(Topic ID: 262005)

The Princess Bride by JJP (speculation thread)

By Dantesmark

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Coindork
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2F95D629-5B22-42EF-BCD4-59F77CF8E7CA.gif
    Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 5.12.18 PM (resized).png
    source (1).gif
    source.gif
    02AE316B-9009-4305-A05A-DFF6A6B793E3 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    p17055542_b_v8_aa (resized).jpg
    1CEE3787-3C8E-463A-9062-FF011D95C132 (resized).jpeg
    EEA71C76-F760-47B6-9FA6-5B2BE574B50F (resized).jpeg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    A98137C1-83BA-4A7D-932C-417D27238C24 (resized).jpeg
    84D6592A-A375-4E36-AC43-7CB0B66436DD (resized).jpeg
    9DAE5575-13BD-4300-9A2B-6D2531BE4A32 (resized).jpeg
    7728ED23-4393-4C98-8086-B71D2E4FD697 (resized).jpeg
    D7BBF701-7360-434B-97CD-15EE5201DBA7 (resized).jpeg
    There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 4 years ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

People said that about WOZ too.

And they needed to be rescued by investors.

#52 4 years ago

Not anymore they don’t.

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I understand the movie has a big following with those that grew up with it but it doesn't seem to have built a new audience with a younger generation. Other 80's movies like Back to the Future and Ghostbusters have done this but that's rare.
    Below is a video where college students are asked if they know certain 80's movies. 4/8 knew the movie by just the title whereas 8/8 knew Back to the Future and Karate Kid. With how much a pinball machine costs to produce, especially at the level JJP does, I think there wouldn't be enough sales to make it a profitable title.

[quoted image]

Right, sorry. I forgot how important the college kid demographic is for buying pinball machines of 30 year old themes. Everyone loved the Twilight Zone I had in my dorm room.

#54 4 years ago

Wouldnt it be cool to be able to come back from the dead somehow, after ball 3 has drained???

1CEE3787-3C8E-463A-9062-FF011D95C132 (resized).jpeg1CEE3787-3C8E-463A-9062-FF011D95C132 (resized).jpeg
    #55 4 years ago

You can't come back from being dead. You can only come back from being mostly dead.

#57 4 years ago

Modes
    Scale the wall (hit shots to move)
    Defeat spaniard/giant
    Defeat the genius (shots build tolerance to iocane powder)

Multiballs?
    -escape the eels (2 ball)
    -forest rats? (3 ball)
    -prepare to die? (Mini wizard)

Mostly dead Kickback?
    (Billy Crystal)

Hurry up?
    -quicksand?

Humperdink (wizard mode)

#58 4 years ago

Is there some specific reason that conjecture/speculation for The Princess Bride pin has showed up, in the last 24 hours?

Or just 'man I wish someone would make x pin'

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I love the movie, but it would not make a good pin. JJP couldn’t even translate the Wonka theme to pinball, they could never pull this off.

Your probaly right about PB making a good pin.But Wonka is a fine piece of pinball design!A lot better then the pins Stern has been generating.

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Your probaly right about PB making a good pin.But Wonka is a fine piece of pinball design!A lot better then the pins Stern has been generating.

With respect to theme integration, Wonka was a big miss for me and I love the movie.

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

Is there some specific reason that conjecture/speculation for The Princess Bride pin has showed up, in the last 24 hours?

Yeah, I don't get it either!!

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Humperdinck or Humperdoo?

Thats easy. If JJP does The Preacher I'll finally be able to buy a JJP machine.

p17055542_b_v8_aa (resized).jpgp17055542_b_v8_aa (resized).jpg
    #63 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Thats easy. If JJP does The Preacher I'll finally be able to buy a JJP machine.[quoted image]

Another chick flick.

#64 4 years ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #65 4 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

If you don't think this would be a great theme, you must be a single guy, who is over 60 or under 30, and just generally out of touch. The immense popularity of this movie with women alone would make this a great seller. Every married pinball collector would have the go ahead to buy. Plus many men, myself included, also put this as one of their favorite movies of all time. There is also enough content in the one movie to make two pins. It would be an auto-buy at my house. The theme song was our first dance at my wedding. How is this not a top 5 theme for themes that haven't been done? What is better? Harry Potter? Sure. Superman? Maybe. Jaws? Nah. What else? Nothing.

I’m 41, married with 2 kids and I think this theme would absolutely suck as a pin. I also love the movie.

#66 4 years ago

Okay... give me 5 reasons it would suck.
    I can give you 10 it would be amazeballs.

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

And they needed to be rescued by investors.

And it is arguably the best selling pinball of the last decade.

#68 4 years ago

Too bad all the screen shots posted up so far are from the princess bride slot machine.

#69 4 years ago

Heard on the news awhile back they are remaking this movie just like al the others then have ruined over the past several years.

