4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by JodyG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    A13E13A9-2BAD-4A08-9483-A23A6D143CED (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Extraballz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

So recent events had me thinking about a pin company gaining a new unexpected advantage. The quality advantage. I mean it seems like Stern gets the best themes advantage. And JJP gets the best innovation advantage. Now until recently it was said that JJP had the best quality but I am not sure that is still the case. I think it would be smart for one or more of the other pin companies like Spooky, CGC, American, Deeproot?? etc to not only make higher build quality games but market as such. They could use even better materials and improve existing QC if needed to gain the quality advantage. Some may already have some advantage but they should market that.

Seems to me a lot of collectors would be drawn to a higher quality pin if it was to be built. It goes without saying the themes and gameplay would be important. Not just buying because of high quality but having it as an added factor in your discussion. Seems like a good idea for the smaller companies to get a bigger piece of the pie.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Quality isn't usually a factor unless it's incredibly impressive, or it sinks below what people will tolerate.
    The stuff that's somewhere in the middle doesn't usually get talked about a whole lot. No news is good news

Agreed but I would say quality in several areas of pinball have been on the decline. With that decline it wouldn’t take such a big step up in quality to be noticeable IMO. Big themes take big bucks to acquire but every pin companies can make a better quality product if they put their mind to it.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

The problem with hanging your marketing effort on "quality" is that the term becomes a battering ram the first time you send out a machine that has something like a coin door latch fall off during shipping.

Worth taking a shot IMO to get more market share. That’s what these up and coming companies need to survive. Worth the risk. With most industries competition is when you have the best conditions to get better quality and innovation. I mean make a great PF and tout using better metals and plastics for increased durability for starters. Then maybe move on to better mechs. And actually do those things not just say it for empty marketing. This is a possible angle. And it could help certain pin companies and the customers at the same time.

#6 4 years ago

Williams wasn’t worried about marketing very high quality or some might say.....

A13E13A9-2BAD-4A08-9483-A23A6D143CED (resized).jpegA13E13A9-2BAD-4A08-9483-A23A6D143CED (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Extraballz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-quality-advantage-?tu=Extraballz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.