3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,192 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 373 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpg
    Taxman-bad_hair_day_(resized).jpg
    Randy_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    00e178b3bfc6e63946bd2d13e625c55f_(resized).jpg
    Boob_(resized).jpg
    DSC02411_(resized).JPG
    DSC02407_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg

There are 1192 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 24.
    #751 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We stayed at the palatial and beautiful Super 8 next door, which was really nice and newly renovated.
    I heard many complaints about musty rooms, and generally it seems like the host hotel is a bit of a dump that hasn't been overhauled since the carter administration based upon the carpets and ceiling. Seems like they could up their game a little hopefully sometime soon.
    I'll be back at the super 8 next year.
    On the plus side the host hotel was on it's game for concessions and beers and it's undeniable that it's nice having the show at an actual hotel. But it might be time to upgrade that shag.

Did you notice the parking lot spots were lined this year? The hotel has sold their partner hotel that was spending all the money. You will see upgrades year to year now very exciting. Yes I am awake and feeling good. Putting key people in important positions made Pintastic fun for me as well this year! Big ThankYou coming soon.

#752 3 years ago
    Quoted from DRDAVE:

Modern: Dave Madore for his 2013 Stern Metallica
    (Didn't have the chance to snap a picture of this one. Please post one if you snapped one)

Here's a pic of our Best in Show winner for Modern - Dave Madore's Metallica!
    image_(resized).jpeg

#753 3 years ago

Thanks again for a great show Gabe and the pintastic crew..see you next year

#754 3 years ago

Great show Gabe, you put a lot of thought & effort into making it the best show you could & you did a great job! Thank you!

My daughter & I really enjoyed playing all the quality games there. Your Theatre of Magic was awesome & my daughters favorite of the show. That says a lot, beating out Hobbit & Ghostbusters when I would ask her what she wanted to play (although they were probably close 2nd's).
    Great job getting games to stay for the duration. 11pm Sat night had a good number of games still going. Heck, Ghostbusters was still going this morning when we left. I liked the venue being right in the hotel & really hope the hotel rooms are better by the time the next show comes around (not that we were in them much).

I don't want to compare it to any other show, it stands on it's own as a show I want to come back to.

I was there from Thursday 4pm until 11pm Sat night. Still felt that it wasn't enough time to do everything I wanted to do. Met up with a lot of Pinsiders, great to talk with everybody. Too many to name without leaving someone out. Definitely falls in the category of wish I had more time.
    I only got to hear Jack speak a little, I'm always torn about listening to seminars & playing/talking/shopping. Seminars usually lose in that scenario. I did get to talk briefly with Steve Ritchie, thanked him for making some great games, he didn't miss a beat, peeked at my name badge & says I made them for you Robert. I'm sure he has probably used that line a million times, but it's still fun to hear.

I was telling my daughter how great it was to be a part of a hobby where they have shows like this, where the vendors, players, coders, designers and even owners of pinball companies come out and participate. These people love what they do and if they don't, they sure hide it well. Everyone talks to you as a friend and are enthusiastic about the hobby.

We had a fantastic weekend, and if you missed the BBQ place, you really missed out!

#755 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

What sort of play counts did everyone get?
    Play counts for my game (dynomite) :
    Thur: 35
    Fri: 144
    Sat: 220
    Total: 399 plays for the show, without a single problem.

763 total plays on my Twilight Zone Thursday through Saturday. It was down for a few minutes to re-lube the rocket kicker pivot and clear up a ball hang under the mini-playfield. I didn't get counts from Addams Family or Revenge from Mars, but they seemed to be just as busy as TZ. I think I cleared a ball hang on TAF on Saturday; RFM was trouble-free the entire show.

There's probably an official game count for my Creature in the tournament room...

Tony

#756 3 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

The high offer on kicker right now is only $105... A bargain in the waiting! Stop by my booth if you want to get the deal. Reports from the free play room say it is playing well.
    -Rob
    -visit me at Pintastic or at http://www.kahr.us to get my Daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets.

