Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,257 posts
  • 160 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AEF8A68C-AE46-4255-8D8D-25EA4BADCEFB (resized).png
    20220807_172818.jpg
    20220807_172731.jpg
    20220807_172550.jpg
    FDD5246E-4BC8-4CB8-BBE4-865D6F618DF5 (resized).jpeg
    20220623_190825[1] (resized).jpg
    290871166_10166603246480506_8702219675689729240_n (resized).jpg
    289014991_10166603246550506_2781155771863414598_n (resized).jpg
    289000327_10166603246520506_7863593074650008910_n (resized).jpg
    289017282_10166603246085506_6525515561217938380_n (resized).jpg
    13654268_10210457274455031_7422676064669589436_n (resized).jpg
    20220623_182619[1] (resized).jpg
    20220623_182620[1] (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-27-14-29-43 (resized).png
    C925F449-DD2D-49C3-B9EE-5231E3343A6D (resized).jpeg
    C86325F3-3B8E-4EDF-8333-9B78982B244F (resized).jpeg
    There are 1,257 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 26.
    #601 2 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Staying in Sturbridge for the foreseeable future.

See you in November too then!

#602 2 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

(I used to have a side gig as a bouncer at a shady "18+" club decades ago)
    Hosing the girls off after was a plus tho

Now we know who'll be qualified to hose off Todd Tuckey afterwards.

#603 2 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Did the alternate location not work out?

Make no mistake, the effort we put in to (attempt to) do the show in Boxborough was great leverage for negotiating with the Sturbridge people.

To grow bigger, we really need a similar place but with more like 75K-100K of conference space, and more individual function rooms. The vast parking lot is also an important consideration, and you may well see why this year.
    .................David Marston

#604 2 years ago

When I go to Pintastic, I'll meet up with roughly 15-18 of my friends there. EVERY one of them stated that if the show becomes a twice a year event, they'll certainly attend! Conversely, if the show had indeed moved to Boxborough, I would probably be just me, and maybe every OTHER year at that.

#605 2 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

The vast parking lot is also an important consideration, and you may well see why this year.

I knew it--the bouncy castles are on!

#606 2 years ago

Is the hotel really out of Saturday rooms already?

#607 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinash:

Is the hotel really out of Saturday rooms already?

Not from what they told me 4 days ago there was 80 rooms still available.

#608 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I knew it--the bouncy castles are on!

I’m on it, cap’n!!
    ETA: I’m just googling pinball bouncy houses and I was pleased to see one exists somewhere in the world. But if anyone has one and wants to bring it, I’ll help you figure out how to get it registered in the game registration system. I will let the free play room team help you figure out where to set it up.
    0DF5ADAA-0269-4A45-93CB-42886A5437B0 (resized).jpeg0DF5ADAA-0269-4A45-93CB-42886A5437B0 (resized).jpeg

#609 2 years ago

This will be my first year bringing a game. What exactly do the game bringing points get you? And do I still need to purchase a pass? Thanks!

#610 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinash:

This will be my first year bringing a game. What exactly do the game bringing points get you? And do I still need to purchase a pass? Thanks!

Unless it's changed you get a free full access pass (I did last year).

#611 2 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Truth is Sturbridge is our home. We pretty much can do what ever we want there.

For example: have a gnr tribute band blasting through all the rooms till midnight!

#612 2 years ago

Unless I’m missing something Saturday night is blacked out on their website. Should I call instead? Friday is still available.

#613 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Unless I’m missing something Saturday night is blacked out on their website. Should I call instead? Friday is still available.

You have to call. I did today (3/25) and they still had Saturday availability.

#614 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinash:

Yes one free all access pass per game on the floor each day. Access to EBL after 8pm. The rest of the info for game bringers will be up soon.

#615 2 years ago
    Quoted from jackd104:For example: have a gnr tribute band blasting through all the rooms till midnight!

Yup and “Limelight” a tribute to RUSH this year!

#616 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

It’s blacked out because we have the whole hotel blocked off for Friday and Saturday. As of yesterday about 80 rooms left on both nights. Call and ask for the Pintastic Block

#617 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinash:

This will be my first year bringing a game. What exactly do the game bringing points get you? And do I still need to purchase a pass?

As explained earlier, you don't need to purchase a pass if the game stays at the show at least as long as you do. Regarding bonus points, see
    https://pintasticnewengland.com/bonus-point-prizes/
    for the prize table (as of 2021, could be updated). Learn how to earn extra points on this page:
    https://pintasticnewengland.com/game-bonus/
    Keep in mind that we calculate the Bonus Points on the Friday of the show, which means you will be rewarded for bringing a game designed by one of our Special Guests even if you didn't know who the Special Guest was at the time you signed up.

1 week later
    #618 2 years ago

First promo video!

#619 2 years ago

Which is the best time to attend Pintastic if going for a single day excursion? Friday or Saturday?

#620 2 years ago
    Quoted from HydrogenHuman:

Which is the best time to attend Pintastic if going for a single day excursion? Friday or Saturday?

Friday

#621 2 years ago

Wife to husband: Let's plan a nice weekend getaway. I found a hotel that's near lots of antique shops. And there's some sort of sewing convention happening too, something called Pintastic.

Later that evening...

Husband to wife @11pm: Axl Rose???? WTF!!!

#622 2 years ago

What do you like most about pinball shows? Seminars? Tournament play? Buying parts and mods? Just hanging out in the Free Play room? Different aspects are stronger on different days.

#623 2 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

What do you like most about pinball shows? Seminars? Tournament play? Buying parts and mods? Just hanging out in the Free Play room? Different aspects are stronger on different days.

Seminars for sure. Many even keep my wife's interest (and she's not a pinhead). Vendors. Free play games. In that order.

#624 2 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

As explained earlier, you don't need to purchase a pass if the game stays at the show at least as long as you do. Regarding bonus points, see
    https://pintasticnewengland.com/bonus-point-prizes/

I read and re-read this whole thread and I don't see a post anywhere about the kind of pass one would get by bringing a game. Then I searched "pass" and "bring" and anything to find that info. Your links talk about points, but not a pass that you are given if you bring a game.

But I a stupid, so maybe I missed it.

Do you get a pro or premium pass?

#625 2 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Wife to husband: Let's plan a nice weekend getaway. I found a hotel that's near lots of antique shops. And there's some sort of sewing convention happening too, something called Pintastic.
    Later that evening...
    Husband to wife @11pm: Axl Rose???? WTF!!!

This has me cracking up!

#626 2 years ago

Getting excited for this! My kids were asking if we were going again. That makes it all the more worth while. The show in Nov, was highly regarded by them. So its a huge win for the Mrs. and I.

#627 2 years ago
    Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I read and re-read this whole thread and I don't see a post anywhere about the kind of pass one would get by bringing a game. Then I searched "pass" and "bring" and anything to find that info. Your links talk about points, but not a pass that you are given if you bring a game.
    But I a stupid, so maybe I missed it.
    Do you get a pro or premium pass?

Premium. I did this last year and got two passes for my games. A $500 value that was used to its fullest. I don’t think the place where you can register games to bring is up yet…

#628 2 years ago

If you go to pintasticnewengland.com, pull down the FREE PLAY GAMES menu, you will see that the third item (login to MyFlipR) is working. That should cover the 3000+ known games that are pre-loaded into the pick lists. If you have a custom game, enter the data to register it, but don't be surprised if I call you to find out more about your game.

As for the rewards, you get admission similar to the Premium level, access to the Special When Lit after-party Friday night, entries in the game-bringer giveaway, and Bonus Points to redeem for food or swag. We are beautifying the page that explains the rewards.

#629 2 years ago

Posts 129-130 in this thread have more tips for registering games you will bring.

Bring a Game That Earns Bonus Points
    We want to encourage you to bring a distinctive game to the show! Your pinball machine can earn Bonus Points if your game meets one or more of the criteria below. Many pitch-and-bat baseball games also qualify for Bonus Points. Video games and other arcade games may earn points if one of this year's Special Guests was involved in the creation of the game.

Most Wanted: games on Pinside's Most Wanted list earn 2 Bonus Points. This includes all variants and remakes.

Manufacturers: most of the companies that are out of the pinball business and made fewer than 100 titles get some level of Bonus Points, 2-5. Many foreign manufacturers qualify.

Special Guest: if a game designer, artist, sound creator, software developer, or engineer is on our seminar program, then the games they worked on earn 2-3 Bonus Points. Note that Bonus Points are credited when the game arrives at the show, so if you choose to bring a game before knowing that the designer was a Special Guest, you still get the points!

Older: Any pinball or pitch and bat game released before 1960 earns an extra point. Other electromechanical arcade games made before 1960 also earn 1 Bonus Point.

Rarity: based on IPDB production quantity data, 2-9 points. Modern Limited Edition games earn 5 points if their limit is 1000 or less.

Custom games: points for artwork re-theme, new software and art, new P3 modules, and new-from-scratch pinball games, if you designed the custom features. You'll earn 4-10 points depending on how much is original.

Pitch and bat games from any manufacturer other than Williams or Chicago Coin earn 3-8 Bonus Points.

Early registration, over a month before the show, gets an extra point.

I hope the above gives the general idea of how we use Bonus Points to sway your choices of games to bring.

#630 2 years ago

*FRIDAY NIGHT BAND ANNOUNCEMENT *
    Magnificent Danger is a collective of mobile brass and percussion dishing out weird and funky mashups of iconic tunes from your favorite video games, anime, TV shows, and more. The band's eclectic fusion of New Orleans second line, riot jazz, funk, and hip-hop has created a bizarre but danceable party that's appreciated by musicians and nerds alike. They will be playing the Black Night 2000 theme song for the first time ever at Pintastic! That’s a hint for a special guest.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/15i9OHRWLXy7JGj2DL-Rfl--g4Wx4ZmD4/view?fbclid=IwAR2RMyLUAlrlL-ahROLGj99mQc30RBxGUezEX_yY_9C2aTkCeF5GHJ3kKEM

#631 2 years ago

Looking forward to the show, & will be drinking beer as usual. WTF the anti beer drinkers!

#632 2 years ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Looking forward to the show, & will be drinking beer as usual. WTF the anti beer drinkers!

There will be plenty of beer consumed.

#633 2 years ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

WTF the anti beer drinkers!

Putting down sober people in a particularly sober friendly hobby is an especially bad look imo.

#634 2 years ago

You have a beer, you have a soda, battle on a pinball machine if you want to challenge each other. It would be nice if a bunch of people that are passionate about pinball could just hang out, no drama needed, show up and have some fun!

#635 2 years ago

I was not aware of any tensions at shows about consuming alcohol or not. Everyone seems to do their own thing. Many I am sure are drunk or on drugs or totally sober. No one seems to care any which way. Am I missing something?

#636 2 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Magnificent Danger is a collective of mobile brass and percussion dishing out weird and funky mashups of iconic tunes from your favorite video games, anime, TV shows, and more. The band's eclectic fusion of New Orleans second line, riot jazz, funk, and hip-hop has created a bizarre but danceable party that's appreciated by musicians and nerds alike. They will be playing the Black Night 2000 theme song for the first time ever at Pintastic! That’s a hint for a special guest.

HELL YES. I've got a friend who plays in this band and they TEAR IT UP.

#637 2 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

Posts 129-130 in this thread have more tips for registering games you will bring.
    We want to encourage you to bring a distinctive game to the show! Your pinball machine can earn Bonus Points if your game meets one or more of the criteria below. Many pitch-and-bat baseball games also qualify for Bonus Points. Video games and other arcade games may earn points if one of this year's Special Guests was involved in the creation of the game.
    Most Wanted: games on Pinside's Most Wanted list earn 2 Bonus Points. This includes all variants and remakes.
    Manufacturers: most of the companies that are out of the pinball business and made fewer than 100 titles get some level of Bonus Points, 2-5. Many foreign manufacturers qualify.
    Special Guest: if a game designer, artist, sound creator, software developer, or engineer is on our seminar program, then the games they worked on earn 2-3 Bonus Points. Note that Bonus Points are credited when the game arrives at the show, so if you choose to bring a game before knowing that the designer was a Special Guest, you still get the points!
    Older: Any pinball or pitch and bat game released before 1960 earns an extra point. Other electromechanical arcade games made before 1960 also earn 1 Bonus Point.
    Rarity: based on IPDB production quantity data, 2-9 points. Modern Limited Edition games earn 5 points if their limit is 1000 or less.
    Custom games: points for artwork re-theme, new software and art, new P3 modules, and new-from-scratch pinball games, if you designed the custom features. You'll earn 4-10 points depending on how much is original.
    Pitch and bat games from any manufacturer other than Williams or Chicago Coin earn 3-8 Bonus Points.
    I hope the above gives the general idea of how we use Bonus Points to sway your choices of games to bring.

Where can

Quoted from dmarston:

Where can I find Pinside's Most Wanted list?

#638 2 years ago
    Quoted from radial_head:

Putting down sober people in a particularly sober friendly hobby is an especially bad look imo.

Not putting anyone down if your sober or like to drink beer. Just seems like a bunch of people anti anything you want to do to relax (for me I like to drinks lots of beer). Looking forward to the show in June.

#639 2 years ago
    Quoted from archimandrite:

Where can I find Pinside's Most Wanted list?

Navigate as follows, from the top menus:
    Top 100 --> Various --> Owned or Wished --> Most Wished

I take a snapshot on January 1 each year, but the list is pretty stable and is a good estimate of the so-called "A-list" games.

#640 2 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

I take a snapshot on January 1 each year, but the list is pretty stable and is a good estimate of the so-called "A-list" games.

I've never clicked around that area of pinside. Based on that list, maybe I'll bring my Getaway instead of an early solid state.

#642 2 years ago

Anyone know if the Pinball Brothers will be there with Alien machines, and if they will be able to be purchased there?

#643 2 years ago

Anyone know if the Pinball Brothers will be there with Alien machines, and if they will be able to be purchased there?

Cointaker is registered to be a vendor. I spoke with the pinball brothers in Texas and they said they would try and attend. But cointaker will have a few aliens. Not sure about if they are for sale.

#644 2 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

I've never run across that page before. It's a much better list than Stern-flavor-of-the-week shooting straight to the top of the Pinside 100 list as "OMG it's the greatest ever made".

#645 2 years ago

I just booked Host hotel and rooms are still available for both Friday and Saturday night. You will need to call hotel direct: 508-347-7393. Rate is $135 plus taxes.

#646 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

I just booked Host hotel and rooms are still available for both Friday and Saturday night. You will need to call hotel direct: 508-347-7393. Rate is $135 plus taxes.

Don’t forget Thursday night as well! If you get a LE package the EBL opens at 10am on Thursday and does not close till Sunday at 2pm. Free play at 6pm to 2am Thursday.

#647 2 years ago

We had a meeting of Pintastic Team Leaders (these are like Ultimate Volunteers) last night and spent a lot of time discussing how to make it easy to report problems with Free Play games. Some shows don't even have a technical team doing on-site repairs, but we do, and we're just making a good thing better! If you've been to the show recently, you know that we put a QR code on each game for easy retrieval of the game info and to report issues. As a backup to the QR code, we post the (short) URL to get the same screen through your browser. Does that work for most of you? Do you want another place to type in or hand-write a trouble report? Talking to the person at the Game Registration desk is another option, which we expect to preserve. You can PM me if you have other ideas or experiences regarding game repairs, or anything else about the show.

#648 2 years ago

There were several posts discussing the placement of the QR code/FS/Info cards (labels?), so I'm curious where are you planning on putting them?

#649 2 years ago
    Quoted from bakerhillpins:

There were several posts discussing the placement of the QR code/FS/Info cards (labels?), so I'm curious where are you planning on putting them?

Maybe apron / score card area? Also, make the text nice and bold!

#650 2 years ago

We did discuss the lockdown bar, apron area (above and below the glass), and doubling up with a card in the traditional place. For those who carry around a smart phone and want to use it, the game number is all they need to get the rest of the info about the game. Pulling up the online info also gives you a route to reach the seller, if the game is for sale.

Quoted from Pinash:

Also, make the text nice and bold!

What if we made the QR code bigger than it is? For the text, do you just need the game number bigger, so you can pull up the online info (as mentioned above)? For those who are trying to read info directly off the card, what info is most important?

By the way, game registration is open!

There are 1,257 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-real-official-pintastic-new-england-show-info/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.