(Topic ID: 28674)

The Pinvataional is up and running!!! New pictures added!

By ThePostmaster

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 165 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by mojozone
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    DSCN1707.JPG
    DSCN1710.JPG
    DSCN1705.JPG
    DSCN1701.JPG
    DSCN1700.JPG
    DSCN1699.JPG
    DSCN1697.JPG
    DSCN1696.JPG
    DSCN1693.JPG
    DSCN1691.JPG
    DSCN1690.JPG
    DSCN1688.JPG
    DSCN1683.JPG

There are 165 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 11 years ago

The bridesmaids or glass? Does it matter?

#102 11 years ago

so... comic book or rock band, which way are you going??

#103 11 years ago

If I can pay the difference for premium, rock band, otherwise comic book.

#104 11 years ago
    Quoted from ianwho:

If I can pay the difference for premium, rock band, otherwise comic book.

Congrats on the new machine! How exciting that must be! We need to do another of these pinsider drawings soon!!!

#105 11 years ago

what pin did you win?

#106 11 years ago

Choice of xm pro or acdc pro

#107 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

That's quite a trek for you.

Seems to me it would be well worth it...

Great chance to meet some new guys and have a blast...

#108 11 years ago

Sounds like the whole Pinvitational was a blast! Congrats ianwho...!

#109 11 years ago

I am still at my work station computer. 3 AM. I played an extra 45 minutes to take GC on PHPG's ACDC...I finally did it. Wow, what a week! I am absotively exhausted!!!!

Good night.

#110 11 years ago

Haha that video is awesome! Favorited.

#111 11 years ago

WAKE UP Y'ALL HUNGOVER BASTARDS!

#112 11 years ago

So. Much. Beer. I hope TG has Bloody Mary mix

#113 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I am still at my work station computer. 3 AM. I played an extra 45 minutes to take GC on PHPG's ACDC...I finally did it. Wow, what a week! I am absotively exhausted!!!!
    Good night.

Thanks for putting on what looked like a great event and having the drawing that allowed some of us who live too far away to go to still participate.

#114 11 years ago

Yesterday was a blast, It was awesome to get to meet some pinsiders, thanks again TG, and everyone who brought a game, still can't believe the selection of pins there, the home brew was tops phpg. The Minnesota crew thanks to you too, it was fun hanging out. Later guys
    Nick

#115 11 years ago

Farewell dear friends! cannot believe its over

#116 11 years ago

Looks like it was a fantastic time for all!! Thx for posting pics for those of us who couldn't attend.

#117 11 years ago

Big props to those of you who helped organize this. That was no small undertaking, and it looks like it went off without a hitch. Way to go, guys!

#118 11 years ago

I really wish I could have made it. Next year for sure.

#119 11 years ago

Had nice time at the Pinvataional want to say thank you to everyone that helped make this happen.

#120 11 years ago

Thanks again guys for four+ days of debauchery/unity. I had a great time playing your course T_G and a special thanks goes out to Postmaster for going the extra miles (literally!) to chauffeur me around Iowa during the trip. (& golfing too...) For those of you Pinsiders who just sat at home and read the updates as they came in- well, I feel sorry for you. It might be a little premature in saying this but... The Pinside Pinvitational is truly a GAME CHANGER!!! Just being able to enjoy PHPG's deliciously hand crafted nectar of the gods was worth the airfare alone- seriously. His 'Twisted Enkle Blonde' was liquid gold. We probably finished it in roughly 5 minutes (give or take a few ); he was also instructed to quadruple the next Pinvitational's batch. I will also have to agree with the "Expo machine" joke earlier, there was a pretty solid lineup here for something this small/specific. I foresee the Pinvitational getting bigger and better from here on out.
    Thanks again to all of the new friends I made and also another bigger "thanks" to those (PB22, IPC, PM, etc...) that took the time to bring games and to graciously allow grown drunken men/women to flail away on them with nacho-ey/hot doggy/pizza-ey beer-soaked stained fingertips.

Now if you'll excuse me,
    I really need to go to sleep- for two days straight.
    See you next Pinvitational!

#121 11 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

See you next Pinvitational!

It was such a joy to put a face to those cute little Anime pics...!

Welcome to Chicago, NP. Enjoy your flight to OC!

#122 11 years ago

I had a great time and want to thank everyone for putting in the effort that made it a fantastic experience. The pins rocked and PHPG's blonde nectar was simply heaven in a glass.

