Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,192 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
    Taxman-bad_hair_day_(resized).jpg
    Randy_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    00e178b3bfc6e63946bd2d13e625c55f_(resized).jpg
    Boob_(resized).jpg
    DSC02411_(resized).JPG
    DSC02407_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knoler.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#164 7 years ago

Just wanted to chime in and mention that I called the hotel today after seeing Crispin's post and Kathryn was very helpful. She booked me a room for Thursday, and took my name and number in case any rooms for Friday opened up. By this afternoon she had called me back and told me a room for Friday had become available. Nice to see such good service!

Really looking forward to the show, which will be the first one I'm attending! Can't wait!

4 weeks later
    #495 7 years ago
    Quoted from DarkTruth:

I intended to bring my space shuttle for all to enjoy but I've run into an issue. I received my power supply back last night after being recapped. Machine worked perfectly before but now the board is showing a 7.
    I basically work right up to departure and my tech skills are slow and require lots of research and trial and error I just don't have time to work on it.
    If any body thinks this is an easy fix and is willing to help, I'll gladly bring it. I'd really like to contribute to this show and bring it.

You can probably get it fixed at the show. I recently had my EBD power module repaired by Allen and Dave from Aardvark Pinball, the same gentlemen who will be at the show doing repairs. They did a great job!

#527 7 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Get ready, because it's the first day of Pintastic!!!

Amen! Been looking forward to this for months!

#738 7 years ago
    Quoted from mudflap:

We will have more signage next year to help with this issue. We do encourage children to play, some of them don't quite understand how to properly start a game. This can lead to adding players and abandoning games that don't seem to end.
    It's also possible that some folks had a few beers and we're playing with their imaginary friends.

There were a couple of games on unusual settings, too. I played an F14 that was set to 5 balls; I could easily see how someone might walk away after ball 3.

I had a wonderful time at my first pinball show! Gabe and the folks running the show did a great job. Thanks to Dave at Aardvark for doing some work on a machine for me, all the folks who brought free play machines, and the Sanctum crew who brought a bunch of great games.

Can't wait for next year!

#830 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

The super 8 was remodeled a few years ago that is why it is nicer. I think the host will be doing some remodeling now that they sold off their partner hotel that was dragging them down. We want everyone to be happy but the reality is rooms booked equals money for the show which I put back into the show for speakers, entertainment and after party.

I loved nearly everything about the show, but my room itself, and the hotel staff, was definitely a low point.

On Friday, the housekeeping staff actually left my room propped open all day. I came back to my room at 2am after a day of pinball to find my room unlocked and open to anyone. It was really unsettling! Thankfully nothing was taken...

Additionally, I got an electric shock from my phone when I pluggged it in to charge in the outlet in the nightstand, lol...

Hotel staff was apologetic about both occurences, but no discounts or refunds on my room were offered. I've never had anything like this happen at any hotel before, anywhere in the world!

Anyhow, I loved the show and can't wait for next year, but would much prefer to not be compelled to stay at the host hotel again.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knoler.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pintastic-new-england-show-2016-thread?tu=knoler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.