3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,192 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 373 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpg
    Taxman-bad_hair_day_(resized).jpg
    Randy_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    00e178b3bfc6e63946bd2d13e625c55f_(resized).jpg
    Boob_(resized).jpg
    DSC02411_(resized).JPG
    DSC02407_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from Arcadedl:

Let's try this in the right thread this time..
    Can't remember if I saw this or note...is ColorDMD providing an incentive to Pintastic folks this year?

Good question. Probably. Randy loves to do show advertisements / incentives. I'm sure he'll chime in (especially if someone sends him a pm). I'm on my phone now and lame.

1 month later
    #347 3 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

Any plans for a pinsider meetup?

Oh God I hope not.

#349 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't worry. You wouldn't be invited anyway.

Stop stalking me

#358 3 years ago

I permanent society eject has been issued.

#360 3 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Take it easy guys we will all be together at Pintastic. Let's keep this thread a happy place

We are happy when we are picking on each other. Its what we do -

I'm afraid when we finally meet it will be a let down. But we are looking forward to it

#376 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Last year beelzeboob volunteered to be the nude human sushi bar.....

Don't touch the shrimp

#392 3 years ago

I will only be there on Friday afternoon myself. I will be trying to hide from beelzeboob so I will be dressed as an overweight guy in a Hawaiian shirt. I should blend in with most of the crowd that way.

#442 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

This is only the second year. Where did YOU think you were in 2014?

We all got together but you were not invited

#455 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

With only 4 days left until Pintastic, I just want to wish my good friend Gabe lots of luck for a smoothly run and incredibly successful show. I know you put all your heart, soul, and love into this show over the past year, and I hope you're happy with everything by the time Sunday rolls around. As you know, I'm at your disposal if you need anything.
    Best of luck, brother...and I look forward to chatting with you on the other side of the show when you get your sanity back.

Quoted from yzfguy:

What a f#cking kiss ass....you just want a free shirt!

Funny, I saw his post seconds after he made it and I was going to say the kissing emoji should have him facing left. I decided to be nice for Gabe's sake.

#463 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Um...no. I want the one that says "1st"

Says the guy with IFPA ranking over 5,000

#466 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Nah. You're not a stalker.

Did you see that mirror?

#468 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

You go on my threads. I don't really visit yours. Too boring.
    (Psst! I'm gonna kick you in the nuts at Pintastic!)

Psst! I rarely start threads. You either "need help" or just want to start a "look at me" thread and I don't need to do that. I am pretty content helping people with pinball or in your case with psychiatric issues.

I'm looking forward to Pintastic. Up in New England we have fresh air and good people. I know you're not used to either. But if you spend enough time up here maybe, just maybe it will rub off.

Why do so many conversations with you end up in a guy's crotch?

#479 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Ay-yi-yi...here comes Tax's minions to his defense.

Tee hee, minions. Hey at least I had someone come to my defense - Tax = 1, Boob = 0

The Sanctum is usually about as far out as I go since I have gotten comfortable there. And that is probably where the tournament was James was talking about. Making it to Pintastic last year was big for me. After all these years in the hobby it was my first show.

#480 3 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

137 games registered for the Free Play area. Pretty impressive!!!
    Too bad there aren't "Pinside" name badges to be worn. Or maybe people want to be incognito.

There is a badge generator. Up top click on your icon to go to your profile page. Half way down where you set your initials you will find a badge generator on the right.

#535 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

En route to pic up Me Trudeau. See everyone soon. Rest of the crew is just about ready to leave The Sanctum with the truck.
    -Jim

Me Trudeau? Darn you tricked us. When you said Mr Trudeau was coming we thought it was John.

#538 3 years ago
    Quoted from dendoc:

The Australian invasion has arrived at Hartford airport. Beware-picking up the hire car now so if you see me, wife and 3 kids heading down the road on the wrong side, be nice and move aside.

No, Connecticut drivers have no mercy. Learn quick. Do not be in the left lane of a highway if you don't have an aggressive nature.

Then when you get to Massachusetts learn that those drivers need at least 2 miles of open road in front of them or they consider it tailgating.

And if anyone is driving a BWM or Audi do not expect blinkers (signals, directional or whatever you call them).

Good luck.

#545 3 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

Get a role of shrink wrap from home depot. And just wrap the heck out of them. I've traveled many hours in heavy rain got them home and unwrapped them to find they were completely dry.

Agreed. I used to shrink wrap then throw a tarp over it. That way you don't get the wind catching a section of shrink wrap just right.

But even in a major storm not a drop gets in.

#625 3 years ago

I left about 3:30 since there is only so much of "boob" I could handle. Every time I turned around he was there. Actually I'm just getting over being very sick so I was tired.

ForceFlow - Sorry I didn't meet you. When did those populated playfields appear outside? Damn, I went out earlier (before noon?) and there was nothing so I didn't check again. Damn.

Happy to play TBL, RX, AMH and GoT Premium for the first time. Played a couple of tickets in the Silverball Tournament. I was just to sick last week. Really bummed I could not take advantage of it more.

#626 3 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

Where is the Rob Zombie? I didn't see it.

RZ and AMH are at the Project Pinball Raffle Booth.

#632 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

You suck. I was trying to find you to high five you for the posters.

