Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,192 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
    Taxman-bad_hair_day_(resized).jpg
    Randy_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    00e178b3bfc6e63946bd2d13e625c55f_(resized).jpg
    Boob_(resized).jpg
    DSC02411_(resized).JPG
    DSC02407_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docquest.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#160 7 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Hey Guys, getting close!
    Anyone bringing Arcade vids?

I'm planning on bring my multi-williams. Has classic horizontal Williams games like Robotron, Defender, Bubbles, Moon Patrol, Joust and a bunch more. All in a moon patrol cabinet with that classic retro sci-fi style. I'll probably have it for sale there.

20160411_073702_(resized).jpg20160411_073702_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #300 7 years ago
    Quoted from kvolak:

I'm not driving 700 miles for effin McD's!

But they sell mc-lobster rolls there in the summer.

2 weeks later
    #793 7 years ago

Thanks again to Gabe for putting together another fantastic show. My daughters who don't normally play a lot of pinball at home played a lot this weekend. I guess they liked the variety there better than in my basement. My Centigrade 37 got filmed on the (on the inside as well as the outside) for a pinball documentary, that was cool. It was nice seeing old friends and meeting some new ones as well. Really looking forward to attending and volunteering again next year.

#796 7 years ago

They crew there made a documentary a few years ago called "the history of pinball" it was on AMC. The original was not in high definition so they want to update it with new HD material. Once it's done they still need to find a buyer so it might be a while til it sees the.light of day. You might be able to find the original if you search online. I bought a copy of it.on DVD at pintastic. I think I saw copies at Pin Wizard in Pelham.

#899 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

That C37 was really nice...I was wondering whose it was.
    Normally, I'm not much of an EM player, but I went back several times to that game--very challenging!
    Was the playfield a restored original, a clear coated NOS, or something else?

The playfield was touched up and auto clear coated with a matte finish. I like the gloss finish on newer games but think the matte looks more appropriate for an EM. At the time I couldn't find anyone local who was setup to to do an auto clear so I sent it out to HSA pinball for the touch ups and the clear. I thought he did a great job and would use him again.

Here's an example of what things looked like in the beginning. Playfield had a few areas where it looked like water damage and missing areas of paint. The cabinet and head were pretty rough as well. I ended up replacing the whole front of the back box with a new face since the original was delaminating so much. HSA keeps a gallery of all his playfield work here if you want to see more pics.

http://www.hsapinball.com/HSA_PINBALL/hsa040215c37.html#grid

c37_before_(resized).jpgc37_before_(resized).jpg

20140907_114546_(resized).jpg20140907_114546_(resized).jpg

#902 7 years ago

My kids and I loved the hotel. If you have kids with you its definitely nice to let them go back to the room whenever they want without having to drive them. They also liked the hot tub and pool. We'll definitely stay there again next year.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docquest.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pintastic-new-england-show-2016-thread?tu=docquest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.