Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Warzard
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53F905CD-BC05-4A95-A851-F88598B47163 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20170216_112930 (resized).jpg
    9A6653B8-EE2D-4F26-A100-056C72D353C7 (resized).jpeg
    C82354B3-3193-4FED-8A5B-2A79639CCBE8 (resized).jpeg
    #1 2 years ago

As im a huge fan of rare pinballs and a crazy prototype collector ,I wanted to make a topic for people who also have rare/prototype pinballs so we can share repair help, parts,3d printed stuff etc etc to keep these running over time.

If it’s oke I want this to be for pinballs with less then 200 made and or for prototype games. From 1975 and up

I know rare/proto does not always make it a good pinball but that is not the discussion here
    also this is not a elite club

i have a big library of software images/pictures/stl files/parts I made and scanned from my own machines over time.

in my collection besides normal pinballs are

potc tripple disc proto
    Woz ybr monkey proto
    hobbit proto
    magic girl
    cosmic carnival
    heavy metal
    alien le hw
    thunderbirds
    cactus canyon whitewood PF
    medieval madness proto PF blue
    cgc vacation america
    Big Bang Bar

and a few more that will be joining my collection soon!

#2 2 years ago

So to start this off , does anybody know how to install a new game file on the cosmic carnival pinball? I have the original iso file but Can’t get it to install. I try to make a usb boot via the pi unit and also a direct to the micro sd but both did not work

#4 2 years ago

Are you looking for just solid state games?

There are quite a few rare EM's, woodrails, non-filipper games and I've owned a lot of these in the past and currently still do so.

Are you sure you are including modern games under 200? Remember, that there are several Spooky games that are under 200 and quite a few of these games are floating around.

Are we talking about, still in existence or production? Rare is hard to define because just about every game from the 50's and earlier has than 200 still in existence but the production numbers were much higher. Any solid state game from before 2000 that had less than 200 made would be rare even today but not after 2000. Should we just leave it to the discretion of whoever is posting?

Thanks in advance for clarification.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

There's an ongoing rare/prototype thread here, if you haven't seen it:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-off-your-rareprototype-pinball-stuff/

This thread would be different, I believe since it is a club thread where you ask for advice.

#6 2 years ago

Vacation America... I laughed out loud when I saw that on your list. In all honestly, that's a toy that breaks very easily! Sample, Prototypes, low production machines all lumped together for information reasons. That seems plausible. I have a backglass from a "Tournament Dominos". Less than 10 of those were made (thank God for that!).

I see... software/artwork resource. Unfortunately, the board was missing from the above mentioned converted pinball game (with a monitor) so, I parted it out and kept the backglass.

Here it is: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-ever-heard-of-these-machinces

#7 2 years ago

ForceFlow Correct this is no showoff topic like the other one .but more to find files/tech tips etc for all proto and rare games from 1975 and up . to keep it in some way not to big of a lifespan . Not saying that pinballs before that time period is not as great or important as these are You get my point

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Vacation America... I laughed out loud when I saw that on your list. In all honestly, that's a toy that breaks very easily!

Yep it’s a funny pinball ehh thing, and here in Europe even more rare then it already is

C82354B3-3193-4FED-8A5B-2A79639CCBE8 (resized).jpegC82354B3-3193-4FED-8A5B-2A79639CCBE8 (resized).jpeg

#9 2 years ago

I think if you are going to go back to 1985 then you should probably go back to 1975 and go with the start of the solid state era. That wouldn't add that many more games. I have an interesting early solid state game.

#10 2 years ago

Yeah no problem let’s do 1975 solid state —-> NOW

From most of my machines including prototype I made many scans of plastics and or other parts, that you could not buy new parts for now. So with the help of one and another we can do our best to keep the puppy s alive and kicking and looking sharp

#11 2 years ago

The only really rare pinball machine I ever owned was Atari 4X4.
    As far as I know only a white wood and one complete game
    was made. I had the latter. Traded it to Herb Silvers long ago and
    I believe Tim Arnold has it now next to Road Runner.

Something else I got with 4X4 was prototype artwork for
    an "E.T." playfield which was never made. It went to Herb with
    4X4 but no idea where it ended up. Hope it wasn't trashed.
    Steve

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from AMSNL:

So to start this off , does anybody know how to install a new game file on the cosmic carnival pinball? I have the original iso file but Can’t get it to install. I try to make a usb boot via the pi unit and also a direct to the micro sd but both did not work

Have many prototypes myself interesting topic. As for Cozmic Carnival (have 001) definately shows rare is not special lol. Anyway, reach out to Jimmy (86pixels) on Pinside. He wrote the software for Suncoast and was a Huge help when I had software issues. Plus he's a great guy.

#13 2 years ago

Yelobird i also have the no 01 serial but without the plaque on the back I guess this is the verry first proto ever build. It’s written on the playfield

I think I contacted jimmy before so I will send him an pm. This is exactly why I put this topic up awesome help so far

9A6653B8-EE2D-4F26-A100-056C72D353C7 (resized).jpeg9A6653B8-EE2D-4F26-A100-056C72D353C7 (resized).jpeg
    #14 2 years ago

It would be nice to share pictures of your really rare proto such as CC and MM and maybe the other. could you? Tks
    I own 2 proto myself.