Sorry, I was really sick from allergies all week and lucky I made it at all.

The Beelzeboob posters I put around started disappearing so take a picture if any still exist. I know one in the free play room is gone and the "lost boy" version I had by Tournament room. When I put up the "Not Wanted" posted at the vendor exit Gabe was standing right there. I wonder if he knew it was me or what I was doing.

#633 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Early afternoon, I think it was.
    Sorry I missed you

Those are leaning against a Pinballs Truck. Did Mike from Automated Services bring them? I wonder if he cleaned out one of his older warehouses.

What kind of price were they getting? The High Speed in your picture has the red stamped "W" Williams pop caps. Lots of good stuff.

#639 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

I thought I posted this but I didn't see it show.
    I forgot to look in free play last night. Do we have foot stools for kids there? I'm bringing my 7yr old and was wondering if we have any stools there like at PWA in Pelham. I can bring mine and lug it around all day but would obviously like to avoid that if at all possible

I'll look for the picture but I remember Gabe posting a picture of a stack of Pintastic stools. Very kid friendly setup. A lot of happy kids there today and this is the slow day.

Edit: Post #336 in this thread - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pintastic-new-england-show-2016-thread/page/7#post-3216397

#732 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tubes:

Who are some of these people who don't respect proper pinball etiquette? How many times did you come upon an abandoned game with the ball waiting in the shooter lane, have to wait in line behind someone playing a 4-player game by themselves, or be waiting to play a high-demand machine only to have the person at the high-demand machine next to it immediately switch to the one for which you're waiting once it's abandoned (since apparently being at the machines puts one first in line)? No idea how to improve such things other than via magical powers of some sort. Didn't have any such problems at the Lebowski or Automated Services machines...do people just get sneaky in low lighting?
    Also, greatest pinball show ever. More crowded than last year. Was cool to see Steve Ritchie come down amongst the free-players and visit those playing his machines.

I thought it was much better this year. Once I found a game with a ball in the shooter lane in the free play area but none of the other issues. The RZ, TBL and GOT I arrived with a person playing that when they were done handed it over to me next. When I finished I would spin around and if someone was behind me I'd hand it over also.

#952 3 years ago
    Quoted from halflip87:

I work a lot of trade shows for my job and many of them feature some sort of "scavenger hunt" to encourage attendees to visit vendor booths and allow the vendors to generate more potential leads.
    Basically, all attendees receive a card listing the names of various vendors which they have to visit and get a signature/stamp from. Once their card is complete, they submit it to be entered into a raffle for a nice prize. I think this would increase traffic through the vendor hall and give incentives to both the attendees and vendors.
    -Doug

Agreed. We used to do this at LotusSphere to keep everyone moving around and finding the vendors in the product showcase. So here you would get a card with your wrist band.Fill out you name and contact info. Drop it in a container on the way out near the vendor doorway after getting all of the stamps.

I'm sure I walked by a couple of people I would have like to say hello to without knowing they were there. This gives an nice incentive to search everyone out.

#953 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Interesting idea. I'm not sure if vendors would like to be interrupted all day by people looking for stamps at their booth, though.

It usually can be unobtrusive. A stamp pad with either a different color ink or shape (star, circle, square). They will get used to people walking by holding the card looking to get stamped. It gives them the opportunity to ask questions of the vendor or the vendor to say "hey, we make this great product...". It breaks the ice where some people are nervous to ask questions. t does not have to be every vendor. But usually 6 to 9 of the top supporters since it make more traffic to them and more is good.

#994 3 years ago

What ever happened to the blanket party for Beelzeboob?

#997 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

You left early! I never even got to meet ya

I was afraid. He is kind of a mutant you know.

#1091 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

That guy in the blue Hawaiian shirt looks like a stalker. I wouldn't sell him a ticket next year.
    You're just asking for trouble.

At least picture 3 shows I did buy a ticket and not sneak in the back door like you did. And picture 5 show I played in the tournament. What did you do besides hide in the men's room stall and tap your foot?

#1093 3 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

He didn't sneek he is VIP! Lol

I'm not sure if you realize you were tricked. Zoom in on the badge. This joker didn't even spell beelzeboob right.

Boob_(resized).jpg

#1119 3 years ago
    Quoted from jadziedzic:

I believe the color-changing LEDs I used in the clock and door knob inserts were originally sold by Pinball Life, but it doesn't appear they sell an equivalent product at this time. You might try the CoinTaker variety (http://cointaker.com/products/ct-color-changer); I don't know if the "fast" version matches the speed of the ones I used on my TZ.

I had bought those Pinball life color changers many years ago for my LOTR Palantir. I was so happy I bought a couple of extras in #555 wedge and #47 bayonet. I'm so glad I did because last year I noticed they did not sell them anymore.

#1121 3 years ago

No, just a hoarder

1 week later
    #1173 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I'm already working on taxman posters!

Randy_(resized).jpg

#1179 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Again, because I actually respect others' right to privacy, I will NOT publish pictures of Taxman here, although that would have been the sensible, retaliatory thing to do.

Here, I'll do it for you -

Taxman-bad_hair_day_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 229.99
    $ 7,399.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 6,450.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 289.00
    $ 199.99
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 50.00
    Lighting - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 15.00
    $ 87.00
    $ 100.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Special When Lit
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside