(Topic ID: 178904)

The Pints and Pinball Podcast - Homebrew, Pinball, Arcade, Stuff

By knockerlover

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C37A53EB-8871-4F3C-9BA9-D9DB75750B84 (resized).jpeg
    #1 7 years ago

Well, we figured that that there just weren't enough pinball podcasts out there today and there just absolutely had to be one more. This one, has a little bit of a twist where we also talk about homebrew.

mavantix (aka Maverick) is a walking encyclopedia of homebrew, and has an unbelievable basement brewery! He also has been bitten by the pinball bug not too long ago.

knockerlover (Myself) am a full-on pinball addict, but I've taken more to the restoration, fixing, and technical side of things.. although I also like to work on my rules knowledge and flipper skills too!

Our approach to this podcast is.. well, to have fun.. and just talk about the normal stuff we would talk about.. only for you to hear.

"Pints and Pinball" live on the itunes store and available on soundcloud.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/pints-and-pinball/id1195353707?mt=2
    https://soundcloud.com/pintsandpinball

#2 7 years ago

That guy Maverick drinks and rambles a lot! Haha. Hope you guys enjoy the show! Let us know if there's any topics you want to hear about, beer, pinball, or whatever!

Cheers,
    Maverick

#3 7 years ago

Thanks for the heads up. Despite what people say, I CAN'T get enough pinball podcasts. So adding this one to the queue!

#4 7 years ago

looking forward to episode 3.

#5 7 years ago

Two of my favorite hobbies!

Just wish there were as many pins as there are breweries here in San Diego.

I listen to podcasts all the time. Thanks for this, I just subscribed.

#6 7 years ago

What I'd like to see is pins IN the breweries here! Maybe knockerlover and I can start that trend locally.

#7 7 years ago

Awesome. Bookmarking to check out

#8 7 years ago

Look forward to checking it out.

#9 7 years ago

Love the podcast guys! Keep it up! Great combination of beer talk and pinball!

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from MacJedi:

Love the podcast guys! Keep it up! Great combination of beer talk and pinball!

Agreed! Thanks for the knowledge and advice. Makes me want to swig and flip (and repeat), and tear my Maverick apart and go over all the details, but she's playing good at the moment and I don't want the down time. Is this why you need two? Great listenin. Thanks for this. More please?

Also, I've only played a pin in one brewery locally. Walking Dead at Thorn St. Not there anymore. It was a good drain monster and kicked the crap out of the newbie hipsters. We have brewpubs where there is an abundance of craft taps, good grub, an always changin chalkboard of the beers, and sometimes games and pinball.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from DiegoWally:

Agreed! Thanks for the knowledge and advice. Makes me want to swig and flip (and repeat), and tear my Maverick apart and go over all the details, but she's playing good at the moment and I don't want the down time. Is this why you need two? Great listenin. Thanks for this. More please?

Haha, once you get 2 pins, then you get 5, then more, at least that's my experience! It does help to have multiples if you are gonna take one down for work, but if it's playing good then keep it clean and waxed and keep playing it!

My Maverick was down for about 2 months while I did the top side teardown and bottom side tune up because I just worked on it casually when I had a few free hours, and it was the first one I had torn down that much so I labeled/bagged everything, took video and pictures, etc. I did all new rubbers, removed all playfield parts and plastics and cleaned everything including star posts, plastics, ramps, etc, replaced the plastic ramp with NOS, cleaned/waxed the PF, replaced all the drop targets including new springs, cleaned all drop target mechs, removed and cleaned all PF circuit boards, cleaned all mechanisms and new coil sleeves in every coil, rebuilt flippers, all new light bulbs... it turned out pretty nice and clean; plays great!

1 week later
    #12 7 years ago

So, one of the lessons learned recording the podcast so far is to probably not start recording after excessive pints and pinball. Mav and I got together last week and sampled a few different beers and played a few games.. I was drunk setting up the recording equipment, and my headphones were upstairs.. I made a rookie lazy drunken mistake and said.. ehhh fuck it dude, I dont need the headphones.. I went to edit today and while our post pints and pinball antics were pretty funny, the tracks are unlistenable because I had the gain up to high on both mics and they are clipping and crackling like crazy.

So, we may have to do an ad-hoc thing before league tonight at @burningman's house

#13 7 years ago

Damn rookies..... ... .......Joey

#14 7 years ago

You know, it was like 2am when we started recording wasn't it? I don't even remember that was a late pinball night... haha Oh well, bring headphones tonight then!

#15 7 years ago

bumpin for some more pints and pinball.....

1 week later
    #16 7 years ago

Episode 3 (take 2) is up now on soundcloud.. and as soon as apple does their nightly update it will be on the itunes store.. I think for the next episode I might actually write down some topics to talk about.. is that too formal?

This episode of drunken pinball stuff! back from magfest, bash machine down, prepping for st paddy's day homebrew competition, dc state finals, and other pro tips! and debauchery..haha. enjoy.

#17 7 years ago

Episode 4 we will talk in more detail about the STTNG project I'm currently doing.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-full-tilt-modding

#18 7 years ago

Oh, I JUST LOVE HOW THE INTRO IS UNEDITED. I mean, at least cut some of the whitespace ...

It's on iTunes already.

#19 7 years ago

lol, that was a mistake.. oops

9 months later
    #20 6 years ago

Few more episodes in the can to be posted soon!

#21 6 years ago

Woot woot!! I already got a txt from a dedicated listener today a new episode dropped!!

#22 6 years ago

Episode 4 is live!

https://soundcloud.com/pintsandpinball
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/pints-and-pinball/id1195353707

In a few episodes we're going to be playing a trivia game, send your beer questions to me to try and stump mavantix and send your pinball questions to mavantix to easily stump me. We will quiz each other on a future stream.

1 week later
    #23 6 years ago

Episode 5 is live! Submit your homebrew questions and Pinball questions to [email protected] to try and stump us in a sort of live trivia game.

2 years later
    #24 4 years ago

It's backkk.....

https://soundcloud.com/pintsandpinball/episode-6-new-crew

PnP is back with some new faces.

Knockerlover admits his beer fail...
    World Wide Exclusive reveal of the story behind The Big Lewbowski: Humpty Dumpty Edition
    The lore of the Mod Closet
    And round table on various pinball things since it's been so long..
    - stranger things premium reveal
    - 'deeproof' thoughts and view
    - manufacturer round up

Please give it a listen find out what happens when someone presses record without telling anyone else we're starting...

#25 4 years ago

I always enjoyed yalls podcast. Glad its back now that all the others are dropping like flies. I need content for my long commute to work!

2 weeks later
    #26 4 years ago

Just in time for your work week commute... another episode of Pints and Pinball!

We cover..
    Podcast retrospective
    VA State Final Trip Report
    Rick and Morty Stream Thoughts - CSI ENHANCE!
    Special Drink concoction
    Big Buck tears
    Just how rugged are cabinets? Story time
    Whose had what break recently?
    Guns n Roses social media intel
    TPF - plans, what will we see?
    Fan mail

https://soundcloud.com/pintsandpinball/episode-8

#27 4 years ago

Is there an episode 7?

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffc:

Is there an episode 7?

Oops.. oh well, we gotta make our numbers somehow..

#29 4 years ago

lol. it’s all good

#30 4 years ago

Episode 7 hit a house pulling into the garage...

5 months later
    #31 3 years ago

Just as we started to get into the swing of things.. the world went and pandemic’d itself.

Until we can get the crew back together for more podcast action, we are all taking to YouTube and Instagram.

We have posted a couple of videos and will be releasing more very soon. Check out our channel, subscribe and keep in touch!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6-v54bSghelOFvpd6Z10mg

@PintsandPinball on instagram

C37A53EB-8871-4F3C-9BA9-D9DB75750B84 (resized).jpegC37A53EB-8871-4F3C-9BA9-D9DB75750B84 (resized).jpeg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pints-and-pinball-podcast-homebrew-pinball-arcade-stuff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.