Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,199 posts
  • 159 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by dannunz
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220807_172818.jpg
    20220807_172731.jpg
    20220807_172550.jpg
    FDD5246E-4BC8-4CB8-BBE4-865D6F618DF5 (resized).jpeg
    20220623_190825[1] (resized).jpg
    290871166_10166603246480506_8702219675689729240_n (resized).jpg
    289014991_10166603246550506_2781155771863414598_n (resized).jpg
    289000327_10166603246520506_7863593074650008910_n (resized).jpg
    289017282_10166603246085506_6525515561217938380_n (resized).jpg
    13654268_10210457274455031_7422676064669589436_n (resized).jpg
    20220623_182619[1] (resized).jpg
    20220623_182620[1] (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-27-14-29-43 (resized).png
    C925F449-DD2D-49C3-B9EE-5231E3343A6D (resized).jpeg
    C86325F3-3B8E-4EDF-8333-9B78982B244F (resized).jpeg
    SWi (resized).jpg

There are 1,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 24.
    #551 8 months ago

Too early to book for 2023?

#552 8 months ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Too early to book for 2023?

You mean 2022

#553 8 months ago

Nah...I'm already planning two years out. That's how much I love this show.

#554 8 months ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Nah...I'm already planning two years out. That's how much I love this show.
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"e0e89fed73ba686703a87a3dcf0fb0cd3436dfbc-1639007023-1800"};
    //]]>

Did your dog have more fun than you again at the show?

#555 8 months ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Did your dog have more fun than you again at the show?

Not sure...but she did have a blast. It's my wife that got bored after a while; nobody bought her drinks like they usually do. She's married to me so the alcohol really helps.

2 weeks later
    #556 7 months ago

Is there a group code discount for rooms at the Sturbridge host yet?

#557 7 months ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

Is there a group code discount for rooms at the Sturbridge host yet?

We will have a link up on our site soon. But for now you can call the hotel and ask for the Pintastic block. We have the whole hotel blocked off all nights

4 weeks later
    #558 6 months ago

Has anyone started a 2022 thread? Not seeing one.

#559 6 months ago

This one'll morph in to it -- or at least that's what happened in the past

#560 6 months ago
    Quoted from MutterFudder:

This one'll morph in to it

That's the plan. It's even an "official" thread. What more would you want?
    .................David Marston

#561 6 months ago

Awesome.

4 weeks later
    #562 5 months ago

Did anyone ever manage to get their 2020 tickets reimbursed? When I got the email that they would be converted to 2021 tickets there was the option to cancel too if we couldn't attend, which I responded to. I sent a few emails since then, and in my latest email I said I could take 2022 tickets if that was easier, but I never got an answer back...

Added 172 days ago:

Matter was resolved, thanks!

#563 5 months ago

Who did the art of the '21 skeleton colonial patriot shirt? I get compliments everytime I wear that T.

#564 5 months ago
    Quoted from mdeslaur:

Did anyone ever manage to get their 2020 tickets reimbursed? When I got the email that they would be converted to 2021 tickets there was the option to cancel too if we couldn't attend, which I responded to. I sent a few emails since then, and in my latest email I said I could take 2022 tickets if that was easier, but I never got an answer back...

Yes

Quoted from Pinash:

Who did the art of the '21 skeleton colonial patriot shirt? I get compliments everytime I wear that T.

Joel our in-house art director. He will be doing the 2022 shirt, poster, key chain and beer glass.

2 weeks later
    #565 5 months ago

Good morning!

Soooo Pintastic Nov 2021 was my first Pinball show EVER. Loved it.

Sadly, probably won't be able to make the show this June due to a conflicting event... Is this show typically in June and November, or is it usually only once per year?

#566 5 months ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Good morning!
    Sadly, probably won't be able to make the show this June due to a conflicting event... Is this show typically in June and November, or is it usually only once per year?

Only once a year, usually late June/early July.

#567 5 months ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Good morning!

What conflicting event could possibly be more important than Pintastic lol? Thank goodness Pintastic is open much latter than other events.

