Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,192 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
    Taxman-bad_hair_day_(resized).jpg
    Randy_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    00e178b3bfc6e63946bd2d13e625c55f_(resized).jpg
    Boob_(resized).jpg
    DSC02411_(resized).JPG
    DSC02407_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Butch2099.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#87 7 years ago

What if you bought the super VIP pass and then decided to bring a game?

1 week later
    #133 7 years ago

T2 Registered! My daughter now says she will come with me for the show! Going to push her pinball tolerance to the max!

1 week later
    #215 7 years ago

How can I change the game I signed up to bring?

3 weeks later
    #487 7 years ago

When does the drawing for the pinball machine happen? I saw an earlier post here that said your game had to be in free play at 10pm Sat night, but the website says drawing at 6pm.

#691 7 years ago

My daughter just put up high score #2 on STTNG 1.3 Billion! Considering how much play the game got over last couple days that's pretty impressive!

20160708_143016_(resized).jpg20160708_143016_(resized).jpg
    20160708_184335_(resized).jpg20160708_184335_(resized).jpg

20160709_213644_(resized).jpg20160709_213644_(resized).jpg

#754 7 years ago

Great show Gabe, you put a lot of thought & effort into making it the best show you could & you did a great job! Thank you!

My daughter & I really enjoyed playing all the quality games there. Your Theatre of Magic was awesome & my daughters favorite of the show. That says a lot, beating out Hobbit & Ghostbusters when I would ask her what she wanted to play (although they were probably close 2nd's).
    Great job getting games to stay for the duration. 11pm Sat night had a good number of games still going. Heck, Ghostbusters was still going this morning when we left. I liked the venue being right in the hotel & really hope the hotel rooms are better by the time the next show comes around (not that we were in them much).

I don't want to compare it to any other show, it stands on it's own as a show I want to come back to.

I was there from Thursday 4pm until 11pm Sat night. Still felt that it wasn't enough time to do everything I wanted to do. Met up with a lot of Pinsiders, great to talk with everybody. Too many to name without leaving someone out. Definitely falls in the category of wish I had more time.
    I only got to hear Jack speak a little, I'm always torn about listening to seminars & playing/talking/shopping. Seminars usually lose in that scenario. I did get to talk briefly with Steve Ritchie, thanked him for making some great games, he didn't miss a beat, peeked at my name badge & says I made them for you Robert. I'm sure he has probably used that line a million times, but it's still fun to hear.

I was telling my daughter how great it was to be a part of a hobby where they have shows like this, where the vendors, players, coders, designers and even owners of pinball companies come out and participate. These people love what they do and if they don't, they sure hide it well. Everyone talks to you as a friend and are enthusiastic about the hobby.

We had a fantastic weekend, and if you missed the BBQ place, you really missed out!

#857 7 years ago

Show is great. Hotel rooms were definitely the downside of the weekend. I thought the bed was ok but the room smell bothered me. Really just slept there and showered. But unless there are renovations made I'll stay elsewhere when I come to the show.
    There has to be some buying power in a group like ours. I stayed Thursday Friday and Saturday. My hotel bill was almost $350. I don't mind spending on quality, but honestly, that was a $50 - $75 a night hotel at best.

#882 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

I'm not sure that is a fair assessment. Their are a few hotels close by for $80 a night. But I would say they are in much worse shape than the host hotel. Remember you must stay at the host hotel for entry into the after party and possible 24hr game room.

Maybe it's not a fair assessment compared with the hotels in the area. I'm not familiar with what the local pricing is. I'm used to staying in more touristy areas where the competition for your hotel dollar gets you a better bang for your buck.
    I don't want to be negative, and I posted a positive thank you for a good time/great job with the show earlier in the thread. But the conversation was about the hotels. Just like you are tweaking things to have a better show next year, so am I.
    One of the things that would make me have a better show would be a hotel room where I wasn't feeling like I was sucking it up for 3 nights while spending $350.
    If that means that I miss out some show perks then so be it. That would just go in my evaluation for returning the following year. If I feel like I really missed out, maybe I come on Friday, stay Friday night and leave early Saturday instead of the full 3 days.
    Again, you did a phenomenal job with the show and I know that you put in countless hours I'm making it the best show possible. Thank you for that. I am looking forward to coming again next year.
    Please don't take the hotel personally. It's not your hotel, it is what it is. Hopefully they do the renovations they're speaking of and all will be great.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Butch2099.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pintastic-new-england-show-2016-thread?tu=Butch2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.