Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,192 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
    Taxman-bad_hair_day_(resized).jpg
    Randy_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    00e178b3bfc6e63946bd2d13e625c55f_(resized).jpg
    Boob_(resized).jpg
    DSC02411_(resized).JPG
    DSC02407_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 1stpinballdave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#769 7 years ago

Thank you to all who came up to me during the show about both my seminar and games. The games are a labor of love for the hobby and being recognized for all the hard work makes those long hours in the shop all worth it. I thought there were some really nice examples in the 60's category (Flipper Clown comes to mind) and 70's (Blue Chip and C-37). Dr. Dave and crew spent a lot of their show on judging games and deserve a round of applause.

Compared to some of the more prominent names in the hobby, my was more grass roots. For those who did attend, I hope you got something out of my experiences and it will help you in the future. I talk a lot with my hands, but the intent came from the heart. Thanks to my friends who attended and supported me ...even JRPinball who fell asleep (I think). Others who I didn't know asked good questions and were engaged in the discussion. Thanks to Dave Marston for allowing me to have my own hour and participate in the repair forum with Tony and Lloyd who are both just a wealth of knowledge when it comes to repair and restoration. I was so impressed with both of them and it was an absolute honor to be on the panel with them representing the EM side of the hobby. If you haven't had the chance to meet and talk with Tony and Lloyd make sure you make a point of doing it. Both are super nice and very engaging. ...Lloyd, How do I get a 2016 mug? I missed getting one.

Lastly, thanks to Gabe and the crew for an awesome show. It's so much work for all involved and there are only a handful of people who are willing to do it. Hope the vendors did well and the show was successful enough to keep it going for years to come. The venue, although old and somewhat dated, is perfect for a pinball show. You park and leave your truck for the entire weekend. That's awesome.

#876 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

Big thanks to Tony Dziedzic, Dave Metrando, and Lloyd Olson (straight from the airport) for filling in, and winging it. There were enough questions, and prodding from me as moderator, to fill out the hour. It was all ad hoc, no prepared material!
    .................David Marston

The pleasure was mine. It was an honor being asked and participating on the panel with Tony and Lloyd. Most of the questions were solid state related which is not my forte'. Kudos to those who attended as well for being engaged and for asking great questions. Perhaps an idea for next year is to have an EM panel discussion/question and answer session and a separate solid state panel. Food for thought for next year. ...you call David.

.................Dave Metrando

#878 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Come on man it's a freash water lake. This is Sturbridge were in the country. Why do people always have to emphasis on the few negative things when so many other things were so great. Be happy we have a show that is growing in New England. It's takes 1000's of hours to put on a show like this.

Have to agree. Look, the hotel is old and does need updating. My room however, was clean, there were no bed bugs and the bed was comfortable. How many awake hours do we spend in our rooms anyway? Overall, with some little tweaks, this venue will be fine for a pinball show going forward. So lets concentrate on the low hanging fruit/easy fixes for next year and look forward to another awesome weekend.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 1stpinballdave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pintastic-new-england-show-2016-thread?tu=1stpinballdave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.