#15 2 years ago

I already posted most of that in the other topic .
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-off-your-rareprototype-pinball-stuff/

This is for tech only . Sorry don’t want to swamp this with non useful info noitbe1

#16 2 years ago

I don't know what topic you're referring to but anyone is free to keep his really rare jewels good for museum private and ask for help.
    Really nice collection anyhow, good idea the support tech even if there is few chance same people own same really rare proto unless Cosmic C. maybe. I think this is the first thread like this I see.

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from AMSNL:

Check the Cosmic Carnival thread, I had that problem earlier this year, turned out my SD card was cracked. If I remember, 86Pixels explained how you need to install the software onto the SD card, but I might be misremembering. (and for the record, my CC is #25, the last one assuming they went in order)

#18 2 years ago

VALIS666 i can’t find it , I checked . Problem is . I don’t know what software is installed now on my machine as it keeps saying v.91 prototype and I just got handed a 1.05 version in believe

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from zarco:

As far as I know only a white wood and one complete game
    was made. I had the latter. Traded it to Herb Silvers long ago and
    I believe Tim Arnold has it now next to Road Runner.

That is correct. I saw both at the new location of the "Pinball Hall of Fame" in Vegas last month.

#20 2 years ago

I had an Algar pinball but sold it to a friend.
    Behind the backglass there is a text: Sample Algar T. kreamer
    Not sure if this is real
    Tony Kreamer is the disigner...

IMG_20170216_112930 (resized).jpgIMG_20170216_112930 (resized).jpg
    #21 2 years ago

I'm here for the stories and pictures, show me what you got!

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from AMSNL:

VALIS666 i can’t find it , I checked . Problem is . I don’t know what software is installed now on my machine as it keeps saying v.91 prototype and I just got handed a 1.05 version in believe

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cosmic-carnival-by-suncoast-pinball-and-arcade/page/8#post-6202191

"This will expand to a full image that can be applied with Etcher or Rufus. You must extract the zip and image the file within it to the micro SD card. Just make sure whatever tool you use doesn't try to do any "convenient" bootloader things."

Seems the file is still up, but if anyone ever needs it in the future (Cosmic Carnival code 1.05), PM me.

#23 2 years ago

VALIS666 ah must have read past that part. Let me try again today and see what happens . Such a shame that this game could not get the software on point because of the money. As it’s running on the p-roc platform maybe one day a enthousiast coder could make it a little better

UPDATE : bought a new sd card and flashed the image . Game is running on the production code now and wow what a diff that is. I was I think running on the first code they ever written as it did have almost not rgb and or graphics. Nice to got this updated!! Thank you

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from dudah:

I'm here for the stories and pictures, show me what you got!

You may check this thread instead : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-off-your-rareprototype-pinball-stuff/

Here there is nothing to see. Only a thread clone with a trick to ask for help and show off what the guy’s got.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from Warzard:

You may check this thread instead : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-off-your-rareprototype-pinball-stuff/
    Here there is nothing to see. Only a thread clone with a trick to ask for help and show off what the guy got.

I want to chime in here. I was the one that started that thread some years ago. My goal in the beginning of that thread was for people to show off there STUFF and not really the game's themselves since we've all seen most the same games over and over. The stuff is what I was interested in, you know the little things we've all picked up along the way that we've tucked away and kept from view of others. That kinda stuff is what it was supposed to be all about.

Personally I always thought that if people wanted to show off there rare/prototype games then that should have been a separate thread all together but it seemed that people didn't care or realize what the thread was actually intended to be.

I say let the guy have his thread since it's more about sharing tech stuff/info as he puts it, and that's totally fine. Can't we all just get along?

John

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

I want to chime in here. I was the one that started that thread some years ago. My goal in the beginning of that thread was for people to show off there STUFF and not really the game's themselves since we've all seen most the same games over and over. The stuff is what I was interested in, you know the little things we've all picked up along the way that we've tucked away and kept from view of others. That kinda stuff is what it was supposed to be all about.
    I say let the guy have his thread since it's more about sharing tech stuff/info as he puts it, and that's totally fine. Can't we all just get along?
    John

Your threat is the one ! Probably one of the best in pinside: all about sharing. That what is great in this hobby, tell stories, sharing rare stuff, event whatever... buying really rare things, keeping things secret and ask desperately for help is not the best pinball spirit so again, your threat is the best

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from Warzard:

Here there is nothing to see. Only a thread clone with a trick to ask for help and show off what the guy’s got.

Warzard Dude what’s your problem? You come barking in here and giving negative vibes. I’m trying to share things with a community to keep games running as this has nothing to do with showing off (want to see the thunderbirds?) If a plastic is broken on your prototype machine and I have the same or vice versa we can scan it and make sure game is good again. It’s not like ordering stuff online for these machines. So with all respect just go stomp sand,bugger off or try to do something useful on this forum instead

#28 2 years ago
    53F905CD-BC05-4A95-A851-F88598B47163 (resized).jpeg53F905CD-BC05-4A95-A851-F88598B47163 (resized).jpeg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-rare-amp-prototype-pinball-club- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.