(Topic ID: 196354)

The real deal in modern day pinball: AFM Remake.

By kpg

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 195 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by MK6PIN
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
4 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
IMG_8410 (resized).PNG
IMG_8409 (resized).PNG
IMG950925 (resized).jpg
untitled (resized).png
Stern (resized).jpg
Hugo (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Don't forget the pile on Stern bashing. No pinside thread is complete without it.

Hey we all know you can't buy a non Stern pin without taking a shit on Stern at the same time

Looks like Afmr is really cool

Design costs are minimal and so is coding

More options are a great thing. Considering this one myself

#76 6 years ago

You guys want to take the quality dump on Stern. Ok, whatever.

I say buy whatever pins you like to F ing play and are FUN!

Because either way, in due time, the secondary market will be offering up AFMRLE's for sub $7k, just like every other $8k plus pinball machine made in mass quantity.

I don't give a flying F what its built like. Good luck making that argument when you go to sell it. I want one and know I'll take a hit, so what.

It's still a NICHE market and a wood box with lights. But its fun as hell and way too addictive!

That's why I don't try and justify spending $8k plus on ANY pin by bashing something else, its just plain stupid and crazy any way you slice it.

Who cares, life is too short!

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

An honnest opinion and Yes life is too short and not trying to convince anyone and do love to play fun games. You won t read many of my post on pinside as I read more than I write. And don t worry about me trying to sell my pins after. I have no agenda. My titles have thousands and thousands of games on them and in the long run have no reselling value and they come to my home to die there hahahaha. Never sold one .....odds are I never will. Anyway so I need heavy duty cause I do enjoy them with friends more than I should. So for the same price it makes sense to want more quality. Forget 8000 it could be 3000 but since the prices are the same quality is a valid choice for me.

I get it. I feel the same way.

When I buy a pin I want to own it forever too

And I'll never put 20k plus plays on my pins. Nor do i want to or have that much life left! Well I hope I do but I like to do other shit too. Not just pinball

For guys like you, quality makes a difference

That said, I pay attention to very high volume pin routers like Freemont in Vegas and his Stern pins keep on ticking well beyond 20k plays. His Woz is a ragged out Pos after 10k

The proof is in the longevity.

It may look and feel like a tank and then fall apart like a pos over time

Either way. It's just fun and $$$

#122 6 years ago

Have to disagree with you Hilton, TWDLE is the least "wood choppy" pin i own and can remember playing.

So many different ways to play it and goals to achieve.

My favorite and most played pin of all time, it's the only pin I've ever played non stop before i finally beat it, wizard, minis, modes, etc...I could flip that one with my eyes closed.

As for AFMLE, I'm getting that one with the green trim, instead of Aliens for now. Has ZERO, ZILCH, NADA to do with "build quality", pure fun factor and classic pin.

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Tell that to everyone in the DI threads who are refusing to play their games FOR WEEKS until Cliffy can make them protectors to stop the clear from falling off the goddamn thing.

But it was "play tested" on location for months before production! Wtf

#157 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yep its going to happen without protection to any open edge or scoop no matter the maker.. These new games are so fast and brutal ...it will happen

You hit nail on head. Fast and brutal. Shit happens to every pin no matter the maker

It is kind of funny how paranoid the DI thread is with "protection" freak out going on

Hopefully you are at least playing your DI Bigd and having fun!

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I play alot as u can see.... few hundred games a week spread across tbe collection. That's what they are for ..... not just to look good .....

Big thumbs up for that

I see you have an original AFM, I'm getting the LE, do you play it alot? Does it get repetitive as some say?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-real-deal-in-modern-day-pinball-afm-remake?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.