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

I’m 41, married with 2 kids and I think this theme would absolutely suck as a pin. I also love the movie.

What themes would be better?

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

The pictures the OP posted on page 1, seem to be pics of the lcd screen?

Edit: nvm they are from the slot machine

#72 4 years ago

Yeah, this doesn't count OP...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #73 4 years ago

You got me... lol
    Fun to speculate tho!

02AE316B-9009-4305-A05A-DFF6A6B793E3 (resized).jpeg02AE316B-9009-4305-A05A-DFF6A6B793E3 (resized).jpeg
    #74 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

You got me... lol
    Fun to speculate tho![quoted image]

Asshole. You really got my hopes up. Now my day is ruined.

#75 4 years ago

It will happen... i already had a rep from jjp ask me to take this down.

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

With respect to theme integration, Wonka was a big miss for me and I love the movie.

I couldn’t agree more. I really felt Wonka wasn’t up to the previous JJP on theme integration

#77 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Another chick flick.

Another family theme for JJP!

#78 4 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

What themes would be better?

Breaking Bad!!

#79 4 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

How is this not a top 5 theme for themes that haven't been done? What is better?

Goonies, Goodfellas, The Matrix, Back to the Future, Predator so no it is not a top 5

#80 4 years ago

JJP is making slots now? Awesome!

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Breaking Bad!!

Rofl. Yea great family theme.
    Cancer, drugs and violence.

Coco would make a great pin, easy to setup levels, wizard modes etc. great music.

If you have a bit older kids. World of warcraft would be frekkin god-mode as a pin.

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

Yeah, this doesn't count OP...[quoted image]

Hey! I have that slot. Rather fun to play.

#83 4 years ago

Jjp doing a monty Python theme would make more sense than this.

#84 4 years ago

Awesome theme that I would be in on...but where is the info coming from?

#85 4 years ago

NOBODY KNOWS HOW TO POST GIFS?!

source.gifsource.gif
    #86 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Breaking Bad!!

The best TV show ever (The Boys could threaten this) but not a good pinball theme.

Quoted from JY64:

Goonies, Goodfellas, The Matrix, Back to the Future, Predator so no it is not a top 5

Goonies is right up there; I'll give you that. I would still put it lower than TPB but I think a good argument could be made for it. Back to the Future is a great theme but has already been made. A new game would be ok, however. I love the other movies you mentioned but all would be clearly inferior to The Princess Bride as pinball themes.

#87 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

You guys kill me—if it’s not on your personal list of what you thought was cool when you were between the ages of 13-30, it must automatically suck. It’s like you think your d*cks will fall off if you don’t adhere to some adolescent fan boy idea of what’s cool. The antagonism to WOZ before it came out was insane. Instead of being psyched that JJ was going to put out a game with one of the most recognizable properties in the world, everyone lost their minds. Same with this.

I work in the licensing industry. TPB is a Great property-all of my kids and their friends know the movie and love it. Women love it. Men love it. Andre fans love it. Winner. Hope it happens.

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

NOBODY KNOWS HOW TO POST GIFS?![quoted image]

Yea... how do u do that?

#89 4 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

The best TV show ever

That would be The Wire. Can't say that would be a great pinball theme though.

#90 4 years ago

Next confirmed JJP pin is going to be Golden Girls.
    source (1).gifsource (1).gif

#91 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

Yea... how do u do that?

Before you attach the images, change this dropdown to PDF/GIF.

Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 5.12.18 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-02-15 at 5.12.18 PM (resized).png
    #92 4 years ago
    2F95D629-5B22-42EF-BCD4-59F77CF8E7CA.gif2F95D629-5B22-42EF-BCD4-59F77CF8E7CA.gif
    #94 4 years ago

After Golden Girls, they can do The Love Boat, followed by Murder She Wrote...and Marcus Welby M.D.

I bet those licenses are available for a reasonable price.

#95 4 years ago

Golden girls is unobtainium... except for Kaminkow maybe.

#96 4 years ago

28-year-old millennial here and I would L O V E
    to see this pin come to life. Timeless classic. Watched it many times growing up and would love to have it sitting next to a WOZ.

#97 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

After Golden Girls, they can do The Love Boat, followed by Murder She Wrote...and Marcus Welby M.D.
    I bet those licenses are available for a reasonable price.

You left out "St. Elsewhere."

#98 4 years ago
    Quoted from SKWilson:

You left out "St. Elsewhere."

You misspelled Dallas wrong

#99 4 years ago

This theme would be an instant buy for me with my wife's 100% backing. No-brainer title. Just saying...if your listening JJP...do this!

#100 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

I can give you 10 [reasons] it would be amazeballs.

would it read like one of david lettermans top 10 lists ?

There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-princess-bride-by-jjp/page/2?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.