Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,192 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
    Taxman-bad_hair_day_(resized).jpg
    Randy_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    00e178b3bfc6e63946bd2d13e625c55f_(resized).jpg
    Boob_(resized).jpg
    DSC02411_(resized).JPG
    DSC02407_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rcbrown316.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#244 7 years ago
    Quoted from Crispin:

I guess I have that effect on others...

F him. I'll be there crispy!

#245 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

This should wake up the general public. It just got real! Two of these went up today.

thats awesome man. I am glad we will be coming this year. I will buy you another shot of tequila

#247 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

No. F YOU. And I'll thank you to henceforth refer to me as Captain Romance. And you're welcome.

I will admit it surprised me when you.... Thanks for the lovely time. I owe you "one" Captain.

#255 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

FINANCE A PINBALL MACHINE AT PINTASTIC!
    Its never been done before and now it is a reality. One of our biggest sponsors Webster First F.C.U will be on site financing your pinball machine purchases direct from vendors.

pretty cool man. love your approach to your show. impressive...

#256 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't get too excited. It's an underwhelming experience, to say the least.

don't make me post those pictures...

#258 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Trying to make it !!!
    Wife too, Maybe the dog and a Florida gator for the lake.

art let me know if you are going i'd like to meet you. in the meantime here's some of my latest work that contains a good variety of your product. feel free to use any of these images to help you sell more stuff on your site.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/good-move-human-centaur-restoration

RB

#261 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Amazing Work! Will you be bringing this to Pintastic?
    (Sorry, now that I see my quote rendered much earlier than the gator event here)

i was considering it but I don't want all the disrespectful monkeys slobbering all over it and beating the crap out of it. I was pretty amazed at the way some of these people treated other peoples machines. way too much work into this one

#263 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

We can put the boob standing guard to make sure no one abuses your machine.

tough call. do I want it beat up or do I want it to smell like ass?

#278 7 years ago

is anyone selling stuff on this thread? I am trying to gauge interest on a working project:centaur. and ... no it's not the one I just finished

#280 7 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

It was mentioned that it is "frowned upon"....which is stupid if your: looking for parts, selling parts, selling projects... but, whatever....

well someone must know how to connect the frowned upon with the grinned upon cuz there's plenty of people looking to buy and sell. Gabe what do you say? Connect the dots for me please.

#283 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Force flow has started a thread. In a perfect world we would want all the games to be put in free play. We are offering huge incentives to do so. But I understand that Pintastic is a meeting point and games change hands before the show.
    If you sell a game before the show please consider still putting it in free play for the weekend. Remember with out a good selection of games the show can not exist and flourish. Thanks everyone! Gabe

I would consider bringing it for freeplay but it would need to be sold first because I only have room for 1 on the moped. its also got the original mpu which has no freeplay setting. I think i could set the free game limits low so it just gives credit as soon as you hit 10k or something. I'll have to monkey with it.

#322 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Project Pinball will be back for Pintastic 2016!
    We loved working with Dan last year and putting a beautiful WOZ into Mass General. Project Pinball will be back at the show this year spreading the love. They will be drawing a raffle winner for one of these raffles https://go.rallyup.com/9fad63 so go So lets show them we love Project Pinball and buy a ticket. Also please go here http://www.gofundme.com/projectpinball and donate to the "love across America tour." Project pinball is an amazing charity group and we are proud to have them represented at the show.

when you go to the link it says the drawing is december 31st. not sure where it's located but I didnt really look to hard either

1 week later
    #459 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

With only 4 days left until Pintastic, I just want to wish my good friend Gabe lots of luck for a smoothly run and incredibly successful show. I know you put all your heart, soul, and love into this show over the past year, and I hope you're happy with everything by the time Sunday rolls around. As you know, I'm at your disposal if you need anything.
    Best of luck, brother...and I look forward to chatting with you on the other side of the show when you get your sanity back.

musta had a death in the family. i'm gettin' all misty 'n shit...

misty_(resized).jpgmisty_(resized).jpg

1 week later
    #745 7 years ago

This was our fourth show. We really only had two complaints and they were not even about the show. Our room was very musty smelling and the bar was missing a bartender 2 of the 3 times we tried to get a drink. That's it. Some things I noticed that really made it awesome:

1. incredibly well organized with tons of different stuff to do/buy. Gabes attention to every detail was outstanding
    2. having it at the hotel was fantastic for many reasons
    3. having free play open til 2am? insane!!!!
    4. the percentage of games that were set up fast with strong flippers and operational was huge compared to what we have seen. we got to play WAY more games even though there weren't nearly as many as other shows. Overall the quality of the games was superior
    5. the omelette I had was the best ever
    6. beelzeboob introduced me to a bunch more people. Thanks Randy!
    7. met trudeau and ritchie. awesome!
    8. courteous staff at the hotel
    9. teddy g's was really good
    10. it did not feel congested with regards to getting to playing all the different games
    11. the location was super easy to get to even though we are 5.5 hours away
    12. after party food was fantastic

the only regret i had was that we came home empty handed. i somewhat attribute that to the stringent policy on taking free play games out early but I totally respect the need to have that. next year I will try to stay the extra day as we had to leave sat am.

#765 7 years ago
    Quoted from mainelycoasters:

Hmmm That could be interesting if we can have a few others in that category as well.

i've got a couple of those.

#858 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

The hotel has another 100 rooms available on Friday night. I just did not block them off because I don't know how to keep people from booking els were. Hotel selling out is not the issue.

right. we had a problem with the air and bedding arrangement in our first room and moved us immediately. space was not an issue

#859 7 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Show is great. Hotel rooms were definitely the downside of the weekend. I thought the bed was ok but the room smell bothered me. Really just slept there and showered. But unless there are renovations made I'll stay elsewhere when I come to the show.
    There has to be some buying power in a group like ours. I stayed Thursday Friday and Saturday. My hotel bill was almost $350. I don't mind spending on quality, but honestly, that was a $50 - $75 a night hotel at best.

they should fill that pool in. that would likley reduce or eliminate the mold/must problem. it would also be an awesome place to set up a bunch of pins

#974 7 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You still have the lake across the street. Eliminate the pool might not help.
    LTG : )

did you look up at the ceiling in the pool area? Indoor pools are always problematic especially with nice absorbent amenities.

#976 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Come on man it's a freash water lake.

I beleive the correct spelling is... phresh

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rcbrown316.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pintastic-new-england-show-2016-thread?tu=rcbrown316 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.