Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,257 posts
  • 160 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AEF8A68C-AE46-4255-8D8D-25EA4BADCEFB (resized).png
    20220807_172818.jpg
    20220807_172731.jpg
    20220807_172550.jpg
    FDD5246E-4BC8-4CB8-BBE4-865D6F618DF5 (resized).jpeg
    20220623_190825[1] (resized).jpg
    290871166_10166603246480506_8702219675689729240_n (resized).jpg
    289014991_10166603246550506_2781155771863414598_n (resized).jpg
    289000327_10166603246520506_7863593074650008910_n (resized).jpg
    289017282_10166603246085506_6525515561217938380_n (resized).jpg
    13654268_10210457274455031_7422676064669589436_n (resized).jpg
    20220623_182619[1] (resized).jpg
    20220623_182620[1] (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-27-14-29-43 (resized).png
    C925F449-DD2D-49C3-B9EE-5231E3343A6D (resized).jpeg
    C86325F3-3B8E-4EDF-8333-9B78982B244F (resized).jpeg

There are 1,257 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 26.
    #1 3 years ago

This is our new topic to discuss the next Pintastic New England show. There is another thread for hotels, food, transportation, and the like, which is not year-specific:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-pintastic-new-england-2020-hotel-driving-discussion
    Watch this space for news!
    PCard2021_1A.JPGPCard2021_1A.JPG

#2 3 years ago

After careful consideration, the leaders of Pintastic New England have decided to cancel the 2020 show.

Our next show will be June 24-27, 2021, if the public health situation considers it prudent.
    That show will be in our new location in Boxborough, MA.

The staff at the Boxborough Regency has been very helpful in making the arrangements, taking into account the changes in lifestyles affecting us all.
    At this time, we still plan to have the vendor hall, flea market, seminars, family entertainment, and tournaments in 2021.

Tournament player points will be determined by the IFPA.

In early May, we will contact everyone who signed up for passes or vendor spaces and offer some options for compensation.

See our website
    https://pintasticnewengland.com/
    for general information and see
    https://pintasticnewengland.com/shop/
    if you wish to buy some of our Pintastic merchandise.
    .................David Marston

#3 3 years ago

Was hoping for September reschedule, but on board with the cancellation. Lets hope with the year in between, 2021 will be the best ever. Stay safe everyone.

#4 3 years ago

Sorry to hear that Dave, one of our favorite shows!

#6 3 years ago

i guess i have to cancel my hotel room now rats!!!!!!

#8 3 years ago

Total bummer but it’s the right call. Can’t wait for 2021.

#9 3 years ago

Good call. Cant wait to see everyone in 2021

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from gmanrulz46:

i guess i have to cancel my hotel room now

If you booked at the show hotel under the Pintastic block, it should have been done already. No harm in calling to check, though.

#11 3 years ago

I'm not surprised, everyone should wait until the environment is safer.
    -Mike

#12 3 years ago

SMART MOVE!

I hate to see shows cancelled for any reason but having a pinball show this year doesn't seem like it is worth the risk. Best of luck in 2021 - I think by then lots of people will be more than ready to spend some money in 2021. Sadly others will likely to be hurting badly - so try to help your friends and family that have lost jobs or businesses due to this Coronavirus mess.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

SMART MOVE!
    I hate to see shows cancelled for any reason but having a pinball show this year doesn't seem like it is worth the risk. Best of luck in 2021 - I think by then lots of people will be more than ready to spend some money in 2021. Sadly others will likely to be hurting badly - so try to help your friends and family that have lost jobs or businesses due to this Coronavirus mess.

Agreed. Just did a donation to food bank in my saviors name.

#14 3 years ago

Thank you to dmarston and the crew at Pintastic for making the right call. I'm sure this was a tough decision to make, but I'm glad to see everybody's support and understanding. See you all next year!

#15 3 years ago

Please understand this decision was very difficult for me and my crew. We spent Well over 20hr on Conference calls discussing every angle of the 2020 show and alternative postponement. We did a poll of vendors and game bringers to get a comfort level feel for what they were thinking.
    Ultimately it came down to the unknowns and quality of a Pintastic during these uncertain times.
    Pintastic is about family, hugs, hanging out and just plain fun for everyone. I could not see that happening this year and refuse to dumb down the show. Everyone deserves The Pintastic full
    Experience. So we had to cancel. We will come back in 2021 bigger, better! Thank you everyone for your understanding during these crazy times.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Please understand this decision was very difficult for me and my crew.

I'm sure it was. However, in my opinion, it was the right decision. There were too many unknowns to just postpone until later in the year. I'll look forward to 2021.

