Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,192 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
    Taxman-bad_hair_day_(resized).jpg
    Randy_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    00e178b3bfc6e63946bd2d13e625c55f_(resized).jpg
    Boob_(resized).jpg
    DSC02411_(resized).JPG
    DSC02407_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ejacques.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#368 7 years ago

Well...I may be crazy for thinking this....but considering I'm going to need to rent a UHAUL anyways, I may just up my ante from two games to eight. Go big or go home, right?

#379 7 years ago

I have six ready for sure...the mad scramble is on for at least two more. I need to update my registration, but right now for sure I have:

Drop a Card
    F-14
    Countdown
    Joker Poker
    Getaway
    Jokerz

Working on/scrambling to finish:

Sky Jump
    Sorcerer

And if Gabe will count it...for the kiddos (feel free to put it with the kid stuff) ... Wico's Big Top, which was expertly shopped out by my four year old :>

All will be for sale, even though I'm sure my kids may balk at selling theirs.

Side note, really trying to see if its possible to start a Western Mass take on the Sanctum. Any Western Mass people...please chime in if interested in the idea.

Quoted from dannunz:

Ok than looks like I need to have 3 hats made and 3 gift cards

2 weeks later
    #831 7 years ago

Now that I've finally slept....it's time to reflect on my first show bringing games. Thanks to BrIan (the96stang) taunting me for months, I brought 8 games this year to the show. After moving 8, I have no clue how he does it and physically doesn't fall apart. I was on the back wall directly across from him.

Like Brian, I struggled with some games giving me fits....but thanks to Dave Madore and several others I was able to keep them running. (Thanks Dave for finding my phantom 4th ball on Getaway - aka a light bulb stuck in the trough!) My games were actually fairly reliable for the weekend, and the four that I sold spent most of the weekend on the Freeplay floor. (Big thanks to Rob from Australia for leaving Getaway until the end)

Foolish me went to the flea market....and now I have a garage full of project games, project boards and other parts. Prices in the flea market were great and were definitely open to discussion.

I personally found the hotel to be fine...I've stayed in way worse hotels that cost way more. My kids even had fun with the free mini golf, although I wanted to rebuild a few of their holes for them.

Big shout out to Gabe and the rest of the organizers....I can't imagine how difficult it is to run a show like this. Apologies for being that new guy that had tons of questions, but in the end it all worked out great.

And finally, as far as food goes.....one word....BT's.

Thanks all!

Ed

1 week later
    #1111 7 years ago

I really don't think Brian's point here is to have EVERYONE bring games. But honestly, if I could bring 8 despite never having brought a single game to a show before, I'd wager that most people could find a way to bring one. Yes, I get it, it's tough to move these games. Yes, it's a ton of work to keep them running at a show. Yes, it's tough to sell them if that is your intent. But, and this is a big but, if buying, selling, fixing and playing them is what you enjoy doing, what better LOCAL venue do you have to do that?

Partner up, start a pinball club, rent uhauls together, whatever it takes. You don't have to start big and you don't have to bring A list games. But, if you want to have a successful show year after year, having games there is a must.

Every year is different. Life circumstances get in the way. I think all he is saying is.....try it, you might actually find it rewarding.

Just my two cents.

Ed

Quoted from the96stang:

To everyone reading this thread:
    First off, I mean this in the nicest way possible, but many of you locals (100 miles or less) need to step up your game to keep this show afloat. Here is what I mean:
    I brought 12
    Gabe brought 9
    Mark Brought 9
    Ed Brought 8
    Dave brought 5
    Thats 43 games brought by 5 people. If the 5 of us didn't bring any, there would have been a LARGE hole in that FP room. For years many of you complained about the distance to A-town. Gabe has done a huge service to this community getting a show going in New England. I personally have loved it, as many of you have.
    Now, I am not asking for everyone to bring 12 games. Im not even asking for everyone to bring 3 games, but almost everyone in this thread has a vehicle that can haul 1 game. Most probably have the ability to haul 2. I ask that everyone reading this just bring ONE game to the show. 140 people have contributed to this thread. If everyone just brought one, thats 140 games right there. If half the participants of this thread could bring 2 thats 210 games.
    Worried about people beating on your games?
    Security was on top of it. I did not see any egregious behavior at any point in the show. (One guy smacked a lockdown bar one time, and was reminded that wasn't his machine, he profusely apologized.)
    Worried about games breaking down?
    Aardvark, super knowledgeable, super reasonable, and always helpful.
    Think your games are too nice to bring for free play?
    Fair enough, only you can judge that, but go grab a beater game off of craigslist, have fun fixing it up, get it playing well and try and sell it at the show. You have a year, plenty of time to find a good deal and get it looking great for the show.
    Lets make this the best show in the country.

#1113 7 years ago

True ... I guess I meant that it requires you to check in on your games every so often.

Quoted from jadziedzic:

Ed, I'd disagree with that statement based on my own experience as head of the repair crew: the vast majority of games seemed to hold up just fine over the 40+ hours of the show. There were a few "stinkers" that were essentially inoperable for most of the show, but perhaps those should not have been set up in the free play area in the first place.
    If you have a game that's in good operating condition by all means consider bringing it to the show; chances are good it will do just fine, and if not, there are lots of knowledgeable folks on hand to get it back in running condition.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ejacques.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pintastic-new-england-show-2016-thread?tu=ejacques and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.