The possibility of 2 shows a year is something we have talked about. Maybe the main show in June and a secondary smaller show in November. Let’s see how things go with covid this year. But a November show is a possibility in the future if the community can bare it. For 2021 the show got pushed back due to covid but people seemed to like it in November as well.

#568 5 months ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

The possibility of 2 shows a year is something we have talked about. Maybe the main show in June and a secondary smaller show in November. Let’s see how things go with covid this year. But a November show is a possibility in the future if the community can bare it. For 2021 the show got pushed back due to covid but people seemed to like it in November as well.

I like how my initial reaction is "Two pin shows in the same year, that's too many. People wouldn't go to both."
    Me, exactly .1 second later: "I'd go."

#569 5 months ago
    Quoted from arcyallen:

I like how my initial reaction is "Two pin shows in the same year, that's too many. People wouldn't go to both."
    Me, exactly .1 second later: "I'd go."

I go to York, Allentown and Pintastic. All 3 shows have their own unique vibe.

#570 5 months ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

What conflicting event could possibly be more important than Pintastic lol? Thank goodness Pintastic is open much latter than other events.

Cheers, I know! I know! I have to give a talk on carnivorous plants up in Carmel, NY on Friday, and I have to take my daughter to a photo op with Millie Bobby Brown at a Stranger Things convention in Edison, NJ on Sunday... (My wife needs on the car on Thursday; still trying to negotiate for Saturday, so fingers crossed... The argument that there won't be a show in November MIGHT be buy me some goodwill.)

#571 5 months ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Cheers, I know! I know! I have to give a talk on carnivorous plants up in Carmel, NY on Friday, and I have to take my daughter to a photo op with Millie Bobby Brown at a Stranger Things convention in Edison, NJ on Sunday... (My wife needs on the car on Thursday; still trying to negotiate for Saturday, so fingers crossed... The argument that there won't be a show in November MIGHT be buy me some goodwill.)

Ummm wait, I could be listening to a talk on carnivorous plants??!! Curse this scheduling conflict!

#572 5 months ago
    Quoted from DaWezl:

Ummm wait, I could be listening to a talk on carnivorous plants??!! Curse this scheduling conflict!

HEHE, if it turns out I can make it to Pintastic Saturday, I'll try to bring a plant for ya, cheers! (not kidding)

#573 5 months ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

HEHE, if it turns out I can make it to Pintastic Saturday, I'll try to bring a plant for ya, cheers! (not kidding)

I totally would love a plant BUT…I am the least competent gardener ever. There’s only one plant that I’ve managed not to kill.

I greatly love the mental image of you and your man-eating plants cruising along to get over to Pintastic in time though!

9D57B3A1-65D4-4A02-83EE-1496E8F372A4 (resized).jpeg

#574 5 months ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Only thing with November is, like last year, it's cold. That cut down on hanging in the parking lot and nuked any outside flea market ideas (I like the break from being inside and to look through crap for sale). If it goes to twice a year, I'd definitely skip the November show.

#575 5 months ago

I would most certainly go to both...

#576 5 months ago

I'd go to both.

#577 5 months ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

Only thing with November is, like last year, it's cold. That cut down on hanging in the parking lot and nuked any outside flea market ideas (I like the break from being inside and to look through crap for sale). If it goes to twice a year, I'd definitely skip the November show.

I'm the opposite. Summer weekends are limited. Nice weather in New England is more limited. For me, spending time indoors all weekend isn't worth the added benefit of having an outdoor flea market at a pinball show. I'm all for a 2nd (Nov.) show as there's nothing else going on then and I'd be more inclined to make a weekend out of it. I'm lucky to make it just half a day (if at all) the summer weekend it normally is.

#578 5 months ago

It’s a interesting debate for sure. I think the November show would need to be structured a little different. In particular the vendor hall. Not sure about how vendor support would be twice a year. But I think we could get some different vendors for the different times of the year.

#579 5 months ago

@dannunz---add a poll, seriously. I'd wager that the community could support it! 2x a year, properly spaced out would be incredible. It would also give those a chance to attend who couldn't attend one or the other due to other obligations. FWIW, me and nearly everyone I know in the hobby would attend 2x/year.

#580 5 months ago

If we go to twice a year, Pintastic would have its 75th show before Pinball Expo has their 75th show. (Can you tell that I like to do long-range planning?)