1 week later
    #17 3 years ago

I’ve never missed a Pintastic. I will be at the next one. Stay safe everyone!

3 weeks later
    #18 3 years ago

I finally got around trying to cancel my room. Well, they wouldn’t refund it. But they did let me book it up to a year out. Fingers crossed it’s at this hotel next year lol.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

I finally got around trying to cancel my room. Well, they wouldn’t refund it. But they did let me book it up to a year out. Fingers crossed it’s at this hotel next year lol.

Thank you for the reminder. I need to do the same.

#20 3 years ago

If you booked under the Pintastic block your room was automatically canceled.

8 months later
    #21 3 years ago

As of the beginning of March 2021, we know that the 2021 show will NOT be in June. We are looking at options for later in the year. As you all know, we will be subject to whatever pandemic-related rules there are in place as of the show dates. Watch our website for the latest news.

#22 3 years ago

Thanks for the update~~ always look forward to that show!

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

As of the beginning of March 2021, we know that the 2021 show will NOT be in June. We are looking at options for later in the year. As you all know, we will be subject to whatever pandemic-related rules there are in place as of the show dates. Watch our website for the latest news.

Thanks for the update David. I had figured the early summer was out. But it is great to hear there could be one later this year if we can get things under control.

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

Ah, good idea. With how bad the vaccine rollout has been in MA, June was looking tricky. A date later in the year should hopefully make the show happen with little concerns. Good luck.

#25 3 years ago

We all need a pinball show. Bad.

#26 3 years ago

Thanks for the update! I had a feeling June would be a little too soon, but I'm patient and ready for whenever you decide to have the show.

More time to finish up these damned restorations I'm working on....

#27 3 years ago

Twas just thinking this is about the time when a mysterious package full of posters and cards would arrive to distribute throughout the land!

...sigh...

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from zaphod:

Twas just thinking this is about the time when a mysterious package full of posters and cards would arrive to distribute throughout the land!
    ...sigh...

It will still arrive just a few months latter!!!

We are working on it. Looking like late fall.

1 month later
    #29 2 years ago

Pintastic New England is coming back for 2021! Our dates will be later in the year than our usual late June, in view of the public health concerns. We will continue to monitor health guidance. The new dates are November 18-21, 2021 (Thursday-Sunday). There is no other pinball show that weekend, as of the time of this posting.

The 2021 location is the Sturbridge Host Hotel in Sturbridge, MA. Yes, we're back to our old location, now under new ownership. Many renovations will be completed by November. The hotel is 2 miles from the junction of I-90 (now Exit 78) and I-84 (now Exit 6B).

At this time, we still plan to have the vendor hall, flea market (weather permitting), seminars, family entertainment, and tournaments in 2021. Tournament player points will be determined by the IFPA.

Limited Edition passes will go back on sale later in April. Other passes will go on sale June 25th.

See our website
    for general information, see
    https://pintasticnewengland.com/hotel-2/
    to book hotel rooms, and see

#30 2 years ago

Oh my goodness! I was hoping we might get it in this year. I think that timing might be perfect! I'm already picking out what games I will bring to sell.

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:Pintastic New England is coming back for 2021! Our dates will be later in the year than our usual late June, in view of the public health concerns. We will continue to monitor health guidance. The new dates are November 18-21, 2021 (Thursday-Sunday). There is no other pinball show that weekend, as of the time of this posting.
    The 2021 location is the Sturbridge Host Hotel in Sturbridge, MA. Yes, we're back to our old location, now under new ownership. Many renovations will be completed by November. The hotel is 2 miles from the junction of I-90 (now Exit 78) and I-84 (now Exit 6B).
    At this time, we still plan to have the vendor hall, flea market (weather permitting), seminars, family entertainment, and tournaments in 2021. Tournament player points will be determined by the IFPA.
    Limited Edition passes will go back on sale later in April. Other passes will go on sale June 25th.
    See our website
    for general information, see
    https://pintasticnewengland.com/hotel-2/
    to book hotel rooms, and see

David,

How will COVID affect the show? Will attendees be required to be vaccinated? Any other changes we should be aware of?

Thanks,
    Rob

#32 2 years ago
    Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Will attendees be required to be vaccinated?

Let's not go there. We have no idea what November will actually look like and I think we need to give the show some time to make their plans and adjust operations to fit whatever the global situation calls for.

#33 2 years ago

Hey Rob R., I think radial_head said it well. As of now, we can just say that we're confident enough to get the venue and start contacting vendors, seminar presenters, and game-bringers. We're monitoring the world and Massachusetts situations, and we'll be watching what happens at the other pinball shows that now run before ours. I hope to see you at the show!