My wife is really happy that Kicker found a new home and it turned out to be a fun way to make sure the machine sold. In the end it sold for $275... afterward the buyer and I toasted over a beer and spent at least an hour playing some two player games on 8 Ball and TZ.

Also, I traded a MezelMods certificate Kicker won for one someone else won (a fellow Pinsider) for Cointaker. Both me and the trader ended up with what we really wanted so win-win there as well.

Thanks everyone who came by and talked to me about the boards I make!

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

#757 3 years ago
    Quoted from rcbrown316:

This was our fourth show. We really only had two complaints and they were not even about the show. Our room was very musty smelling and the bar was missing a bartender 2 of the 3 times we tried to get a drink. That's it. Some things I noticed that really made it awesome:
    1. incredibly well organized with tons of different stuff to do/buy. Gabes attention to every detail was outstanding
    2. having it at the hotel was fantastic for many reasons
    3. having free play open til 2am? insane!!!!
    4. the percentage of games that were set up fast with strong flippers and operational was huge compared to what we have seen. we got to play WAY more games even though there weren't nearly as many as other shows. Overall the quality of the games was superior
    5. the omelette I had was the best ever
    6. beelzeboob introduced me to a bunch more people. Thanks Randy!
    7. met trudeau and ritchie. awesome!
    8. courteous staff at the hotel
    9. teddy g's was really good
    10. it did not feel congested with regards to getting to playing all the different games
    11. the location was super easy to get to even though we are 5.5 hours away
    12. after party food was fantastic
    the only regret i had was that we came home empty handed. i somewhat attribute that to the stringent policy on taking free play games out early but I totally respect the need to have that. next year I will try to stay the extra day as we had to leave sat am.

I like to set my games to play fast and be challanging...most of you all know how to play well no point to make it easy!

#758 3 years ago

I want to thank a few people, First of Gabe Amazing job getting all of us orginzed and getting a good location to do this. All the volunteers who worked the show thank you. You make it possible to even do. To everyone who brought a game to share in the free-play room. You guys rock. With out the games there would be no point! Found some great examples of many titles and eras in pinball. I think just about every type of machine, era, and maker was represented. Played a few rare and hard to find ones too. Thank you to the vendors who come to the show. I know its a lot to pack and move to the show and I thank you so much....

I had a great time, left with a couple new Pins for my game room. All in all a great weekend and I am recooked to return next year!

1 Question for the Judges, since I hope to bling out BOP2.0, What era does that count as now?????

#759 3 years ago

Gabe did a great job putting together this job and the volunteers did a great job as well ! I was glad to see the games stay really late on Saturday and that Lego Vender was awesome ! my kids had a ball going through and buying some .

I did notice a lot more kids then last year which is great !

I cant wait for next year and have another great year !

#760 3 years ago
    Quoted from jadziedzic:

763 total plays on my Twilight Zone Thursday through Saturday. It was down for a few minutes to re-lube the rocket kicker pivot and clear up a ball hang under the mini-playfield. I didn't get counts from Addams Family or Revenge from Mars, but they seemed to be just as busy as TZ. I think I cleared a ball hang on TAF on Saturday; RFM was trouble-free the entire show.
    There's probably an official game count for my Creature in the tournament room...
    Tony

138 total in qualifying attempts. Probably another 15 in finals. Then the tournament afterparty for everyone I would easily add another couple hundred. Our Ghistbusters in the tournament room logged 789 plays over the weekend. Only audit I thought to keep track of unfortunately.

Thanks again for letting us use that Tony!

