(Topic ID: 193982)

The real history of the Pin Repair Guides?

By Whysnow

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

w (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cfh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#17 6 years ago

The repair guys are 100% written by me. there are some contributors and help with some of the information, they are noted in the bibliography sections of each Guide. All the pictures of the published guides that are on my website are all taken by me. I spent years of research and work doing the repair guides. Any help was documented in the bibliography section.

A few years ago Michael from the PPM suggested that I let him sell the guides and they keep the money to help buy a place for them to have their museum. I agreed to it. Some people that contributed pictures to the guides were upset. So it forced me to take the guides down and Michael decided not to proceed. The guides with pictures that weren't mine never returned to my website. I felt it was best this way since I did not own all the pictures. I always owned all the text as I wrote every word and sentence.

At some point in time I would like to return the missing guides back to the website but it just involves a lot of work having to reformat and retake a lot of pictures. A lot of time involved and right now I just don't have the extra time to dedicate to that.

The guides were not a community effort. Some people helped yes but they are all my work in my words and my research. If you don't believe that then simply ask anybody who wrote what? You'll get no response. Any help with a particular guide is documented in the bibliography section of each guide.

#22 6 years ago

Steve Charlyne contributed zero to any of the repair guides. Nothing nada. Joel cook contributed nothing to any of the repair guides zero zilch. And I don't have a clear pin nor was I ever going to get one for any reason. I was thinking of making one but I never got off the ground with that

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cfh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-real-history-of-the-pin-repair-guides?tu=cfh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.