Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,192 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
    Taxman-bad_hair_day_(resized).jpg
    Randy_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    00e178b3bfc6e63946bd2d13e625c55f_(resized).jpg
    Boob_(resized).jpg
    DSC02411_(resized).JPG
    DSC02407_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jadziedzic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#179 7 years ago

I'm looking for volunteers to help with keeping the free play games running during the course of the show. Basic or advanced pinball repair skills would be very helpful.

If you're interested please contact me; let me know your skill level and areas of expertise, as well as any days & times you will be available.

We need more volunteers to ensure everyone on the repair team will also get a chance to enjoy the show; we only have a few folks on the team at present.

Thanks,
    Tony Dziedzic
    Pintastic free play repair team

#236 7 years ago

Holy crap, Gabe, now we *really* need more free play area repair volunteers!!!

(HUGE HINT)

1 week later
    #333 7 years ago

I'd like to see Boob on a rotisserie ...

#335 7 years ago

You don't seem to need much help in that department

1 week later
    #464 7 years ago

Games for free play room (CFTBL, RFM, TAF, TZ) ready for load-out ... and my back is ready for a chiropractor. Glad I have an Escalera for the trip up from the basement to the garage.

Gabe, maybe next year throw in a coupon for a free massage if someone brings four or more games

Pinside_Games_(resized).jpgPinside_Games_(resized).jpg

#755 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

What sort of play counts did everyone get?
    Play counts for my game (dynomite) :
    Thur: 35
    Fri: 144
    Sat: 220
    Total: 399 plays for the show, without a single problem.

763 total plays on my Twilight Zone Thursday through Saturday. It was down for a few minutes to re-lube the rocket kicker pivot and clear up a ball hang under the mini-playfield. I didn't get counts from Addams Family or Revenge from Mars, but they seemed to be just as busy as TZ. I think I cleared a ball hang on TAF on Saturday; RFM was trouble-free the entire show.

There's probably an official game count for my Creature in the tournament room...

Tony

#820 7 years ago
    Quoted from kvolak:

For the record about 150 games on RFM are all me. Thank you for bringing it, it's my absolute favorite.

Glad you enjoyed the RFM. I was hesitant about bringing it because it's so difficult to transport, but seeing the amount of play time it received made me glad I did.

RFM has a New Old Stock Wells-Gardner Pinball 2000 monitor in it, with less than 100 hours of use. The black levels of a brand-new CRT are incredible. Time to install the NOS playfield I recently purchased...

#829 7 years ago

I would suggest finding out *what* upgrades *will* be made before committing to the same hotel. I can overlook musty smells, etc., but I absolutely cannot sleep on a mattress that feels like it was used by a tribe of gorillas as a trampoline.

#889 7 years ago

We were very fortunate to have had a great turnout of volunteers for the free play repair team - and nearly all of those who signed up, showed up, and put in serious hours. These folks deserve a big "THANK YOU!" for giving up time they could have spent enjoying the show to help keep games running:

Erin & Mark S.
    Gary D.
    Brian H.
    Mark J.
    Brian McC.
    John M.
    Kevin P.
    Paul P.
    Eric B.

The "above and beyond the call of duty award" has to go to Brian McCauley. Brian managed to hand-fabricate an outhole kicker link for one of the vendor-area "boutique" games from a Gottlieb bakelite flipper link, getting the single copy of that game operational for the entire show. McGuyver would have been proud!

And special thanks to my old friend Allan Davidson from Aardvark Pinball for being a source of all those odd parts I forgot to include in my spares kit...

#1014 7 years ago
    Quoted from FunkyFreshWalrus:

I had an idea for repair tickets on games. What if each game's card had a scan-able QR code. Then anyone could scan the code with a phone, be brought to a simple page where they can describe the issue. That would trigger an email or text message to the games owner informing them of the issue. This would also generate a list of games with issues that could be displayed where the whiteboard was this year.
    I'd be happy to volunteer to build it for you.

I like the QR code idea (a lot). Please bear in mind a good percentage of the show attendees are probably "older" (guilty as charged), and might have difficulty seeing a Web page on a cell phone - especially in low-light situations (evening hours in the free play room) - unless the page was REALLY stripped down. Also, what's the probability that everyone will have a QR code reader installed on their phone? Perhaps providing a mechanism that allows sending a plain text message (that makes it to the Web server) would be a good fall-back.

With any approach, the big drawback with sending info to the game owner is it prevents the on-site techs from being able to quickly perform a first level triage and fix simple problems without needing to even involve the owner (assuming, of course, that they left us a key to the game). During the show we cleared a good number of issues with no involvement of the owner, or in some cases after a consultation with the owner. It was my experience that in some cases the owners were not at the show during all of the hours the free play room was open - or they might be at a seminar, etc. - which leads to longer delays in getting games repaired.

On the repair tech side it would be great to be able to access those trouble reports via a Web browser, with perhaps a more complex interface that allows us to track status of reports (e.g., pending, in-progress, awaiting owner call-back). I can see having a laptop set up at the "repair admin table" in the free play room...

#1015 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

We are thinking of adding a free play section down the middle of the vendor hall were the single row of booths was this year (were tilt graphics was)

The more free play games you have in the vendor hall the harder it will be to carry on simple conversations with the vendors - the noise level will be too great to permit that interaction.

#1112 7 years ago
    Quoted from ejacques:

Yes, it's a ton of work to keep them running at a show.

Ed, I'd disagree with that statement based on my own experience as head of the repair crew: the vast majority of games seemed to hold up just fine over the 40+ hours of the show. There were a few "stinkers" that were essentially inoperable for most of the show, but perhaps those should not have been set up in the free play area in the first place.

If you have a game that's in good operating condition by all means consider bringing it to the show; chances are good it will do just fine, and if not, there are lots of knowledgeable folks on hand to get it back in running condition.

#1118 7 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

Does anybody know who owned the TZ in the FP area? It had some great color changing leds in the clock and door. I would love to know what they were.

I believe the color-changing LEDs I used in the clock and door knob inserts were originally sold by Pinball Life, but it doesn't appear they sell an equivalent product at this time. You might try the CoinTaker variety (http://cointaker.com/products/ct-color-changer); I don't know if the "fast" version matches the speed of the ones I used on my TZ.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jadziedzic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pintastic-new-england-show-2016-thread?tu=jadziedzic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.