Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,192 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
    Taxman-bad_hair_day_(resized).jpg
    Randy_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    00e178b3bfc6e63946bd2d13e625c55f_(resized).jpg
    Boob_(resized).jpg
    DSC02411_(resized).JPG
    DSC02407_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mainelycoasters.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 7 years ago

Just added 2 more of my games to your list.

#56 7 years ago

I will be around to help with set up of games in free play section. So don't worry If you need a hand with set up we will have people there who can!! Packing extra mt dew for the event!

1 week later
    #118 7 years ago

Hmm may have to change game around.... I now see 3 taxi games going.....What to bring what to bring.....Such a hard one to think about....

#124 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

If you need to change a game just register the new game and make a note of the game you are with drawing from the list. Thanks buddy!

I know how its the great debate of what to bring with me.

#129 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Simple solution bring everything. Lol

LOL I can not bring all 30 games I own lol... some are not home...

1 week later
    #211 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

I know what you meant lol. We at Pintastic discourage a WTB tread. I update the free play list with in 24 hours of someone registering a game for free play. That way potential buyers know what will be at the show. Some will be for sale but most are brought by collectors to support the show. Of course everything has its price. Thank you for your support.

I know most of what I am bringing with me is to share with all of you folks. I am sure I will get asked about Ripleys and BOP2.0 but they are coming home with me. right now I have Power Play bobby orr, Apollo 13, Taxi, and Lights Camera Action as coming with me. All games that I enjoy alot. I am thinking about something different for Taxi, but I only want to bring something in good working order not currently for sale by Stern or Jack since I know those will be at the show in vendor hall.

2 weeks later
    #405 7 years ago

Will be there bright an early thrusday am....Bring me your games lol....So I can get it all set up neat and organized that is.

#429 7 years ago

ok trailer size question how many pins fit in a
    5' by 10'
    6' by 12'

#436 7 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

5 by 10 will fit 6 and a 6 by 12 will fit 10, but weighs 2300 pounds without games. With games about 5300.

Thank you for the heads up....Escalide esv fits one...lol.

#438 7 years ago
    Quoted from gstellenberg:

Yes - we are in preproduction! The P3 is built very differently than your grandmother's pinball machine, and rushing the process would be a recipe for disaster. We're well into the process, but we don't have fully assembled sample machines yet, only some of our major sub-assemblies. Please look for a public update in the next couple of weeks, come to my seminar at Pintastic, and feel free to ask any questions you have in person at Pintastic or over email.
    Looking forward to seeing you there!
    - Gerry
    http://www.multimorphic.com

I enjoyed playing what you had last year....looking forward to seeing the progress and the other games on the platform.

#492 7 years ago

Heck I am helping a RI game get to the show...that is right I drove it to my house and it is loaded for the show.....lol

#506 7 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

Just finished the Funhouse from Allentown. That will now be in the Free Play area. BTW, it's not "roached" anymore
    Also bringing
    Batman Forever
    Banzai Run
    Striker Extreme
    Teed Off

The Bride of Pinbot 2.0 and Ripleys you did for me will also be at the show.

#510 7 years ago

polk external subs sound great under many modern sterns!

#675 7 years ago

Still availible taxi 1700
    Lca 1800 obo
    And simpsons.....intrested in trade offers too....

20160709_115658.jpg20160709_115658.jpg

20160709_115711.jpg20160709_115711.jpg

20160709_115728.jpg20160709_115728.jpg

#757 7 years ago
    Quoted from rcbrown316:

This was our fourth show. We really only had two complaints and they were not even about the show. Our room was very musty smelling and the bar was missing a bartender 2 of the 3 times we tried to get a drink. That's it. Some things I noticed that really made it awesome:
    1. incredibly well organized with tons of different stuff to do/buy. Gabes attention to every detail was outstanding
    2. having it at the hotel was fantastic for many reasons
    3. having free play open til 2am? insane!!!!
    4. the percentage of games that were set up fast with strong flippers and operational was huge compared to what we have seen. we got to play WAY more games even though there weren't nearly as many as other shows. Overall the quality of the games was superior
    5. the omelette I had was the best ever
    6. beelzeboob introduced me to a bunch more people. Thanks Randy!
    7. met trudeau and ritchie. awesome!
    8. courteous staff at the hotel
    9. teddy g's was really good
    10. it did not feel congested with regards to getting to playing all the different games
    11. the location was super easy to get to even though we are 5.5 hours away
    12. after party food was fantastic
    the only regret i had was that we came home empty handed. i somewhat attribute that to the stringent policy on taking free play games out early but I totally respect the need to have that. next year I will try to stay the extra day as we had to leave sat am.

I like to set my games to play fast and be challanging...most of you all know how to play well no point to make it easy!

#758 7 years ago

I want to thank a few people, First of Gabe Amazing job getting all of us orginzed and getting a good location to do this. All the volunteers who worked the show thank you. You make it possible to even do. To everyone who brought a game to share in the free-play room. You guys rock. With out the games there would be no point! Found some great examples of many titles and eras in pinball. I think just about every type of machine, era, and maker was represented. Played a few rare and hard to find ones too. Thank you to the vendors who come to the show. I know its a lot to pack and move to the show and I thank you so much....

I had a great time, left with a couple new Pins for my game room. All in all a great weekend and I am recooked to return next year!

1 Question for the Judges, since I hope to bling out BOP2.0, What era does that count as now?????

#763 7 years ago
    Quoted from DRDAVE:

I'll bring this up with my judging staff but my first thought is that it would be under a new category we could add for next year:
    Best Custom.
    And if not a new category then it would fall under the Best Modern category.

Hmmm That could be interesting if we can have a few others in that category as well.

#792 7 years ago
    Quoted from msjussaume:

Pintastic was Fantastic!
    I brought 8 machines and all of them held up great. Only 3 repairs.... 1 broken wire on T2 flipper coil, a loosened Flipper bat on Taxi (I just rebuilt them 2 days before show) and the right sling on Cyclone started gunning so I re-gapped the switches (rubber was probably a little too tight). I felt good about that, as the games were played non stop.
    Sorry, I know Jokerz was LOUD but the volume control was touchy.
    I did put a price on all of them and didn't really care if I sold them or not, but ended up selling 7 of them (I'm glad I did now because I bought Ivan's Kiss). All the buyers were cool and left the machines for the show's duration.
    Thanks to the whole team! Looking forward to next year already.
    Mark

I got a last minute dont load that Johnny deal!

#810 7 years ago

All my games made it till saturday night....Bop 2.0 broke about 11pm blew a pop bumper to pieces....I hope most of you got to play her before I got it down to free play. RBION had a ton of plays so did LCA, and Taxi. Simpsons did not make the return trip....But Johnny and Metallica got added to the collection. Thank you for the kid words James, seams your always willing to lend a hand too. Glad we go you a poster to have signed....I was on a mission to not have BOP2.0 down for long or with out her BG and on....as well as keep control over freeplay. Everyone pitched in to help me and gave me a chance to play and shop.

#896 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

I noticed that quite often, the person *was* there, but did not yell out anything or raise his/her hand, and just quietly walked out from way back in the crowd. We'd be more willing to cut that person some slack if they yelled "I got it" as soon as they realized they had a matching number. It's one of those irrational aspects of human nature. I have a couple ideas that will help.
    .................David Marston

What if I won and was stuck at freeplay room or something....

#981 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

So happy to see my buddy Taxman came in in the bottom 40. That's what he gets for making fun of my IFPA ranking.

Hey easy on us bottom 40 guys....I did only play one card through due to time.....

#989 7 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

hartford.craigslist.org link
    Looks like my showtime that sold at the show is already looking for its next home. Lol

Your checkpoint project may or may not....Still deciding what to do with it but at the price you gave me its win win no matter what I do.

#992 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

» YouTube video
    I look tired but not as bad as last year lol. Lots of great interviews and videos on YouTube search "Pintastic 2016"
    I would like to thank my amazing volunteer staff you know who you are, for making Pintastic 2016 such an awesome event. With out the help of my staff this show would not have run so smooth. I am so happy I put people in charge of key parts of the show, I actually was able to enjoy myself this year! I love pinball and always wanted to share my love with others. Seeing all the kids at the show really made me smile. I knew it was worth all the hard work I put into creating Pintastic. The hotel is booked and planning for 2017 is well under way. You will be seeing some changes and some things will stay the same. I am no were near done with what this show will become remember this is only year 2. Lots of cool things coming up and of course more pinball! Thank you everyone for coming to Pintastic 2016. Gabe

Think we need to do a staff party somewhere....even if it is just a meet up and eat Pizza kinda thing.

#1101 7 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

To everyone reading this thread:
    First off, I mean this in the nicest way possible, but many of you locals (100 miles or less) need to step up your game to keep this show afloat. Here is what I mean:
    I brought 12
    Gabe brought 9
    Mark Brought 9
    Ed Brought 8
    Dave brought 5
    Thats 43 games brought by 5 people. If the 5 of us didn't bring any, there would have been a LARGE hole in that FP room. For years many of you complained about the distance to A-town. Gabe has done a huge service to this community getting a show going in New England. I personally have loved it, as many of you have.
    Now, I am not asking for everyone to bring 12 games. Im not even asking for everyone to bring 3 games, but almost everyone in this thread has a vehicle that can haul 1 game. Most probably have the ability to haul 2. I ask that everyone reading this just bring ONE game to the show. 140 people have contributed to this thread. If everyone just brought one, thats 140 games right there. If half the participants of this thread could bring 2 thats 210 games.
    Worried about people beating on your games?
    Security was on top of it. I did not see any egregious behavior at any point in the show. (One guy smacked a lockdown bar one time, and was reminded that wasn't his machine, he profusely apologized.)
    Worried about games breaking down?
    Aardvark, super knowledgeable, super reasonable, and always helpful.
    Think your games are too nice to bring for free play?
    Fair enough, only you can judge that, but go grab a beater game off of craigslist, have fun fixing it up, get it playing well and try and sell it at the show. You have a year, plenty of time to find a good deal and get it looking great for the show.
    Lets make this the best show in the country.

I was worried about some of this coming in to the show...mostly the break down issue....I brought 5 and bought Metallica pre show to make my 6 at show pins. After seeing what gabe brought and others last year, If they can do it so can I. I tried to bring pins not on the list. I am already planning on bringing 6 again. I don't bring my new sterns because I figured Automated would and I wanted people to play his games and talk with him if they liked them. I did bring BOP2.0 and LCA mostly because they are not common to find and play. Ripley is old enough I knew Automated does not have them for sale. I may bring my TFLE next year not sure. I have to get starscream to stop being dumb first.

I agree if we can get even 40 people to commit to 2 games, just 2 games that is 80 games for freeplay alone. Then add the big guys who bring 5 to say umm 12 and you end up with a ton of them!

#1102 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Although a good idea this would cost way to much money. I have so much going on the week before the show I would have no time to go around collecting peoples games.

Might not be able to do that but If any Maine people are willing to send a game or 2 I would be willing to work with them on transport and set up and break down. I am more then ok to drive a big fricken uhaul full down. I know I will have help at the show If I am loaded with a bunch of games. So many hands are willing to help, just ask them. if anyone from Maine or even some parts along the way want to work with me on it I am game!

#1107 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

I'm in for that. Three games. I'm in Old Town, 10 minutes north of Bangor.

I am sure we can make that work.

#1128 7 years ago
    Quoted from Daniml:

I should be so lucky! Whenever I get a new game not only do I need to remove the door I have to remove the entire door jamb then rebuild it!

I would do it in a more permanent way....any way to put in a larger door?

#1178 7 years ago

Not bad if I had something to hold down a table with for sales.....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mainelycoasters.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pintastic-new-england-show-2016-thread?tu=mainelycoasters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.