#123 11 years ago

Pic from Friday. Not pictured are goldeneye, mm, lis, gameshow

image.jpgimage.jpg

#124 11 years ago

Awesome job, Chris!

#125 11 years ago

Just got back from the Pinvitational.
    Had a great time despite a raging migraine the entire weekend. Met a bunch of Pinsiders. Gorilla of course, Pinballer22, Nimblepin, Postmaster, puckguy, TonyM and more. Was great fun as it was a very friendly atmosphere.
    There were about 20 pins, all were playable.
    Goldfinger, MM, LIS, Party Zone, LTBR, Congo, STTNG, LOTR, WH20, SM, FT, AC/DC(P), CP, MB, SST, TS, IJ, Hurricane, Cueball Wizard, RS. Might be missing one. That was awesome.
    Thanks Gorilla for putting this together. [] I hope I can make the next one. Now get some needed sleep! []
    Dan

#126 11 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Just got back from the Pinvitational.
    Had a great time despite a raging migraine the entire weekend. Met a bunch of Pinsiders. Gorilla of course, Pinballer22, Nimblepin, Postmaster, puckguy, TonyM and more. Was great fun as it was a very friendly atmosphere.
    There were about 20 pins, all were playable.
    Goldfinger, MM, LIS, Party Zone, LTBR, Congo, STTNG, LOTR, WH20, SM, FT, AC/DC(P), CP, MB, SST, TS, IJ, Hurricane, Cueball Wizard, RS. Might be missing one. That was awesome.
    Thanks Gorilla for putting this together. [] I hope I can make the next one. Now get some needed sleep! []
    Dan

Dan

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/drove-through-the-woods-water-and-rocks-to-find-a-pin

Raptor

Had a blast, got drunk a lot, smelled Tony's nasty farts, played lots of ac/dc, drank more, slept little, drank, had nimbleypins draw mustaches on my fingers....it was amazing. I'll be there next year, just throw the date out

#127 11 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I'll be there next year, just throw the date out

OK, screw it. I won't skip a year. You heard it here first....2013 August 15 - 17th. Clean up on the 18th.

I miss you goofy clowns.

Post edited by The_Gorilla : hear here heer, I hate English sometimes

#128 11 years ago

For real! That is awesome. I'm in.

#129 11 years ago

Well count me in. Sounds like it was the best pin party going.

#130 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

OK, screw it. I won't skip a year. You heard it here first....2013 August 15 - 17th. Clean up on the 18th.

Damn, that's coming up quick, I better start planning now!

I just got home 10 mins ago. My family and I had a great time. We got to golf with Nimble, that was great. He's a good golfer! Toad Valley is a great course, make sure you bring your clubs for next year. It was a privilege to chaufer you around NP, and look forward to doing it again next year, if you can make it. I met some great pinsiders/people. The list is long, and in no specific order. T_G, NP, Sivlerballer (next year, I plan on playing disc golf with you!), PHPG, NV, TM, SC, PB22, and many more.

I have some great pics to upload, but will do it tomorrow, as I can barely keep my eyes open. We left Wed morning, got back tonight, and put 1197 miles on the old truck.

Nimble, my makeshift tie-down system worked great. No issues, all pins made it to their owners in one piece. I hope your flight went well, and you have a couple great days of unwinding. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with me, and I look forward to learning more from you next year.

Bill aka ThePostmaster (you guys can now verify my handle is most appropriate!)

#131 11 years ago

Oh yeah..............nachos, spicy sausage, homebrew, little sleep......I'm in. Hey Nimbly......we'll have to stock up on Coco H2O.

#132 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I miss you goofy clowns.

Not me, I'm too tired. I'll start missing you guys tomorrow.

#133 11 years ago

Criss Cross Applesauce.

#134 11 years ago

My kids won out this year but i was chomping at the bit knowing all this was going on just a couple hours down the road. Count me in for August, I will bring a pin.

Congrats to everyone who was able to go and especially to T_G (and his many helpers) for pulling this off!

#135 11 years ago

If it happens in 2013, I would definitely go. BTW, can PHPG send some of his brews to So Cal?

#136 11 years ago

It was really a great time. Nice to put names to faces for about 10 pinsiders I've never met. Nimble was the playfield-leveling master, PHPG was the brewmaster, Gorilla was the master of ceremonies, I was the gas-master, northvibe was the touchmaster, and postmaster was ... well he was the postmaster!

