The show was great. Hotel itself my friends, kids and I all felt was decent and if not better than others I've stayed at recently. Don't change that Gabe. You will raise too many new questions and problems. Just keep tweaking your show as you have been and it will consistently get better every year.
• Improve foot traffic to the vendor area, by mixing free play machines with vendor areas throughout the show.
• Bigger signage, and maybe electric signage describing what is located where.
• Move the tournament to the vendor hall, this will allow more people to see the tournament, and also increase vendor foot traffic.
• Raffles you need to be there when your name is called. If not there at that moment, you lose..
• Somehow, create a parts table that a staffer runs, this will then provide replacement parts that are likely to fail in the free play area. The show can inflate the price a bit, but not to the point where you feel like you're being taken advantage of.
What I think worked great?
• Free play games still going late Saturday. This has always been the greatest complaint at all shows. Genius idea raffling off the pin for games still left. Please continue this tradition if possible.
• Love the family atmosphere. My 9 year old attended his first show here, and had a blast. No reason to expand the kids / family stuff but definitely don't scale it back.
• Stern Staff, having the ability to casually converse with the stern staff really was great, and was something I haven't experienced in a pinball show before. Lyman, and Ritchie both gave me great insight into the inner workings of Stern and both were impressive.
• Hotel Staff, and staff at the concession were very friendly, and the food was quick to come out. Nice to be able to buy a beer and walk around the show with it.
• Auction, was fun and had some good deals, hopefully this returns as well.
• Hotel grounds, were well kept, free mini golf and pool was a great break for the family.
• Web Site this year was a HUGE improvement over last year. Electronic payments, and checkins seemed to be greatly improved as well. Great job here.
• Pinball Sales truck with the project pins was just what the flea market needed. Hopefully they return next year.
Great job Gabe, and all his staff. Can't wait till next year.