Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Darcy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tronpinpop10.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ThatGuy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I was playing my Star Wars Trilogy last night and was getting really frustrated by the pop bumpers. I was getting lots of random shots bouncing everywhere and a lot of them were draining center, left, and right. A few times it happened after launching the ball as well which was very frustrating. Which then begs the question of what pop bumpers are really meant to do on a pinball machine. What I can gather so far and have read they are usually designed to slow down the game a bit. But in the case of my Star Wars game that did not seem like it was executed very well.

So, what other games out there have pop bumpers that really shoot the ball wildly throughout the playfield?

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

How much fun would a game be without them. Why not get rid of them and why not take off the slingshots also. I think we should just get a piece of plywood and roll the ball around on it. Now that would be fun. LOL

I understand the randomness that pop bumpers add to the pinball gameplay. My question was asking what games have pop bumpers that are most random?

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from UKCatsFan76:

Games with open pops are the most random, WoZ for example has open along with TZ, AFM, MM, CC, ACDC, Metallica, LOTR have pops in a controller area where the ball will exit with a high probability of maintaining control.

Thanks, those are examples I'm looking for.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ThatGuy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-purpose-of-pop-bumpers?tu=ThatGuy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.