(Topic ID: 323195)

The Price of Power, How much is a KW where you live?

By Kiwipinhead

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mattyk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gztr03w6v4621 (resized).jpg
    20201119_124749 (resized).jpg
    39a6394a6c745affbc18274b2601959adfef6d9e (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball-Ike.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 1 year ago

~0.07 cents/KWh off peak and ~0.24 cents/KWh peak pricing on city power in Northern Colorado. Peak hours are 5-9pm Oct-Apr and 2-7pm May-Sept. Not sure how that helps working families, but no one asks… shift your usage! Laundry and dishes do themselves during the day while you’re at work! Set the clothes dryer alarm for midnight, very restful. Talk about checking their privilege…leadership anyone? No? SMH…

After a 17 month shitshow with Sunrun, recently brought 29 panels and 2 Tesla batteries live. Not here to save the planet, it’ll be just fine. More importantly, despite terrible leadership at all levels it looks like I should be able to keep the lights on if brownouts occur, keep bureaucrats out of my thermostat(78 degrees suggested in the summer? GTFOH), and with the coming base KWh price increases from Nat gas price explosion basically guaranteed, the purchase looks better by the month… My 25-year solar KWh price lock is ~30% higher than off peak and ~60% less than peak pricing now. I never thought I’d see price parity between grid off-peak and my set-up…but reading about the prices paid and increases in this thread….maybe? Lots of people moving to CO, not a lot of generating capacity even planned, let alone being built… and a CO town already losing control of their ‘smart’ thermostats this summer…

Plus, I like the idea of sunshine powering my pinball play!

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/colorado-utility-company-locks-22000-thermostats-in-90-degree-weather-due-energy-emergency

Or if you don’t like Fox

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/smart-thermostats-shut-down-colorado_n_63117334e4b020c4ffab781d

#35 1 year ago
    Quoted from RonSS:First thing that caught my eye was it only took $100 for people to relinquish control. Yikes.

Well, they DO get an extra $25 a year too!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball-Ike.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-price-of-power-how-much-is-a-kw-where-you-live?tu=Pinball-Ike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.