3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,192 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 373 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpg
    Taxman-bad_hair_day_(resized).jpg
    Randy_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    00e178b3bfc6e63946bd2d13e625c55f_(resized).jpg
    Boob_(resized).jpg
    DSC02411_(resized).JPG
    DSC02407_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg

There are 1192 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 24.
    #1151 2 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

Well, an update on my comment regarding the hotel....I had stated the hotel staff at the desk were cool when they told my friend and I there would be no charge for the room when we decided not to stay (even though we had expected to just eat the cost). The staff member at the desk stated, not once, but three times ; "Don't worry, there will be no charge since you never used the room, I will take it off"....
    So I will say instead of being cool, she was either poorly trained or apparently clueless....or both...As I was charged, and felt like an idiot when I called the hotel to inquire today, as I would have had a more productive conversation with a dead squirrel.
    I could have persuaded it further, and maybe brought up the awful bleach like smell in the hallways, hole in the hotel room wall, and so on and so forth...but it was only $116, so screw it...
    Sorry, just rubbed me the wrong way dealing with that nonsense... If I was to actually stay on a future visit, it would never be at the host hotel.....

Talk to your credit card company.

#1152 2 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

Unfortunately the hotel employee he spoke with had not been trained properly on the hotels cancelation policies. He checked in that day and than the same night decided to go home and wanted to not get charged. The hotels policies are clear no cancelations aloud with in 48 hours of your reservation. That is why he got charged. I spoke with the hotel and they will speak to that employee about proper procedure. Sorry about the confution.

#1153 2 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Unfortunately the hotel employee he spoke with had not been trained properly on the hotels cancelation policies. He checked in that day and than the same night decided to go home and wanted to not get charged. The hotels policies are clear no cancelations aloud with in 48 hours of your reservation. That is why he got charged. I spoke with the hotel and they will speak to that employee about proper procedure. Sorry about the confution.
    Here is their policy clearly stated on the web site
    Cancellation Policy: CANCEL 48HOURS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL TO AVOID A PENALTY OF ONE NIGHTS ROOM

Reread my original post, my updated post, and my pm to you. No where did I ever state that "wanted to not get charged".....I was perfectly fine with eating the $116, we did not care, we had agreed it was better than staying overnight when we did not want to.

Again, never asked or expected not to be charged.

Maybe the employees should read their own website since it's "clearly stated"

#1154 2 years ago

Reread my original post, my updated post, and my pm to you. No where did I ever state that "wanted to not get charged".....I was perfectly fine with eating the $116, we did not care, we had agreed it was better than staying overnight when we did not want to.
    Again, never asked or expected not to be charged.
    Maybe the employees should read their own website since it's "clearly stated"

Again I apologize for your experience with that employee and I made sure she got spoken to. Thanks for your continued support.

#1155 2 years ago

If a representative of a company tells you no charge will be made, shouldn't the company honor what the customer was told, then reprimand the employee?

#1156 2 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

One of my rooms the builders accidentally put a closet sized doorway on, so only a wedgehead will fit through. Of course, this is the room where all the modern games with fold down heads always end up, so I've developed a system of unscrewing the hinges, but leaving the cables attached, and twisting the head 90 degrees

Yeah, the old twistee move. A bit of a pain but much better than removing the heads.

Though if I were you I'd just get the door widened. Also a pain but in the end will save you a lot of trouble.

#1157 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah, the old twistee move. A bit of a pain but much better than removing the heads.
    Though if I were you I'd just get the door widened. Also a pain but in the end will save you a lot of trouble.

Every time I move a game in there I'm sure it's the last...

#1158 2 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

How about taking responsibility for your own actions instead of blaming everyone else?

#1159 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

How about taking responsibility for your own actions instead of blaming everyone else?

That shows personal responsibility. Displacing the blame to others shows upper management potential.

#1160 2 years ago
    Quoted from kvolak:

That shows personal responsibility. Displacing the blame to others shows upper management potential.

And people wonder why our country is the way it is.

#1161 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Just curious, is this a dig on me or the hotel?...Just wondering

#1162 2 years ago

Just curious, is this a dig on me or the hotel?...Just wondering

if you have to ask......

#1163 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

if you have to ask......

Figured I'd ask to see who I'm dealing with.....what "actions" should I be taking responsibility for exactly? Trusting what a hotel staff member tells me? I don't think I really have to say, yet again, that I never asked for or expected my money back for deciding not to stay at the hotel and that my buddy and I had decided not to stay and eat the cost before speaking with the employee at the front desk. I figure I really do not have to mention that yet again, correct?

So.... please educate me so I can fully understand your insightful statement.

#1164 2 years ago

Figured I'd ask to see who I'm dealing with.....what "actions" should I be taking responsibility for exactly? Trusting what a hotel staff member tells me? I don't think I really have to say, yet again, that I never asked for or expected my money back for deciding not to stay at the hotel and that my buddy and I had decided not to stay and eat the cost before speaking with the employee at the front desk. I figure I really do not have to mention that yet again, correct?
    So.... please educate me so I can fully understand your insightful statement.

So quit your bitchin' then about a minimum wage employee that obviously didn't know the policies and gave you a wrong answer. Christ, you're writing a book about it. It's guys like you that think because someone makes a mistake that they have to compensate you 10-fold. I sold a set of golf clubs to a fellow on eBay a few years ago. I mucked up and sent him the wrong set of clubs. When he contacted me about it I told him that I would issue a pre-paid UPS return label and that I would overnight the correct set. Nah, that wasn't good enough. I had wronged him because of my mistake. Not only did he want the clubs overnighted, but he felt he was entitled to two more free clubs to compensate him for 'pain and suffering' because of the stress I caused him by making a mistake.

