(Topic ID: 128811)

The positive vibe thread

By TheDarkKnight68

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheDarkKnight68.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I am like most of the "no skin in the game" people with these pre-order fiascos. It pisses me off to see brothers taken advantage of. I can't stop reading those threads as it is mind blowing. However, I have resisted the urge to spew philosophy or legal advice or anything else, because it simply murks up the waters. I'm not involved (not meant as "not my problem" at all, quite the opposite). Everyone has the absolute right to post whatever they want, I just choose the "if you don't have anything nice or constructive to say, shut up" approach. I'll be there to assist any of my inner circle if they need or ask, but quite simply they don't need me "murking up the water" at this point.

I know that people have many ways of dealing with stress. Nothing makes it go away or fixes "the issue", but I know when I am extremely stressed or worked up, it helps to accentuate the positives in my life. It's like this.... If I'm running late to work, which I HATE, I have two choices. I can stress, and drive like an idiot- cussing, flipping the bird, whipping around the slow facks- basically making my head explode the entire time until I get to work. And then Im also pretty worked up and stressed which isn't too awesome for my co-workers either. OR I can force myself to see anything and everything positive along the way. "Wow, those lilacs are pretty." "Man, I really do have a great life." "My family is awesome and they love me." "Holy crap I have 12 pinballs in my basement." Yes. It seems trite. But at least for me it works. Doesn't change the fact that I'm late. But at least when I arrive, I am not stressed out, ready to kill someone or jaded. I'm late either way. I can either drive my stress and bp up through the roof, and ruin my day or like Booger in Revenge of the Nerds, I can just say Fuck It. Not to the responsibilities, not to the issues I need to address. But to the stress of it all. If you find some positives, it clears the head a bit, and allows one to go back to making logical and thought out decisions.

With that said, I wanted to see if we could start a "positive" list of things we love about pinball. Isnt gonna make anything better for the folks with problems right now. But maybe they can navigate through this a little better if they can just see some positives. My apologies if this is "stupid" in your book, feel free to drain. But I know if it were me, it might be a small step toward some short term mental peace. With that said, I think we still have a ton of good stuff happening. Theres still a TON of great people you can count on, so I'm starting the "good" list, not to forget the "bad", but to have a balance which just might help someone deal a bit better. In no particular order.

1. Comet Pinball
    2. Cointaker ( Not trying to start a debate, either of these companies are total bright spots in pinball and can be absolutely counted on for quality, service and just being great people.)
    3. Pinside/Moderators (overall a wonderful site for all of us. These folks bust ass for us for free)
    4. Marco Specialties (love these guys, accurate, fast and usually in stock)
    5. Steve Young (all things Gottlieb and beyond)
    6. Stern (say what you will, but they are the rock)
    7. Finding the "gold nugget" on craigslist
    8. My "local" pinball community (filled with lots of caring, sharing individuals)
    9. The Whopper (when all else is going shitty, I can aaaaalways have a burger)
    10. Summer/The Sun (enuff said)

Just trying to get some positive mojo going to balance the unavoidable negatives some of our brothers are going through (and right or wrong, no one likes to or needs to hear I told you so). Feel free to add your own positives, Id love to hear 'em!!

TDK

#3 8 years ago

How could I not list Terry.

-PinballLife

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Cancer free for 6 months now. So that's a plus!
    Chris

Holy shit!!! That is friggin' awesome and amazing. Congratulations and I hope your attitude rubs off on me. Thanks man, its stuff like that which helps me keep things in perspective when Im having a crap day at work or home. Schweet!

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

It's a great day to enjoy family, friends, and pinball.
    Don't waste it.
    LTG : )™

It's like an Oscars speech. Youy never can remember everyone. There's another blessing I forgot to us all.

-LTG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheDarkKnight68.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-positive-vibe-thread?tu=TheDarkKnight68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.