Having more shows would require more volunteers, more people willing to bring games, more people to give seminars, etc., because not all our current supporters would participate in both shows. We also have to recuperate faster and get the next show underway on a shorter lead time. We are just now finding out whether we can do this well, with 7 months between our 2021 and 2022 shows.
    .................David Marston

#581 5 months ago

I’ll go to every Pintastic.

#582 4 months ago

It will be my fourth year going but first time with an LE badge. Looking forward to checking out the EBL. I would definitely go 2x a year.

#583 4 months ago

“What conflicting event”? Work , it pays the bills

#584 4 months ago

This will be in my booth at Pintastic!!

IMG_4021 (resized).jpegIMG_4026 (resized).jpeg
    #585 4 months ago
    Quoted from jp1985:

It will be my fourth year going but first time with an LE badge. Looking forward to checking out the EBL. I would definitely go 2x a year.

Get ready for no sleep for 3 days strait lol!

#586 4 months ago
    Quoted from wise1919:

[quoted image][quoted image]

YES we are very excited to have you as a new vendor welcome my friend! Remember we cater to our vendors. Please make sure you attend the Friday night after party with a free buffet. Vendors get in first starting at 9PM. Than please feel free to mingle with everyone in the late night game rooms. As a vendor you have full access to all areas after 8PM.

Don't forget the live band (to be announced) on Friday night and "Limelight" A tribute to RUSH on Saturday night!

#587 4 months ago

I'd go 2X per year... if it stayed in Sturbridge.

#588 4 months ago

november sounds good to me

#589 4 months ago
    Quoted from gmanrulz46:

november sounds good to me

To cold for a fishing trip lol

#590 4 months ago
    Quoted from gac:

I'd go 2X per year... if it stayed in Sturbridge.

Staying in Sturbridge for the foreseeable future.

#591 4 months ago

I will have a booth to promote EZ Pinball Cabinets for people that are restoring or doing new Classic Stern Pinball builds. https://www.ezpinball.com/
    John the owner will be at TPF show this week at his company booth. Stop by & see them if you are there. Should be 7 available for sale at TPF.

#592 4 months ago
    Quoted from wise1919:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice. My 12 year old boy and I will love to check it out.

#593 4 months ago

I should be able to make this years event if surgery isn't delayed- Looking to bring a Firepower and Space Shuttle for freeplay/trade/sale and might bring Seawitch from scratch again for freeplay.

Looking for a routed Star Trek Pro, Data East Simpsons and possible playfield candidates for the Bally/Stern cabinet. Have a loaded (or stripped) standard Stern or Bally playfield you are looking to move from the MPU-100/200 -17 &-35 era? Drop me a line.

Already have Seawitch, Quicksilver, Centaur, Silverball Mania, Skateball and a worn Trek and Nitro.

#594 4 months ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Staying in Sturbridge for the foreseeable future.

Did the alternate location not work out?

#595 4 months ago

Got my LE pass a while back, and will PROBABLY be bringing the crowd favorite RoboWar again...now featuring refurbished card-edge connectors, ground mods, and jumpered to the enter initial buttons free-play! (Just have to remember to print out a sign that says "Press here to add credits").

And while I'm there, I am casually looking for a few games, Nascar, Sopranos, WPT, FT...

#596 4 months ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Did the alternate location not work out?

Truth is Sturbridge is our home. We pretty much can do what ever we want there. Any other location will have strict rules that will ruin the show IMO. Plus they are in the middle of a 3 year remodel

#597 4 months ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

We pretty much can do what ever we want there.

Cool, so the Jello Wrestling is a go for this year?

#598 4 months ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Cool, so the Jello Wrestling is a go for this year?

Still a family show lol

#599 4 months ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Still a family show lol

But EVERYONE loves Jello!

#600 4 months ago
    Quoted from MutterFudder:

But EVERYONE loves Jello!

Except the guy who has to lug the trash bags full of Jello to the dumpster at the end of the night...(I used to have a side gig as a bouncer at a shady "18+" club decades ago)
    Hosing the girls off after was a plus tho

There are 1,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!