#34 2 years ago

Picking this date did not come easy. Our team at Pintastic is amazing and we are going to work tirelessly to bring everyone a show like they all remember from years past. I am very excited to see all of you again back at the newly renovated Sturbridge Host Hotel in November!

#35 2 years ago

Exactly what renovations have been completed at this location. I was looking forward to the alternate location that was planned last year.

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Exactly what renovations have been completed at this location. I was looking forward to the alternate location that was planned last year.

Ditto

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Exactly what renovations have been completed at this location.

As of the end of March, they created one new function room and recarpeted most of the old ones. I have heard about guest room overhauls but have not seen one. The exterior is partway through its resurfacing, and lots of other materials are on site. New furniture has been set out in the lobby, foyer, etc. I'm told that other work is in progress.

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

I was mostly excited because it was an hour closer to me, but I didn't have issue with the space (other than when the ceiling leaked on Dave and I's uber rare EM paining). Luckily neither were harmed.

Weird little New England town with a weird little history for our weird little hobby. Next to B.T.'s Smokehouse. Checks out for me.

#39 2 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

All rooms have gotten flat screen TV's, new bedding, and mattresses.
    The seminar room, Southern NH room, and Vendor hall have gotten new carpet. The rest of the convention hall ways are next to get new carpet soon.
    The vendor hall has gotten new LED lighting and will be painted in the next few months. Also the AC has been upgraded.
    The exterior of the hotel is getting a big face lift.
    The whole wifi system is brand new.
    The front entrance is brand new.

The hotel is under new ownership and things are really improving quickly. Same Sturbridge feel just upgraded.

FullSizeRender(3) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender(3) (resized).jpgIMG_8052 (resized).jpgIMG_8052 (resized).jpg
    #40 2 years ago

This is exciting news. I can’t wait. Selfishly I’m happy I don’t have to drive to Boston. This location makes it a reasonable travel from CT. Improving the hotel is just icing on the cake. Great little town. Great food. Always a great pinball show! Thank you Pintastic crew!

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

All rooms have gotten flat screen TV's, new bedding, and mattresses.
    The seminar room, Southern NH room, and Vendor hall have gotten new carpet. The rest of the convention hall ways are next to get new carpet soon.
    The vendor hall has gotten new LED lighting and will be painted in the next few months. Also the AC has been upgraded.
    The exterior of the hotel is getting a big face lift.
    The whole wifi system is brand new.
    The front entrance is brand new.
    The hotel is under new ownership and things are really improving quickly. Same Sturbridge feel just upgraded. [quoted image][quoted image]

Whoa!

If this is the case then this could be the best Pintastic ever!

#42 2 years ago

It's nice to see money being invested into this facility. It has been long overdue. I hope we can safely enjoy this wonderful hobby and show that you all provide.

#43 2 years ago
    Quoted from GreenMachine19:

This is exciting news. I can’t wait. Selfishly I’m happy I don’t have to drive to Boston. This location makes it a reasonable travel from CT. Improving the hotel is just icing on the cake. Great little town. Great food. Always a great pinball show! Thank you Pintastic crew!

Same thoughts from this New Yorker!

#44 2 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

All rooms have gotten flat screen TV's,...

and those TVs have a LOT more channels than before.

#45 2 years ago

Well I feel Pintastic is truly the Best party show in the USA! Not only do we have the biggest liquor store in New England next door, now we have a brand new dispensary right across the street! Welcome Local Roots dispensary. I better warn them to have more staff on for the show lol.

BF9BD483-14E0-439F-96DF-C2B6C9863503 (resized).jpegBF9BD483-14E0-439F-96DF-C2B6C9863503 (resized).jpeg
    #46 2 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Well I feel Pintastic is truly the Best party show in the USA! Not only do we have the biggest liquor store in New England next door, now we have a brand new dispensary right across the street! Welcome Local Roots dispensary. I better warn them to have more staff on for the show lol.
    [quoted image]

Great news! I'll set up a push cart outside with pepper and sausage grinders. That should satisfy those with the "munchies".

2 weeks later
    #47 2 years ago

The Pinside event calender still has Pintastic in June and in Boxborough:

https://pinside.com/pinball/events/pintastic-pinball-amp-game-room-expo-2020

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Wait where is the biggest liquor store?

#49 2 years ago
    Quoted from radial_head:

Wait where is the biggest liquor store?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #50 2 years ago

Nice. Personally, I'm pretty stoked to have it back at the Sturbridge location. This definitely tips it in a nice direction too.

There are 1,257 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-real-official-pintastic-new-england-show-info and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.