Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,192 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
    Taxman-bad_hair_day_(resized).jpg
    Randy_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    00e178b3bfc6e63946bd2d13e625c55f_(resized).jpg
    Boob_(resized).jpg
    DSC02411_(resized).JPG
    DSC02407_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 1974deltaqueen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#517 7 years ago

What pins are registered for free play? Can someone post a hyper-link please

TY in advance

#560 7 years ago

Thanks man , that's whAt I was looking for.

#645 7 years ago

Nicest EM there was Pinball Dave's Swing Time

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#761 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

In reading all the way through the threads for the Allentown show and the Pintastic show, I notice a completely different feel between the two. I've never been to either one:
    1. Allentown show seems to be a bit bigger, with lots more machines being sold.
    2. Allentown show had quite a large flea market, a smaller scale at Pintastic.
    3. Lots and lots of negative comments about machines leaving the free play area early at Allentown, and not one single negative comment about that at Pintastic.
    4. Several negative comments about 'enthusiastic' staffer's at Allentown, not one negative comment along the same regards at Pintastic.
    5. Lots of comments about game pricing at Allentown, haven't noticed it for Pintastic.
    I'm guessing there are several Pinside members that attend both shows, and that both shows have their strong points and weak points. If a person could only attend one of the events, and both were equal travel time, how do you choose which one to go to?

Allentown and its 8 times as far travel distance. Pintastic: Hats off to guys for traveling so far and a friend of mine brought 12 games. Pinfest: Thumbs down to the overzealous staff. I love the flea market and more of my pinball friends are in Allentown so is an easy call for me. The prices on games vary show to show, Year to year, but I know nothing about SS pins just EM.

#1067 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

I'm not talking about a one day spot. It would be $55 for all 3 days and you would have full access to the show which would make it free. I just want to fill the flee market with pinball and game room vendors.

I've voiced my logic already. Pintastic and Pinfest are too close together for the Pickers, Auction Hounds and Flippers to amass enough goods to justify the travel/ expenses just 2 months after Allentown Show. Some guys don't even do the York and Allentown Shows they build up their goods over a year . Big shout out though to all those who travel substantial distance to support the show .

Two guys I know did the flea last year. Traffic was sparse and it soured them. They did not even attend this year in any capacity to the best of my knowledge .

#1069 7 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

Really?.....Well, in the nicest way possible....Some of us (Most), have life to deal with (aka Obligations)...We don't collect tea cups or commemorative spoons, these machines are a PITA to lug around. I'm not lugging a game, or two, or twelve by myself to go to a show for one day (That I actually want to enjoy, drink, be social, hang out, see the sites, hang with friends, drink more, then go home), then you have weather as a factor as well as the pain in the balls of getting the dam things out of the basement, into the truck, unloading, setup, back into the truck, back down the dam bulkhead, jacking them back into the rafters to get the legs on, etc etc....
    I give credit to all of those who do bring their games, without them there would be no show, and it is a great show!....But don't bitch at everyone else for not bringing a game, have a little common sense...You could not pay me to deal with the BS involved getting a game out of my basement to bring it to the show.... If people want to bring games, they will, if people don't want to bring games, they won't....
    Again, Sorry, that post rubbed me the wrong way..

im pushing 60, dragging pins in and out of my cellar blows. It rubbed me the wrong way too because Pinball comes after Health, Family , Job, Pets. Kudos to the young guys humping games all over creation. We showed up and paid our 20$, that is support on one level good enough for me . Plus I got family issues I'm dealing with so this was my first show in years I didn't bring a pin.

- Wedgehead Killer

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 1974deltaqueen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pintastic-new-england-show-2016-thread?tu=1974deltaqueen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.