Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,192 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
    Taxman-bad_hair_day_(resized).jpg
    Randy_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    00e178b3bfc6e63946bd2d13e625c55f_(resized).jpg
    Boob_(resized).jpg
    DSC02411_(resized).JPG
    DSC02407_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eabundy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#502 7 years ago

Just finished the Funhouse from Allentown. That will now be in the Free Play area. BTW, it's not "roached" anymore

Also bringing

Batman Forever
    Banzai Run
    Striker Extreme
    Teed Off

#504 7 years ago
    Quoted from ryandimx:

PICTURES! That game was a mess

Lol, sorry come see and play it at the show

#544 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wickedbass:

Yes it does, i plan on bringing two pins with me tomorrow morning, in my pick up
    not sure the best way to keep them dry, other than to just leave them home.

Get a role of shrink wrap from home depot. And just wrap the heck out of them. I've traveled many hours in heavy rain got them home and unwrapped them to find they were completely dry.

#863 7 years ago

The show was great. Hotel itself my friends, kids and I all felt was decent and if not better than others I've stayed at recently. Don't change that Gabe. You will raise too many new questions and problems. Just keep tweaking your show as you have been and it will consistently get better every year.

My suggestions.
    • Improve foot traffic to the vendor area, by mixing free play machines with vendor areas throughout the show.
    • Bigger signage, and maybe electric signage describing what is located where.
    • Move the tournament to the vendor hall, this will allow more people to see the tournament, and also increase vendor foot traffic.
    • Raffles you need to be there when your name is called. If not there at that moment, you lose..
    • Somehow, create a parts table that a staffer runs, this will then provide replacement parts that are likely to fail in the free play area. The show can inflate the price a bit, but not to the point where you feel like you're being taken advantage of.

What I think worked great?
    • Free play games still going late Saturday. This has always been the greatest complaint at all shows. Genius idea raffling off the pin for games still left. Please continue this tradition if possible.
    • Love the family atmosphere. My 9 year old attended his first show here, and had a blast. No reason to expand the kids / family stuff but definitely don't scale it back.
    • Stern Staff, having the ability to casually converse with the stern staff really was great, and was something I haven't experienced in a pinball show before. Lyman, and Ritchie both gave me great insight into the inner workings of Stern and both were impressive.
    • Hotel Staff, and staff at the concession were very friendly, and the food was quick to come out. Nice to be able to buy a beer and walk around the show with it.
    • Auction, was fun and had some good deals, hopefully this returns as well.
    • Hotel grounds, were well kept, free mini golf and pool was a great break for the family.
    • Web Site this year was a HUGE improvement over last year. Electronic payments, and checkins seemed to be greatly improved as well. Great job here.
    • Pinball Sales truck with the project pins was just what the flea market needed. Hopefully they return next year.

Great job Gabe, and all his staff. Can't wait till next year.

#867 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

You know what else was great? Almost all the games working all the time, mostly thanks to you, Eric.

I can't take the credit for that. I helped but Tony D was the MAN!

#875 7 years ago
    Quoted from mudflap:

More like 7,000 hours ?

ONE-MILLION-HOURS_(resized).jpgONE-MILLION-HOURS_(resized).jpg

#879 7 years ago

In my case, I'm not even sure if passing out qualifies as sleeping.. Either way the room fit my needs perfectly.

#963 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

A lower price would certainly attract a few more people. Basically, with a higher price, you have to have enough to sell to cover the cost of the spot, plus the cost of what you have invested, plus still make a little extra to make it worthwhile to set up in the first place.
    I would have had a few boxes of parts to sell, but most of that would have been eaten up by the cost of the spot, so I didn't bother.
    A lower price would be more inviting smaller sellers, and with more smaller sellers, there would probably be more stuff to buy overall.

Gabe how about setting up a flea market booth outside, but one that is run by the show. People can tag their stuff ahead of time and put it on the table for sale? Just limit it to a small amount per person, or incur a fee for many pieces. I always have small stuff I could sell but not enough for a full booth. Put a staffer there to handle the cash and payments. Just a thought.

#1002 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

Or maybe inside. I could offer my pinball-related vinyl records this way, but only if the booth is inside. For people interested in this consignment-sale deal: would you be willing to pay an up-front display fee? Commission if it sells? Both?
    .................David Marston

I'd be fine with paying a commision on sales.

#1056 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Wouldn't having "booth babes" kind of be in conflict with it being a family friendly event?

I do believe Hooters calls itself a family restaurant. Either way they will just be smiling and taking pictures, in their regular work attire. No way that would be worse than the pictures on display in the freeplay area this year, and that to my knowledge got no complaints.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eabundy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pintastic-new-england-show-2016-thread?tu=eabundy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.