Mark your calendars now ...

#137 11 years ago

You know I am in...nothing like very little sleep, beer and lots of pinball!!!

PS...still tired today after hitting the bed a 9pm last night!!

#138 11 years ago

i slept from 11 last night until 10 this morn. and yes, I am still groggy, too

#139 11 years ago

My daily numbers look something like this:

-Average Per Day-
    Hours of sleep: 3
    Cups of coffee: 4
    Hot dogs: 2
    Slices of pizza: 6
    Games of pinball: 100
    Initials put on someones game: 2
    Cups of beer: 25
    Hugs from Northvibe/Postmaster Jr.: 10
    Autographs signed: 1

#140 11 years ago
    Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

Autographs signed: 1

LOL...I think we did a couple )

We should have taken a big group picture!

#141 11 years ago

PHPG wouldn't let me use his hair as a mustache....jerk

When NP heard hugs were free, he gave me 17

NP - if I see you again, I'll buy you a "hot dog" And I should probably fly out and see you :-p

#142 11 years ago

My daily numbers look something like this:
    -Average Per Day-Hours of sleep: 3Cups of coffee: 4Hot dogs: 2Slices of pizza: 6Games of pinball: 100Initials put on someones game: 2Cups of beer: 25Hugs from Northvibe/Postmaster Jr.: 10Autographs signed: 1

no wonder you are the gasmaster!!!

#143 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

no wonder you are the gasmaster!!!

It's safe to say the the Pinvitational is NOT good for my gastrointestinal tract ...

#144 11 years ago

Hey! I'm alive!

Here are some candid pics of the G.M.C. as well as Postmaster's "beloved", 9th hole.
    Enjoy!

"Uh-huh, uh-huh. Tell me more about your Irritable Bowel Syndrome..."
    IMG_0832.jpgIMG_0832.jpg
    Deep "JuNgLe-Y" focus... ("Why am I not playing Congo right now?")
    IMG_0844.jpgIMG_0844.jpg
    Getting the grrrroooove...
    IMG_0847.jpgIMG_0847.jpg
    A "GC" score gets a bushel of bananas!!! (Stay the course T_G!)
    IMG_0843.jpgIMG_0843.jpg
    The 9th hole...
    IMG_0836.jpgIMG_0836.jpg
    16 inches to personal Postmaster victory...
    IMG_0838.jpgIMG_0838.jpg

#145 11 years ago

It's safe to say the the Pinvitational is NOT good for my gastrointestinal tract ...

dude, every time we hang out you have "gas issues"

#146 11 years ago

GAH Sunday was perfect for a golf round. Next year it should be nice to golf

#147 11 years ago

That is another great reason to move this to August. Of course, the possibilities are that instead of 40 degree golf it will be 100. The good news is that Tony and Northvibe will probably play golf in their speedos so that should make for great photo ops.

#148 11 years ago

and yes, I am still groggy, too

A little of this T_G will "Do an ape's body good", after a heavy night of shenanigans...
    (That sounded a bit naughty, didn't it?)

Coconut_Water.jpgCoconut_Water.jpg

Tony's list sounds about right... However, I think I was hugged a bit more from "Mr. Size 14"...
    Next time, I'll pack the cattle prod.
    "BZZZZZZZT!"
    That- or my rape whistle...

Well, I was going to say skipping a year was all fine and dandy T_G but, the shirt clearly states "Annual" on it. It's good to hear you are up for another round so soon. August should work fine and maybe I can also unveil my line of summer shants. (Unless Tony and NV want plaid speedos instead...)

I guess I'd better start sketching now for shirt #2...

Thanks again for putting this on T_G.
    I already have my time off reserved!!!

#149 11 years ago

Awesome pics NP! I will give the coco H2O a try. I admit it is something I would have passed over if not for youse guys drinkin it!

#150 11 years ago

I'll put a stop to the Mr. 14 hugs. He tried to get everyone to sign his wrist band. Nimble didn't want his picture taken, but I managed to get a couple. Here they are, 1st one is him winning his Marco shirt, 2nd one is him doing his Gorilla immitation, 3rd is with my wife. sorry Nimble...

DSCN1698.JPGDSCN1698.JPG DSCN1712.JPGDSCN1712.JPG DSCN1713.JPGDSCN1713.JPG

There are 165 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinvataional-is-up-and-running-1/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.