Get over it pal and move on.

#1165 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

So quit your bitchin' then about a minimum wage employee that obviously didn't know the policies and gave you a wrong answer. Christ, you're writing a book about it. It's guys like you that think because someone makes a mistake that they have to compensate you 10-fold. I sold a set of golf clubs to a fellow on eBay a few years ago. I mucked up and sent him the wrong set of clubs. When he contacted me about it I told him that I would issue a pre-paid UPS return label and that I would overnight the correct set. Nah, that wasn't good enough. I had wronged him because of my mistake. Not only did he want the clubs overnighted, but he felt he was entitled to two more free clubs to compensate him for 'pain and suffering' because of the stress I caused him by making a mistake.
    Get over it pal and move on.

Lol, so now I'm asking to be; "compensated tenfold" ? Your an interesting individual that I'm glad I hopefully will never have to deal with in person....I see your posts in other threads stiring the pot as well, there are tools in every shed I guess.

Anyway....I knew before I posted my experience that at least one nitwit behind a keyboard would troll it out, but I guess I just wanted to give a heads up to anyone else that it may happen to...It was nothing big, and once again (to assist with your inability to read) I did not ask for any compensation.... Thanks for your input though buddy

O, and you still didn't answer my question to your original insightful post, what actions should I be taking responsibility for again?

#1166 2 years ago

Lol, so now I'm asking to be; "compensated tenfold" ? Your an interesting individual that I'm glad I hopefully will never have to deal with in person....I see your posts in other threads stiring the pot as well, there are tools in every shed I guess.
    Anyway....I knew before I posted my experience that at least one nitwit behind a keyboard would troll it out, but I guess I just wanted to give a heads up to anyone else that it may happen to...It was nothing big, and once again (to assist with your inability to read) I did not ask for any compensation.... Thanks for your input though buddy
    O, and you still didn't answer my question to your original insightful post, what actions should I be taking responsibility for again?

#1167 2 years ago

Well, at least we agree with something lol

#1168 2 years ago

always interesting when people resort to name calling. Pretty good indication of someone's intellect.

#1169 2 years ago

mods, no worries. I'll chill.

#1170 2 years ago

Pintastic 2017 is a little over 11 months away lol

#1171 2 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Pintastic 2017 is a little over 11 months away lol

I'm already working on taxman posters!

#1172 2 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Perfect!

#1173 2 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Randy_(resized).jpg

#1174 2 years ago

What was the cost of securing a spot either inside or outside to peddle parts etc?

I threw out two truck loads of parts (slot machine parts, don't worry) but still have way too much junk in my garage loft.
    I would love to see the Flea market expand to more than a handful of tables.

#1175 2 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Again, because I actually respect others' right to privacy, I will NOT publish pictures of Taxman here, although that would have been the sensible, retaliatory thing to do.

#1176 2 years ago

What was the cost of securing a spot either inside or outside to peddle parts etc?
    I threw out two truck loads of parts (slot machine parts, don't worry) but still have way too much junk in my garage loft.
    I would love to see the Flea market expand to more than a handful of tables.

Inside 10' by 10' booth is $185 outside last year was $125 but I am dropping it to $75 that includes one weekend pass.

#1177 2 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Inside 10' by 10' booth is $185 outside last year was $125 but I am dropping it to $75 that includes one weekend pass.

O nice.... Thanks

#1178 2 years ago

Not bad if I had something to hold down a table with for sales.....

#1179 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Again, because I actually respect others' right to privacy, I will NOT publish pictures of Taxman here, although that would have been the sensible, retaliatory thing to do.

Here, I'll do it for you -

Taxman-bad_hair_day_(resized).jpg

#1180 2 years ago

$175 for a 10 x 10'? That's worth me bringing nerdy artwork and selling it.

#1181 2 years ago
    Quoted from kvolak:

$175 for a 10 x 10'? That's worth me bringing nerdy artwork and selling it.

Let me clarify....indoor booth is $185 and out door flee market booths are $75 this year. I'm trying to pack the out door hope it works.

#1183 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Are "those kind" of pictures even allowed on Pinside? :p

#1184 2 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Let me clarify....indoor booth is $185 and out door flee market booths are $75 this year. I'm trying to pack the out door hope it works.

count me in for an outdoor table

#1185 2 years ago

$185 is still workable

#1186 2 years ago

Jersey Jack with the winners of the kids pinball tournament run with pindemption on a WOZ.

image_(resized).jpg

#1187 2 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Jersey Jack with the winners of the kids pinball tournament

Um, which one is Jack?

#1188 2 years ago
    Quoted from Daniml:

Um, which one is Jack?

I love the kids balloon animal hat on the far left.

#1189 2 years ago
    Quoted from Daniml:

Um, which one is Jack?

No balloon thing and no painted face. He's the other one.

LTG : )

#1190 2 years ago

Got it!.....the one in the red sneakers is Jack!

#1191 2 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Got it!.....the one in the red sneakers is Jack!

Art we missed you this year buddy. Block it off for 2017.

#1192 2 years ago

Yup! Road trip by car! Assuming I'm Still Alive!
    (someone has to stir trouble with Boob!)

Gotta bring home a game from Adam!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 35.00
    $ 219.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 229.99
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Other
    Great American Pinball
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Metalhead Pinball
    $ 159.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Pimp
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 11.95
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 34.50
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    The MOD Couple
    $ 109.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 39.50
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Protection
    The MOD Couple
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Siegecraft Electronics
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    There are 1192 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 24.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside