3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,192 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 373 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpg
    Taxman-bad_hair_day_(resized).jpg
    Randy_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    00e178b3bfc6e63946bd2d13e625c55f_(resized).jpg
    Boob_(resized).jpg
    DSC02411_(resized).JPG
    DSC02407_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider halflip87.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#561 3 years ago

Does anybody know if the 1-hour early access for Super Pass holders applies just to the vendor hall or the Free Play area? For example, could I show up at 8AM Friday (one hour before the free play room opens to the public)? Or do I just get early access to the vendor hall?

Can't wait!

Thanks!
    -Doug

#770 3 years ago

Another amazing show from Gabe and crew! My buddy and I bought the "Super Pass" and showed up on Saturday morning to get our game on.

There were a lot of titles in the Free Play room this year that weren't represented last year, so that was definitely a treat. "Lights, Camera, Action", the woodrails and all the EMs were especially neat. There was also a gorgeous "Taxi" which I was very tempted to buy but wasn't quite ready to pull the trigger on. the96stang had some great games at very reasonable prices; the LED'ed Chicago Coin Showtime for $300 was almost too good to pass up. I can't even imagine the amount of work that goes into packing up and hauling all these games around, so a massive THANKS to everybody involved in contributing to the free play area. Just about everybody was courteous in taking their turns on the games, though people walking away from incomplete games could get annoying. I think a lot of it are kids who walk up to the games, press Start over and over and aren't really sure what's happening. I observed one poor soul forced to plunge through an incomplete newly started 6-Player Batman Forever game...

Seminars were great, as always. I attended the tech tips seminar, John Trudeau, Steve Richie and Jersey Jack seminars also. During the Jersey Jack seminar there was an impromptu free pizza party which was a great way to end the night. Earlier in the day Steve randomly stopped me outside the Men's room to talk pinball, it was equally surprising and hilarious.

Vendor hall was awesome. Getting to play Big Lebowski and BOP 2.0 was really cool and they both played great! Allan Davidson's Defender looked like it just came out of the factory; beautiful. I tried finding playfield glass and a Space Shuttle manual/schematics but had no luck.

The auction room was a great idea to get more games at the show and make for an exciting event. There were a few poorly done Multicades and some of the games either weren't on, weren't working or not on free play. Regardless, it was fun to see the auction and how much each item went for. I'm surprised how little demand there is for Megatouches now. They're still great for home game rooms...

To echo everybody else's sentiments; BT Smokehouse is fantastic. I didn't realize the 2-meat platter would be so filling. Definitely check it out if you're in the area.

I didn't meet many pinsiders because it's very difficult to put a face to a user name. The only reason I knew who certain people were was through deduction. I think it would be great to have an organized Pinside meetup next year to make it easier for those who are new to the site and pinball hobby to get involved in the Pinside community.

Again, a huge THANK YOU to everybody involved in planning and executing Pintastic 2016. It was an amazing experience and I can't wait to do it again next year!

-Doug

#937 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

All the different tickets was a little confusing. Perhaps a poster explaining what each one was for might have helped.

I think there was some confusion with the raffle tickets; my buddy and I got SuperPasses and weren't given door prize tickets at the counter and we weren't sure if we were supposed to get them anyway...

-Doug

#950 3 years ago

I work a lot of trade shows for my job and many of them feature some sort of "scavenger hunt" to encourage attendees to visit vendor booths and allow the vendors to generate more potential leads.

Basically, all attendees receive a card listing the names of various vendors which they have to visit and get a signature/stamp from. Once their card is complete, they submit it to be entered into a raffle for a nice prize. I think this would increase traffic through the vendor hall and give incentives to both the attendees and vendors.

-Doug

#960 3 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

This is in the planning stage for next year. I was thinking a game card with the lay out of the vendor hall. One stamp for every $20 you spend at a vendor. Get 5 to 10 stamps and trade the card in for 20 raffle tickets. Thoughts?

I think mandating purchases for stamps won't be enough incentive for people to visit booths they normally wouldn't visit. I'd have the scavenger hunt be its own separate, free thing. Maybe you could offer extra raffle tickets for every $XX spent at the vendors. Possibly have the vendors themselves hand out them out?

-Doug

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 24.25
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 12,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Whitewater pinball mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 85.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Deadpool Premium Out of stock
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 35.00
    $ 12.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 1,099.00
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 23.25
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider halflip87.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside