Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,192 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
    Taxman-bad_hair_day_(resized).jpg
    Randy_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    00e178b3bfc6e63946bd2d13e625c55f_(resized).jpg
    Boob_(resized).jpg
    DSC02411_(resized).JPG
    DSC02407_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    There are 1,192 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 24.
    #1101 7 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

To everyone reading this thread:
    First off, I mean this in the nicest way possible, but many of you locals (100 miles or less) need to step up your game to keep this show afloat. Here is what I mean:
    I brought 12
    Gabe brought 9
    Mark Brought 9
    Ed Brought 8
    Dave brought 5
    Thats 43 games brought by 5 people. If the 5 of us didn't bring any, there would have been a LARGE hole in that FP room. For years many of you complained about the distance to A-town. Gabe has done a huge service to this community getting a show going in New England. I personally have loved it, as many of you have.
    Now, I am not asking for everyone to bring 12 games. Im not even asking for everyone to bring 3 games, but almost everyone in this thread has a vehicle that can haul 1 game. Most probably have the ability to haul 2. I ask that everyone reading this just bring ONE game to the show. 140 people have contributed to this thread. If everyone just brought one, thats 140 games right there. If half the participants of this thread could bring 2 thats 210 games.
    Worried about people beating on your games?
    Security was on top of it. I did not see any egregious behavior at any point in the show. (One guy smacked a lockdown bar one time, and was reminded that wasn't his machine, he profusely apologized.)
    Worried about games breaking down?
    Aardvark, super knowledgeable, super reasonable, and always helpful.
    Think your games are too nice to bring for free play?
    Fair enough, only you can judge that, but go grab a beater game off of craigslist, have fun fixing it up, get it playing well and try and sell it at the show. You have a year, plenty of time to find a good deal and get it looking great for the show.
    Lets make this the best show in the country.

I was worried about some of this coming in to the show...mostly the break down issue....I brought 5 and bought Metallica pre show to make my 6 at show pins. After seeing what gabe brought and others last year, If they can do it so can I. I tried to bring pins not on the list. I am already planning on bringing 6 again. I don't bring my new sterns because I figured Automated would and I wanted people to play his games and talk with him if they liked them. I did bring BOP2.0 and LCA mostly because they are not common to find and play. Ripley is old enough I knew Automated does not have them for sale. I may bring my TFLE next year not sure. I have to get starscream to stop being dumb first.

I agree if we can get even 40 people to commit to 2 games, just 2 games that is 80 games for freeplay alone. Then add the big guys who bring 5 to say umm 12 and you end up with a ton of them!

#1102 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Although a good idea this would cost way to much money. I have so much going on the week before the show I would have no time to go around collecting peoples games.

Might not be able to do that but If any Maine people are willing to send a game or 2 I would be willing to work with them on transport and set up and break down. I am more then ok to drive a big fricken uhaul full down. I know I will have help at the show If I am loaded with a bunch of games. So many hands are willing to help, just ask them. if anyone from Maine or even some parts along the way want to work with me on it I am game!

#1103 7 years ago
    Quoted from mainelycoasters:

Might not be able to do that but If any Maine people are willing to send a game or 2 I would be willing to work with them on transport and set up and break down. I am more then ok to drive a big fricken uhaul full down. I know I will have help at the show If I am loaded with a bunch of games. So many hands are willing to help, just ask them. if anyone from Maine or even some parts along the way want to work with me on it I am game!

I'm in for that. Three games. I'm in Old Town, 10 minutes north of Bangor.

#1104 7 years ago

Hey, thanks a bunch for bringing that! I hadn't played it yet, and it was a fun new experience to play BOP in a whole new way.

#1105 7 years ago

I have 3 games set back up sp far and I have to say after a quick clean and wax they look just like when they left my house. But they seem to be working better for some reason. Between Tony and Alan Davidson dealing with any issues games are working perfect. I even had Alan do 8 games for me with the NV Ram swap over and it only cost me $200 now that is a killer deal. He went right into the free play room one by one and did them all. No more batteries!!! Two of them were Data East games so they are a lot cheaper. So happy that is done now one less thing to worry about. I recommend everyone do this next year who bring games for free play its a hell of a deal.

#1106 7 years ago

Had a lot of fun this year and got around to editing the panels I filmed. I just wish there is a Twitch feed next year. If you recorded the John Trudeau I want to see it. I forgot my camcorder with the Youssi panel, P3, etc.

Jersey Jack Pinball:

Steve Ritchie panel:

Pintastic '16 tour:

I also did this video and "enhanced" Steves voice of his MK lines:

#1107 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

I'm in for that. Three games. I'm in Old Town, 10 minutes north of Bangor.

I am sure we can make that work.

#1108 7 years ago

I was worried about some of this coming in to the show...mostly the break down issue....I brought 5 and bought Metallica pre show to make my 6 at show pins. After seeing what gabe brought and others last year, If they can do it so can I. I tried to bring pins not on the list. I am already planning on bringing 6 again. I don't bring my new sterns because I figured Automated would and I wanted people to play his games and talk with him if they liked them. I did bring BOP2.0 and LCA mostly because they are not common to find and play. Ripley is old enough I knew Automated does not have them for sale. I may bring my TFLE next year not sure. I have to get starscream to stop being dumb first.
    I agree if we can get even 40 people to commit to 2 games, just 2 games that is 80 games for freeplay alone. Then add the big guys who bring 5 to say umm 12 and you end up with a ton of them!

Yes, bring the TFLE.... You'll win "best in show" again with that pin for sure.

#1109 7 years ago
    Quoted from PersonX99:

Yes, bring the TFLE.... You'll win "best in show" again with that pin for sure.

Two of my games won best in show! Time to step it up a notch lol

#1110 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Two of my games won best in show! Time to step it up a notch lol

FIX!

#1111 7 years ago

I really don't think Brian's point here is to have EVERYONE bring games. But honestly, if I could bring 8 despite never having brought a single game to a show before, I'd wager that most people could find a way to bring one. Yes, I get it, it's tough to move these games. Yes, it's a ton of work to keep them running at a show. Yes, it's tough to sell them if that is your intent. But, and this is a big but, if buying, selling, fixing and playing them is what you enjoy doing, what better LOCAL venue do you have to do that?

Partner up, start a pinball club, rent uhauls together, whatever it takes. You don't have to start big and you don't have to bring A list games. But, if you want to have a successful show year after year, having games there is a must.

Every year is different. Life circumstances get in the way. I think all he is saying is.....try it, you might actually find it rewarding.

Just my two cents.

Ed

Quoted from the96stang:

First off, I mean this in the nicest way possible, but many of you locals (100 miles or less) need to step up your game to keep this show afloat. Here is what I mean:
    I brought 12
    Gabe brought 9
    Mark Brought 9
    Ed Brought 8
    Dave brought 5
    Thats 43 games brought by 5 people. If the 5 of us didn't bring any, there would have been a LARGE hole in that FP room. For years many of you complained about the distance to A-town. Gabe has done a huge service to this community getting a show going in New England. I personally have loved it, as many of you have.
    Now, I am not asking for everyone to bring 12 games. Im not even asking for everyone to bring 3 games, but almost everyone in this thread has a vehicle that can haul 1 game. Most probably have the ability to haul 2. I ask that everyone reading this just bring ONE game to the show. 140 people have contributed to this thread. If everyone just brought one, thats 140 games right there. If half the participants of this thread could bring 2 thats 210 games.
    Worried about people beating on your games?
    Security was on top of it. I did not see any egregious behavior at any point in the show. (One guy smacked a lockdown bar one time, and was reminded that wasn't his machine, he profusely apologized.)
    Worried about games breaking down?
    Aardvark, super knowledgeable, super reasonable, and always helpful.
    Think your games are too nice to bring for free play?
    Fair enough, only you can judge that, but go grab a beater game off of craigslist, have fun fixing it up, get it playing well and try and sell it at the show. You have a year, plenty of time to find a good deal and get it looking great for the show.
    Lets make this the best show in the country.

#1112 7 years ago
    Quoted from ejacques:

Yes, it's a ton of work to keep them running at a show.

Ed, I'd disagree with that statement based on my own experience as head of the repair crew: the vast majority of games seemed to hold up just fine over the 40+ hours of the show. There were a few "stinkers" that were essentially inoperable for most of the show, but perhaps those should not have been set up in the free play area in the first place.

If you have a game that's in good operating condition by all means consider bringing it to the show; chances are good it will do just fine, and if not, there are lots of knowledgeable folks on hand to get it back in running condition.

#1113 7 years ago

True ... I guess I meant that it requires you to check in on your games every so often.

Quoted from jadziedzic:

Ed, I'd disagree with that statement based on my own experience as head of the repair crew: the vast majority of games seemed to hold up just fine over the 40+ hours of the show. There were a few "stinkers" that were essentially inoperable for most of the show, but perhaps those should not have been set up in the free play area in the first place.
    If you have a game that's in good operating condition by all means consider bringing it to the show; chances are good it will do just fine, and if not, there are lots of knowledgeable folks on hand to get it back in running condition.

#1114 7 years ago

Does anybody know who owned the TZ in the FP area? It had some great color changing leds in the clock and door. I would love to know what they were.

#1115 7 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

Does anybody know who owned the TZ in the FP area? It had some great color changing leds in the clock and door. I would love to know what they were.

That was Tony's.

#1116 7 years ago

And my judging panel awarded it a Blue Ribbon for Best DMD in show.

Dave (Doc)

Quoted from dannunz:

That was Tony's.

#1117 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

That was Tony's.

That TZ plays real nice. I almost got to LiTZ for the second year in a row....

#1118 7 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

I believe the color-changing LEDs I used in the clock and door knob inserts were originally sold by Pinball Life, but it doesn't appear they sell an equivalent product at this time. You might try the CoinTaker variety (http://cointaker.com/products/ct-color-changer); I don't know if the "fast" version matches the speed of the ones I used on my TZ.

#1119 7 years ago
    Quoted from jadziedzic:

I believe the color-changing LEDs I used in the clock and door knob inserts were originally sold by Pinball Life, but it doesn't appear they sell an equivalent product at this time. You might try the CoinTaker variety (http://cointaker.com/products/ct-color-changer); I don't know if the "fast" version matches the speed of the ones I used on my TZ.

I had bought those Pinball life color changers many years ago for my LOTR Palantir. I was so happy I bought a couple of extras in #555 wedge and #47 bayonet. I'm so glad I did because last year I noticed they did not sell them anymore.

#1120 7 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

I had bought those Pinball life color changers many years ago for my LOTR Palantir. I was so happy I bought a couple of extras in #555 wedge and #47 bayonet. I'm so glad I did because last year I noticed they did not sell them anymore.

00e178b3bfc6e63946bd2d13e625c55f_(resized).jpg00e178b3bfc6e63946bd2d13e625c55f_(resized).jpg

#1121 7 years ago

No, just a hoarder

#1122 7 years ago

Went and played TWZ and TAF at barcades today. They don't work as well as Tony's and the games are over within 30 seconds. *sniffle* I have to wait another year to play a decent game.

#1123 7 years ago
    Quoted from kvolak:

Went and played TWZ and TAF at barcades today. They don't work as well as Tony's and the games are over within 30 seconds. *sniffle* I have to wait another year to play a decent game.

Those are tough games to keep running in tip top shape. Of course Tony is a tech so his games are working properly and dialed in.

#1124 7 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

First off, I mean this in the nicest way possible, but many of you locals (100 miles or less) need to step up your game to keep this show afloat. H

I really wanted to bring my 2 games over, but it just didn't work out with several other things going on at the same time. My Hot Shot wouldn't have been a big issue, but my Road Show is a monster and literally 1 inch narrower than the doorway into my basement. I was also having DMD issues, and the ColorDMD replacement arrived on that Friday. Bummed I couldn't bring it and get the $50 back, but such is life.

#1125 7 years ago
    Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

I really wanted to bring my 2 games over, but it just didn't work out with several other things going on at the same time. My Hot Shot wouldn't have been a big issue, but my Road Show is a monster and literally 1 inch narrower than the doorway into my basement. I was also having DMD issues, and the ColorDMD replacement arrived on that Friday. Bummed I couldn't bring it and get the $50 back, but such is life.

1 inch of clearance? You lead such a pampered life! My doors have 0.2 inches and -2 inches if clearance

#1126 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Those are tough games to keep running in tip top shape. Of course Tony is a tech so his games are working properly and dialed in.

Yeah, one barcade is trying and you can tell the guy likes taking care of them. And the other one is a millenial crapfest. It's where pinball games go to hate themselves and die.

#1127 7 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

1 inch of clearance? You lead such a pampered life! My doors have 0.2 inches and -2 inches if clearance

I should be so lucky! Whenever I get a new game not only do I need to remove the door I have to remove the entire door jamb then rebuild it!

#1128 7 years ago
    Quoted from Daniml:

I should be so lucky! Whenever I get a new game not only do I need to remove the door I have to remove the entire door jamb then rebuild it!

I would do it in a more permanent way....any way to put in a larger door?

#1129 7 years ago

https://pintasticnewengland.com/shop/ Pintastic shirts still available here. We have a limited supply of these. 2x and 3x have been ordered. Coming in in 2 weeks.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

[edit]: link fixed

#1130 7 years ago

Link above is hosed. I think it's supposed to be

https://pintasticnewengland.com/shop/

#1132 7 years ago

Thanks orders that have been placed on line will be filled as soon as I get the larger shirts in. I will be adding extra swag to cover shipping like a poster and last years key chain and a 2015 shirt if I have your size.

#1133 7 years ago

I would do it in a more permanent way....any way to put in a larger door?

Hey Dave - Yes, the next step is to cut into the concrete walls and remove 2" on either side then install a new 30" door and frame (that's as large as I can fit leading to the basement). I believe my wife was hesitant to do so sooner knowing that restricted access would limit the number of pins I brought home.

#1134 7 years ago
    Quoted from Daniml:

Hey Dave - Yes, the next step is to cut into the concrete walls and remove 2" on either side then install a new 30" door and frame (that's as large as I can fit leading to the basement). I believe my wife was hesitant to do so sooner knowing that restricted access would limit the number of pins I brought home.

I have a concrete saw I will be right over. Lol

#1135 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

I have a concrete saw I will be right over. Lol

LOL, nothing! What are you laughing at? I just may take you up on your "generous offer"! The easier it is for me to remove pins the more likely I can bring them to Pintastic next year!!!!

#1136 7 years ago
    Quoted from Daniml:

LOL, nothing! What are you laughing at? I just may take you up on your "generous offer"! The easier it is for me to remove pins the more likely I can bring them to Pintastic next year!!!!

How thick is the consrete?

#1137 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

https://pintasticnewengland.com/shop/ Pintastic shirts still available here. We have a limited supply of these. 2x and 3x have been ordered. Coming in in 2 weeks.

[edit]: link fixed

Had my grey T-shirt on today, liked that one the best and actually fits well..

#1138 7 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

Had my grey T-shirt on today, liked that one the best and actually fits well..

I agree. The black one appears to require me to wear shoulder pads.

#1139 7 years ago

My gameroom is finally back together after Pintastic! They will be resting with limited play till next years show.

#1141 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I picked up a parted project T2 at Pintastic, which I'll be bringing back to life:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t2-project-putting-together-a-game-that-was-parted

Good to here! I'm interested to hear how it goes being a Dmd and all. Hope you sell your other game one of these days. Maybe put it into the auction next year.

#1142 7 years ago

BREAKING NEWS - Ed is an idiot - i actually just used that water bottle from the bank you had to spin to win - what an awesome water bottle - it breaks in half so you can get ice in it - and here it took me 5 minutes to get the paper out through the drinking hole up top (thinking what were they thinking sticking that in there) - boy what an idiot i am. i have to admit though it is a great water bottle - i am going on line to try to buy more of these. this just made the show even better. thanks ed

#1143 7 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

I had as much clearance as zacaj above for most of my games, but my Escape From The Lost World with the cheap Bally pressboard cabinet just wouldn't fit. I had to bite the bullet and remove the head. Going to have to take it off again to get it out of the basement.

#1144 7 years ago
    Quoted from edcianci:

BREAKING NEWS - Ed is an idiot - i actually just used that water bottle from the bank you had to spin to win - what an awesome water bottle - it breaks in half so you can get ice in it - and here it took me 5 minutes to get the paper out through the drinking hole up top (thinking what were they thinking sticking that in there) - boy what an idiot i am. i have to admit though it is a great water bottle - i am going on line to try to buy more of these. this just made the show even better. thanks ed

Webster first is awesome! They financed 2 machines this year. They will be back in full force next year. They will be making the financing more appealing next year now that they got some feed back from people.

#1145 7 years ago
    Quoted from Alan_L:

I had as much clearance as zacaj above for most of my games, but my Escape From The Lost World with the cheap Bally pressboard cabinet just wouldn't fit. I had to bite the bullet and remove the head. Going to have to take it off again to get it out of the basement.

One of my rooms the builders accidentally put a closet sized doorway on, so only a wedgehead will fit through. Of course, this is the room where all the modern games with fold down heads always end up, so I've developed a system of unscrewing the hinges, but leaving the cables attached, and twisting the head 90 degrees

#1146 7 years ago
    Quoted from edcianci:

BREAKING NEWS - Ed is an idioted

Ed - In the hopes of making you feel better not only did I not notice it as well but I filled the bottle three times before I realized there was a piece of paper in it. Imagine how hard it was for me to get that soggy piece of paper out that 1" opening!

#1147 7 years ago
    Quoted from Daniml:

Ed - In the hopes of making you feel better not only did I not notice it as well but I filled the bottle three times before I realized there was a piece of paper in it. Imagine how hard it was for me to get that soggy piece of paper out that 1" opening!

good to know - i am trying to buy some of these on line - looks like they have to be ordered in 48 count - i might do it as we are a family of 7 and my kids lose things like crazy. thanks

#1148 7 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

so I've developed a system of unscrewing the hinges, but leaving the cables attached, and twisting the head 90 degrees

That doesn't sound like a bad idea. If I can imagine it right, it you would need two or three guys, especially since I have to take it right up a flight of basement stairs after going through the door. Thanks for the idea.

#1149 7 years ago

Well, an update on my comment regarding the hotel....I had stated the hotel staff at the desk were cool when they told my friend and I there would be no charge for the room when we decided not to stay (even though we had expected to just eat the cost). The staff member at the desk stated, not once, but three times ; "Don't worry, there will be no charge since you never used the room, I will take it off"....

So I will say instead of being cool, she was either poorly trained or apparently clueless....or both...As I was charged, and felt like an idiot when I called the hotel to inquire today, as I would have had a more productive conversation with a dead squirrel.

I could have persuaded it further, and maybe brought up the awful bleach like smell in the hallways, hole in the hotel room wall, and so on and so forth...but it was only $116, so screw it...

Sorry, just rubbed me the wrong way dealing with that nonsense... If I was to actually stay on a future visit, it would never be at the host hotel.....

I will clarify, after being asked to: The hotel has a 48hr cancelation policy. They also take zero responsible for poorly trained staff that give guests incorrect information, and if this representative of the hotel had not stated false facts to us there never would have been an issue.

There are 1,192 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pintastic-new-england-show-2016-thread/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.