3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,192 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 373 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpg
    Taxman-bad_hair_day_(resized).jpg
    Randy_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    00e178b3bfc6e63946bd2d13e625c55f_(resized).jpg
    Boob_(resized).jpg
    DSC02411_(resized).JPG
    DSC02407_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider funkyfreshwalrus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#815 3 years ago

We stayed at the Super 8 and it was great. Started in a room with a sluggish AC and broken fridge, but they very happily moved us over to the next room which had everything working tip top. Having seen both hotels rooms, I'm staying at the Super 8 next year.

I do agree the Host is a great place for Pintastic. The conference area was very clean and updated. It really felt like a giant pinball party, and not a corporate event. Another venue might not be as permissive with some of the chaos (fun).

#888 3 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

The hotel has another 100 rooms available on Friday night. I just did not block them off because I don't know how to keep people from booking elsewhere. Hotel selling out is not the issue.

We arrived Thursday around noon, and tried to get a room till Sunday at the Host. They were sold out of all rooms. So we walked across the parking lot to the Super 8 who had rooms. I guess lesson learned, book earlier. The Super 8 was in nicer shape, but we didn't spend a whole lot of time there anyhow. They did have giant Old Sturbridge Village art in every room, so I think we know who paid for the recent renovations. The host does need some updating, I mean tube TV's in 2016 seems a bit dated. Maybe the Host should put Jersey Jack art in every room and Jack can pay for the renovations.

If we were not able to come late night to the free play room, we would not have had anywhere near as much fun. Some friends visited and also stayed quite late because they lived locally.

Quoted from dannunz:

Anyone think we should do a small 24hour room with 20 pins?

Please, please, please, please!

#897 3 years ago

I would suggest people claim their raffle by a certain time frame and then, if they don't claim it by then it gets redrawn at the next round of raffles. The game bringer tickets are a thank you, there shouldn't be too many conditions. Maybe you are working on a game, or playing in the tournament. Too much going on at once to force people to be anywhere at a specific time.

#949 3 years ago

I'd be happy to volunteer some time to help with any digital signage your looking to do. There was no good place to just look up and see what is happening right now. Sometimes there is too much going on visually, and a big blinking arrow is what is needed. Even just having the time and schedule posted up high in the free play room would have helped. I missed a few seminars because I got caught up playing or working on a game in free play.

A "main stage" with a projector could be neat. You could broadcast the raffle drawings, the free play prizes, some seminars, tournament finals. That would likely draw more people into the vendor hall. I have a friend who does video production and works with some local independent news outlets. I'm sure we could draw in some sort of roving reporters going around the venue.

I didn't spend too much time in the vendor room, I went in bought what I was looking for, played Big Lebowski or BoP 2.0 and went back over to free play.

#1011 3 years ago

I had an idea for repair tickets on games. What if each game's card had a scan-able QR code. Then anyone could scan the code with a phone, be brought to a simple page where they can describe the issue. That would trigger an email or text message to the games owner informing them of the issue. This would also generate a list of games with issues that could be displayed where the whiteboard was this year.

I'd be happy to volunteer to build it for you.

#1070 3 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but many of you locals (100 miles or less) need to step up your game to keep this show afloat.

Touché sir, I'll up my game. If I brought every game I got from you or Ed I'd have at least 10 there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 159.99
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 32.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 89.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 11.95
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 8.00
    Cabinet Parts
    RPGCor
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 129.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 79.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider funkyfreshwalrus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside