Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,192 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
    Taxman-bad_hair_day_(resized).jpg
    Randy_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    00e178b3bfc6e63946bd2d13e625c55f_(resized).jpg
    Boob_(resized).jpg
    DSC02411_(resized).JPG
    DSC02407_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrgregb123.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

1 month later
    #741 7 years ago

Had a great time at the show. When I got there I ended up playing Hobbit my first game - first time I ever played it and put up 2,700,000. I'm so sorry to all the people who waited behind me for the 40 mins it took to do that. I didn't know any of the rules to the game, but I apparently beat the dragon and cleaned its clock. Is The Hobbit as easy as it seemed or was that just a stroke of luck?

...I agree though that it isn't nearly as "fun" as WoZ.

Everyone was very courteous, letting the next person in line go. The only people who I noticed ignoring this were people who clearly were here for the first time and kids.

My one suggestion to Gabe and crew might be to have a number players can text to notify staff of issues with a game. There really was no posted procedure for this and sometimes the issue doesn't make the game unplayable, but could be just as important. One game, I forget which, had a ball coated in some sort of white powder stuff. Upon closer inspection, the whole bottom of the pf was covered in it and it must have come from something - I would have loved to let the owner of the machine know but no clue how to do that. Perhaps tape a card to each free play game that says "Problems with this game? Text xxx-xxx-xxxx with "Game # xxx" and the problem". Some games like Bansai got progressively worse and it would have been cool to let the owner know it was on the way out before it died.

Gabe's games were all awesome as usual - strong flippers, excellent condition, and great titles. I was so impressed with the quality of the EM games. Just amazing NIB quality on so many of them.

My other suggestion (not that this was a big issue) would be to increase the early exit fee for free play games to $100. I had a buddy who sold his and said the fee was definitely not a deterrent and should have been higher and he might have kept it there. FWIW.

Thanks again for an awesome show, Gabe and crew. Can't wait until next year.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrgregb123.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pintastic-new-england-show-2016-thread?tu=mrgregb123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.