Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,192 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
    Taxman-bad_hair_day_(resized).jpg
    Randy_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    00e178b3bfc6e63946bd2d13e625c55f_(resized).jpg
    Boob_(resized).jpg
    DSC02411_(resized).JPG
    DSC02407_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daniml.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from yfz450:

Saturday I'm off, but not worth the drive up there for one day.

Sure it is!!

#46 7 years ago

Good man Mainelycoasters! Every pin you bring is that much closer to your "second" VPCab!

1 month later
    #272 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Trying some very nice beer today!

Started drinking at 1:30p did you? You're going to be useless at our meeting tonight. Bring some for me and Dave!

#298 7 years ago

D'oh! Now it's gonna take me 10x longer to get my Brisket Reuben sandwich! (Still worth the wait!)

1 week later
    #390 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

These 2 custom Mini's will be given away at the show!!

Limited Editions, production run of 2. $10k by "Show Time"!

#393 7 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

I will be dressed as an overweight guy in a Hawaiian shirt. I should blend in with most of the crowd that way.

Make sure you coordinate with Lin so you guys don't wear the same shirt. That would be embarrassing!

#394 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

I think there is potential for a Pinside meetup and an r.g.p meetup.

Don't forget that Pinside provides a feature under your Profile to generate a Pinside Badge you can wear on a lanyard to better display your avatar.

#457 7 years ago

Calling all Pinsiders! With the show only four days away we are in dire need of volunteers to man several Security Stations (sit in a chair and look for badges and wristbands. Even a Boob can do that!). The security schedule is in 2hr rotations as to break up the monotony. Available slots are as follows:

Thur:
    Free Play Rooms (6p-8p)(8p-10p)(10p-12p)

Fri/Sat:
    Vendor Hall (4p-6p)(6p-8p)
    Free Play Rooms (all two hour shifts between 8a-12a)
    After Party (8p-10p)(10p-12p)(12p-2a)

Breakdown: Vendor Hall: Sat between 8p-12p and Sun morning between 7a-11a.

Remember, volunteering for 4+ hours get you free admission for that day, a Pintastic Logo T-shirt, and a 2016 John Youssi Show Poster (not the 2015 poster as noted on the Pintastic site. Even Gabe isn't that cheap!). Volunteering 8+ hrs gets you all that swag plus a 2nd admission (for a guest or to be used for the following day) and one admission to the exclusive Friday Night After Party! Even though a minimum of 4hrs is required for the swag, any 2hr shift you volunteer for would be greatly appreciated. If interested please PM me or sign-up at the Pintastic website rather than posting your intent in this thread. The schedule will be filled on a first-come-first-served basis so not all volunteers will be required. I will send out a follow-up confirmation to those that are scheduled. Thanx in advance! - Dan

#515 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

See The legend John Trudeau.

Just need to get my silver Sharp

JT_Card_(resized).jpgJT_Card_(resized).jpg

#749 7 years ago

After spending 20hrs a day for the past three days on my feet I am just now logging onto Pinside to catch-up on the postings. I plan to post a more heartfelt thanx to the volunteers that worked both Security and Technical Support but for now I want to say a simple "thank you!". As much as providing a game in the Free Play area this show would not exist without the efforts of the volunteers. From people signing up on the Pintastic website, to people walking up to me and asking "how can I help". From first timers that could only attend for half the day and "still" volunteer their time to people that work other shows from neighbouring states wanting to see Pintastic succeed (thanx Tim!!!). And a special thanx to ForceFlow for posting all these wonderful pictures (I think you may be getting a call from the Pintastic team in the near future regarding Pintastic 2017) - Dan

#750 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

One of my favorite moments.

We all knew you were short Gabe, but not Hobbit sized! You look like Bilbo standing next to Gandalf!

#814 7 years ago

Like Gabe said, I didn't spend enough time in the room to notice. I think I spent a total of 12hrs in the room from Thur - Sun.

#898 7 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:Dan-- I was just messing around. The lake was a little more... uhhh... odoriferous than most bodies of water, but I wasn't there to swim in the lake in the first place.

Um, that was Gabe ... I'm Dan.

#977 7 years ago

I spoke to several attendees that felt there were no "show deals" to be had in the Vendor Hall. Some said they'd get better deals on-line even after paying for shipping. Anyone else feel this way as well?

1 week later
    #1127 7 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

1 inch of clearance? You lead such a pampered life! My doors have 0.2 inches and -2 inches if clearance

I should be so lucky! Whenever I get a new game not only do I need to remove the door I have to remove the entire door jamb then rebuild it!

#1133 7 years ago
    Quoted from mainelycoasters:

I would do it in a more permanent way....any way to put in a larger door?

Hey Dave - Yes, the next step is to cut into the concrete walls and remove 2" on either side then install a new 30" door and frame (that's as large as I can fit leading to the basement). I believe my wife was hesitant to do so sooner knowing that restricted access would limit the number of pins I brought home.

#1135 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

I have a concrete saw I will be right over. Lol

LOL, nothing! What are you laughing at? I just may take you up on your "generous offer"! The easier it is for me to remove pins the more likely I can bring them to Pintastic next year!!!!

#1146 7 years ago
    Quoted from edcianci:

BREAKING NEWS - Ed is an idioted

Ed - In the hopes of making you feel better not only did I not notice it as well but I filled the bottle three times before I realized there was a piece of paper in it. Imagine how hard it was for me to get that soggy piece of paper out that 1" opening!

#1187 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Jersey Jack with the winners of the kids pinball tournament

Um, which one is Jack?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daniml.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pintastic-new-england-show-2016-thread?tu=daniml and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.