#655 2 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

...or knew if a game was for sale or not.

There are two ways to find out if the game is for sale. One is the card. Last show, we had a separate card color for games that are for sale, in addition to the wording on the card.

The other way to see what's for sale is to look at the registered games list on our MyFlipR system. That's why we ask the game bringer to mark the game as being for sale, if it will be, at the time of registration. If they do that, the game list is helping them build awareness that the game is for sale.

#656 2 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

There are two ways to find out if the game is for sale. One is the card. Last show, we had a separate card color for games that are for sale, in addition to the wording on the card.
    The other way to see what's for sale is to look at the registered games list on our MyFlipR system. That's why we ask the game bringer to mark the game as being for sale, if it will be, at the time of registration. If they do that, the game list is helping them build awareness that the game is for sale.

Yup, but the average person has no clue about the color coding, there was no visible writing on the card indicating sale status, and no clue what the MyflipR system is (if it was the QR, that just brought me down a useless rabbit hole, which ended at the game listing with a blank area for sale status)... I mounted the beast to scan the QR, just to waste five minutes scrolling through nothing helpful. THEN I realized it was a color coding thing.
    A simple "FOR SALE" or "NOT FOR SALE" displayed clearly on the machine would be much more helpful for the average visitor to the show. I'm not scanning anything, or searching a database just to figure out if something is for sale or not.

Btw, my comment is not meant to offend, just explaining my personal observation.

#657 2 years ago

Anybody bringing a Stern Ali for sale?

#658 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheShadowsNose:

Anybody bringing a Stern Ali for sale?

your coming from AZ and want to buy a game at Pintastic? Not a problem “Ship my pinballs” is a vendor!

#659 2 years ago

there was no visible writing on the card indicating sale status

Not true!

#660 2 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

your coming from AZ and want to buy a game at Pintastic? Not a problem “Ship my pinballs” is a vendor!

Actually coming from NJ.

#661 2 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

Not true!

O, very true. I even asked my buddy if I was blind. I'll look through my phone, I took a pic. I've never lied about something as absurd as this, and don't appreciate the accusation. (Should I add an exclamation point as well?)

Edit: Just checked my phone, of course I had to delete a plethora of unnecessary pics due to storage overload, only pics from the show are the DeLorean in the lot, my buddy with the cardboard Fabio, and the Seawitch scratch build. Guess it's your assumption against mine. I really don't care, it just wasn't clearly listed, anywhere on the machine. Contact Ripley, but believe it or not.

#662 2 years ago

O, very true. I even asked my buddy if I was blind. I'll look through my phone, I took a pic. I've never lied about something as absurd as this, and don't appreciate the accusation. (Should I add an exclamation point as well?)
    Edit: Just checked my phone, of course I had to delete a plethora of unnecessary pics due to storage overload, only pics from the show are the DeLorean in the lot, my buddy with the cardboard Fabio, and the Seawitch scratch build. Guess it's your assumption against mine. I really don't care, it just wasn't clearly listed, anywhere on the machine. Contact Ripley, but believe it or not.

Didn’t you already do this about 4 months ago?

Okay, so I wasn't the only one. Was interested in a game but had zero clue about the green/white thing. Almost broke my neck trying to scan the QR, then had to scroll down to the pin # from a drop down, then it says "For Sale" with no "Yes or No" (waste of time and energy)...A minute later I figured out "Green" meant a game was for sale, but I couldn't read the prices without mounting the cab.

I think the answer back then was that it was too hard to tell, color coding them wasn’t the answer, and that they would be making it more clear and testing new fonts, especially price. Just go to the top of a page, and look at pictures of cards. Here is a quoted post of one.

Quoted from hool10:

FYI this is the game bringer card we put on games. Photo credit to Martin Ayub of "Pinball News".
    [quoted image]

The great part about Pintastic is that they learn what doesn’t work, and then they improve it for the next time. I’m sure that’s what they will do with the cards as well.

#663 2 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

I think the answer back then was that it was too hard to tell, color coding them wasn’t the answer, and that they would be making it more clear and testing new fonts, especially price. Just go to the top of a page, and look at pictures of cards. Here is a quoted post of one.

Color coding doesn't work if you don't explain to people what the color coding means.

I had a game for sale and one for free play and the only way I knew the difference was because I asked when handed 2 different color cards.

Picture attached- There is nothing that can be seen from the players position that indicates my pin is NOT FOR SALE.

Next show I attend I was simply going to make a sticker to slap on the playfield glass that states FOR SALE or NOT FOR SALE because people understand that.

2dff402f13c68f59f7905b81dcf2d42e373ece9d (resized).jpg2dff402f13c68f59f7905b81dcf2d42e373ece9d (resized).jpg
    #664 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Next show I attend I was simply going to make a sticker to slap on the playfield glass that states FOR SALE or NOT FOR SALE because people understand that.

Yup that would work.

#665 2 years ago

Maybe an online tutorial, seminar or app?

#666 2 years ago

We are working on a solution. We listen and we adapt.

