Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,192 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
    Taxman-bad_hair_day_(resized).jpg
    Randy_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    00e178b3bfc6e63946bd2d13e625c55f_(resized).jpg
    Boob_(resized).jpg
    DSC02411_(resized).JPG
    DSC02407_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 80spit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Trying to make it !!!
    Wife too, Maybe the dog and a Florida gator for the lake.

Squirt gun contest wouldn't be the same without you Art

2 weeks later
    #106 7 years ago

Registered 4 pins today for freeplay/ sale, also I used Alan at Ardvark to repair one of my boards last year, can't say enough about him. He was very reasonable and got my pin back up and running. Glad he is returning this year. Its a lot of work to haul all that test equipment in, If any of you need board work done, bring them along he can help you out.

1 month later
    #766 7 years ago
    Quoted from edcianci:

Cudos to the staff as i showed up Thursday night with a trailer full of games and no time to unload - Gabe got people to get them out of the trailer so i could get out of there. the staff then set the games up (2 of them had the heads off) - one they even had to drill the lock out as i lost the key. they did a great job
    a side note on the Comet - this is what i call the good of the hobby - Dr Dave sold it to somebody for $800, that person sold it to a different Dave for $800, Dave then sold it to me for $800, and i sold it to Gerry (if my memory is correct) for $800. That's a great thing how we all buy it - enjoy it - get sick of it, and then pass it on.
    thanks ed

Yeah I was the one who bought the Comet. Thanks Ed, I am passing it on to someone who was looking for a nice one,
    Actually myself and Joe "cyroute" Hauled all those pins in for you, Gabe myself and couple others set them all up, I couldn't believe Night Rider fired right up, I looked like it hadn't been run for quite some time, Eight ball I thought for sure was going to be dead, all connectors were dirty and disconnected, but she fired right up, We wanted to take that one home but just did not have space in the trailer. I brought 5 pins in and Rob ( fellow from Australia) bought them all 1/2 hr after I set them up, Was really pleased he left them for freeplay all weekend, big thanks to him. sure will miss my Operation thunder though, Did a little volunteering and had a great time with great new friends made, ended up bringing one of the Ghostbusters home that Automated had on freeplay all weekend.

#772 7 years ago

Hats of to Brian "the96stang" 12 pins and he was busting his butt the whole time. we chatted a lot, he's got great plans for next year,
    Still can't believe he didn't sell that HS, that was a deal

#801 7 years ago
    Quoted from DRDAVE:

Oh that's who that film crew was. They filmed me attaching a Blue Ribbon to a best in show game. Right place right time on that one. =)
    Where can we see this film when finished? Any details on it?
    Dave (Doc)

They filmed both my Gorgar and the Flash for their documentary, I scored a free DVD from them as they wanted the glass off to get better video. I opened Centigrade 37 for them carefully, not my pin, was a little nervous, but you think it was nice on the outside, it looked like new on the inside, one of the nicer restore jobs I have seen. I even learned what C37 really means and why it was titled that way. Great job docquest, was nice talking with you

#1033 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Yes I agree people like those older games. But my TOM had 790 plays at the end of the show.

Gabe
    Thats interesting, The GB I got from Automated was on freeplay all weekend and had only 450 plays on it. seems to show that traffic was really lighter in the vendor section think I put 3 plays on it since I brought it home, needed time to recover!!

#1068 7 years ago

Great comment Brian, my sentiment exactly, freeplay games are what makes a show great, we brought 5 from PA and all sold, but I was prepared to bring all 5 home. I want to see this show prosper and thats why we brought 5, I would have brought more if I could have had them ready in time. I was nervous as heck the first time I brought pins to a show. Its a real test to see how well your pins behave, for me it makes me feel part of the show, I enjoy watching people play my pins, and my head swells when people comment on how nice my games play. This will take you to the next level when you bring a pin. We are all there to help each other out when things go wrong. I actually think I had more fun BSing with all the guys who brought pins than playing. Join the fraternity next year and bring a pin or 2

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 80spit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pintastic-new-england-show-2016-thread?tu=80spit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.