#667 2 years ago

Could use red card stock for pins for sale. Blue for not for sale. Pretty easy for people to see from a distance.

#668 2 years ago

We already do the color coding of the cards, and I think that would continue. We discussed having a third color for custom games, so those would be easier to spot. We have lots of team members that are speaking up about improving readability, scannability, supplementary signage, and then all the ways to request repairs that I mentioned earlier. A supplementary "For Sale" card even came up in the discussion. This is exactly the type of problem that spurs brainstorming and trying harder.

#669 2 years ago

All this discussion about sales aids should remind you sellers of the starting point: check the For Sale box on any game you're bringing that will be for sale. That will ensure that the For Sale icon shows on our games list, which means potential buyers can be contemplating the purchase of your game as soon as they see it on the list. If they see several they want, they might even plan to accumulate extra money.

You can change the For Sale status of your game at any time after it's registered, including during the show. When people pull up the games list while at the show, they are getting a current snapshot of the status of the games, or at least what MyFlipR knows about. More details about bringing games to the show can be found at https://pintasticnewengland.com/gamereg/, including incentives for those who don't want to sell the games they are bringing.

#670 2 years ago

I didn’t see a buy/sell/trade thread. I’m looking for a piece of Safe Cracker invisiglass or similar.

#671 1 year ago

The game registrations for Free Play are starting to roll in! The published game list also has games that will appear in the Extra Ball Lounge and the Vendor Hall, but the magic icons aren't enabled yet. The columns of the table are clickable, which gives you an easy way to see that we need more games between 1948 and 1976, for example.

You can also see that we will have strong representation of the custom games once again. Also, we have an advance registration of one of the most beloved tabletop pinballs ever, United's 10th Inning from 1948. I remember this being a big hit at the old New England Pinfest back in the 1990s, and at Weirs Beach before that! What do you plan to bring?

#672 1 year ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Color coding doesn't work if you don't explain to people what the color coding means.
    I had a game for sale and one for free play and the only way I knew the difference was because I asked when handed 2 different color cards.
    Picture attached- There is nothing that can be seen from the players position that indicates my pin is NOT FOR SALE.
    Next show I attend I was simply going to make a sticker to slap on the playfield glass that states FOR SALE or NOT FOR SALE because people understand that. [quoted image]

Some people are color blind. Pinfest has a box to check.two options: For sale or Not for sale

1 week later
    #673 1 year ago

Vendor Hall booth sales are going well. There will be a LOT of great games for sale in the Vendor Hall this year!

#674 1 year ago

A quote from Todd Tuckey on the JJP next game page.

" something G R E A T is coming from JJP!!! Look for it in the AUTOMATED SERVICES Booth at PINTASTIC in June...and come and meet Frank and I, the TNT Twins, and "Fanboy John" along with the man MIKE DADONNA himself, and of course Jersey Jack himself! LOTS of booths reserved for us in the big hall!"

#675 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dwboca:

A quote from Todd Tuckey on the JJP next game page.
    " something G R E A T is coming from JJP!!! Look for it in the AUTOMATED SERVICES Booth at PINTASTIC in June...and come and meet Frank and I, the TNT Twins, and "Fanboy John" along with the man MIKE DADONNA himself, and of course Jersey Jack himself! LOTS of booths reserved for us in the big hall!"

Oh, sweet! Does that mean Pintastic may be one of the first conventions to play their new machine? Definitely excited about going!

#676 1 year ago
    Quoted from HydrogenHuman:

Oh, sweet! Does that mean Pintastic may be one of the first conventions to play their new machine? Definitely excited about going!

Not one of the first. The first!

#677 1 year ago

Pintastic was also the first to have Stern Star Wars a few years ago iirc...

#678 1 year ago

I feel like we just had a Pintastic and I'm already excited for this Pintastic.

#679 1 year ago

Mike Daddonna is all world awesome and 1 of the nicest guys you could ever hope to meet.

#680 1 year ago

Where's the Games For Sale list?

#681 1 year ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Where's the Games For Sale list?

When people register the games they are bringing they can also indicate if it's for sale or not.

Here's the current list:
    https://pntstc.com/games.html

#682 1 year ago

Is there an age minimum for the adult (Silverball Rumble) tournament? My 7 year old son wants to play but I feel he's way too good for the kids tourney (eg. he's beaten Deadpool, Medieval Madness, and Iron Maiden and just put up 1.4b on Godzilla the day after we got it). I didn't want to take him only to find out you have to be 18 and it's not fair to the other kids to put him in the kids tourney so just wanted to be sure and ask. Thanks!

#683 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrgregb123:

Is there an age minimum for the adult (Silverball Rumble) tournament? My 7 year old son wants to play but I feel he's way too good for the kids tourney (eg. he's beaten Deadpool, Medieval Madness, and Iron Maiden and just put up 1.4b on Godzilla the day after we got it). I didn't want to take him only to find out you have to be 18 and it's not fair to the other kids to put him in the kids tourney so just wanted to be sure and ask. Thanks!

All kids are welcome to play in the Silverball Rumble. They can come prove they are better then us aging adults and we also keep a separate leader board that will just have kids 17 and under listed and we award trophies to the top 3

#684 1 year ago

***SPECIAL GUESTS ANNOUNCEMENT***

In what promises to be one of the most historic seminars ever at Pintastic, Roger Sharpe returns to sit down with Dave Marston and talk about 1999 and the WMS exit from pinball. What if the WMS pinball business had been spun off intact?

740AF8A2-1DC4-40D9-9B1E-533360B47DC0 (resized).jpeg740AF8A2-1DC4-40D9-9B1E-533360B47DC0 (resized).jpeg
    #685 1 year ago

"What if the WMS pinball business had been spun off intact?" Roger Sharpe was an insider and part of a team that had a serious plan to keep the business going! Our chat about that scenario is bound to have many lessons about the pinball manufacturing business in the 21st century!

I have a lot of intriguing questions prepared!

#686 1 year ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

***SPECIAL GUESTS ANNOUNCEMENT***
    In what promises to be one of the most historic seminars ever at Pintastic, Roger Sharpe returns to sit down with Dave Marston and talk about 1999 and the WMS exit from pinball. What if the WMS pinball business had been spun off intact?
    [quoted image]

Mr. Sharpe write up I did a few years ago for those not in the know: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=283613195850429&set=a.283609522517463

1 week later
    #687 1 year ago

We have some choice add-a-ball (AAB) games coming! And a deep-dive seminar about modifying an AAB game to record higher scores. Thinking about bringing YOUR game? Remember that early sign-up bonuses end when the month of May ends.

#688 1 year ago
    Quoted from docquest:

When people register the games they are bringing they can also indicate if it's for sale or not.
    Here's the current list:
    https://pntstc.com/games.html

Wow, not much for sale by that list.

#689 1 year ago

Just looked at the list for the first time, what are the small black paintball splat after the titles of some of the games?

#690 1 year ago

Just looked at the list for the first time, what the small black paintball splat after the titles of some of the games?

It means that machine is in the "extra ball lounge" which I think is an exclusive area for certain passes? Could be wrong.

#691 1 year ago

It means that machine is in the "extra ball lounge" which I think is an exclusive area for certain passes? Could be wrong.

Ahh, I would guess they should add an " ** " on the bottom of the webpage to let people know they won't be able to play those with basic entry.

#692 1 year ago

Ahh, I would guess they should add an " ** " on the bottom of the webpage to let people know they won't be able to play those with basic entry.

It could also be that they are available for everyone to play, but late at night they'll be in the extra ball lounge? I'm not sure as I'll be a first time visitor to the event.

#693 1 year ago

It could also be that they are available for everyone to play, but late at night they'll be in the extra ball lounge? I'm not sure as I'll be a first time visitor to the event.

Those are Extra Ball Lounge games. You need a multi day pass to get into the room at different times of the day and over night.

#694 1 year ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Those are Extra Ball Lounge games. You need a multi day pass to get into the room at different times of the day and over night.

There is another way to get acess to the Extra Ball Lounge. If you bring a game for the free play area for the full show you will get a lanyard and badge that gives you free admission to the show plus Extra Ball Lounge access from 8pm to 6am and admission to the Friday night Special When Lit Party.

Plus game bringers also get entries into the big raffle at the end of the show for lots of prizes and cash. Plus you also get bonus points that can redeemed for pintastic swag or food.

Lots of great incentives to bring you games to the show and show them off.

https://pintasticnewengland.com/gamereg/

#695 1 year ago
    Quoted from docquest:

There is another way to get acess to the Extra Ball Lounge. If you bring a game for the free play area for the full show you will get a lanyard and badge that gives you free admission to the show plus Extra Ball Lounge access from 8pm to 6am and admission to the Friday night Special When Lit Party.
    Plus game bringers also get entries into the big raffle at the end of the show for lots of prizes and cash. Plus you also get bonus points that can redeemed for pintastic swag or food.
    Lots of great incentives to bring you games to the show and show them off.
    https://pintasticnewengland.com/gamereg/

If you bring 4 or more games from 1992 to present day you will get 24HR access to the EBL.

#696 1 year ago

Anyone have any glass for sale?

#697 1 year ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

Anti-reflective or regular? PM me.

#698 1 year ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

I should have Voodoo glass from Cointaker in my booth. Same show special that they do. $250 a sheet, 2 for $450. Not sure how much I am bringing. Message me if you want me to hold you some.

#699 1 year ago

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to put out a feeler for anyone interested in a trade.

I have a deadpool pro, and Im hoping for a Metallica or Godzilla pro. I am way up here in Northern Maine, but could meet at Pintastic if anyone is interested.

#700 1 year ago
    Quoted from Acronymicon:

I am way up here in Northern Maine...

"Flatlander!" - from a guy who has family from St. Agatha (Sain Uh-Got for the non locals)

There are 1,257 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-real-official-pintastic-new-england-show-info/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.