-Jim

#761 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

In reading all the way through the threads for the Allentown show and the Pintastic show, I notice a completely different feel between the two. I've never been to either one:
    1. Allentown show seems to be a bit bigger, with lots more machines being sold.
    2. Allentown show had quite a large flea market, a smaller scale at Pintastic.
    3. Lots and lots of negative comments about machines leaving the free play area early at Allentown, and not one single negative comment about that at Pintastic.
    4. Several negative comments about 'enthusiastic' staffer's at Allentown, not one negative comment along the same regards at Pintastic.
    5. Lots of comments about game pricing at Allentown, haven't noticed it for Pintastic.
    I'm guessing there are several Pinside members that attend both shows, and that both shows have their strong points and weak points. If a person could only attend one of the events, and both were equal travel time, how do you choose which one to go to?

Allentown and its 8 times as far travel distance. Pintastic: Hats off to guys for traveling so far and a friend of mine brought 12 games. Pinfest: Thumbs down to the overzealous staff. I love the flea market and more of my pinball friends are in Allentown so is an easy call for me. The prices on games vary show to show, Year to year, but I know nothing about SS pins just EM.

#762 3 years ago

I'll bring this up with my judging staff but my first thought is that it would be under a new category we could add for next year:
    Best Custom.

And if not a new category then it would fall under the Best Modern category.

Quoted from mainelycoasters:

1 Question for the Judges, since I hope to bling out BOP2.0, What era does that count as now?????

#763 3 years ago
    Quoted from DRDAVE:

I'll bring this up with my judging staff but my first thought is that it would be under a new category we could add for next year:
    Best Custom.
    And if not a new category then it would fall under the Best Modern category.

Hmmm That could be interesting if we can have a few others in that category as well.

#764 3 years ago

great thanks to all who helped make the show happen - i brought 7 games for free play and wanted to sell 2 - i wanted to sell 8 ball and comet - comet sold and 8 ball came home. i brought tommy, a new 60 and 1, lil pro (it replaced Superman as i couldn't get Superman out my basement door. Taxi with the clear coated playfield, and an em night rider which hadn't been played in 20 plus years.

i couldn't find my file to get night rider to have more bounce, but it still held up and was fine - i also couldn't find a power ball for it as i gave them all away - i always put power balls in my em machines to speed them up. got one call that 8 ball had a rubber break and somebody from the staff fixed it - otherwise the games all did great.

Cudos to the staff as i showed up Thursday night with a trailer full of games and no time to unload - Gabe got people to get them out of the trailer so i could get out of there. the staff then set the games up (2 of them had the heads off) - one they even had to drill the lock out as i lost the key. they did a great job

a side note on the Comet - this is what i call the good of the hobby - Dr Dave sold it to somebody for $800, that person sold it to a different Dave for $800, Dave then sold it to me for $800, and i sold it to Gerry (if my memory is correct) for $800. That's a great thing how we all buy it - enjoy it - get sick of it, and then pass it on.

I went to the show on Friday to spend some time with a friend - expected to stay 1-2 hours as life is a little crazy right now - i stayed a good 6 hours - i loved the dutch game TBL, also really enjoyed Rob's Zombie game, and lastly loved GB enough to want one. Thanks to whoever brought the 2 GB. I also played Kiss for the first time and actually liked it.

i spent about $300 on raffles, bought a 1 cent antique gum dispenser thing that i just had to have after seeing it, and lastly got to have dinner at Friendly's with friends from out of state that i never see, but always talk on the phone with.

Great show - to those afraid to bring games - use me as an example - i can't fix anything and i still brought 7 games - and had no issues at all, also no fears as i even left all my keys in the games in case somebody needed to get in them - i did check to make sure there wasn't 3k inside one of the games - that's an inside thing for somebody who was buying a game off me and i left 3k in it. my pinball machines used to be where i stored my cash for pinballs.

thanks again to everybody - one thing to look at next year is having staff available to help people like me load to get out of there - after 3 days though i understood the staff just needed to relax as they worked there butts off.

thanks ed

#765 3 years ago
    Quoted from mainelycoasters:

Hmmm That could be interesting if we can have a few others in that category as well.

i've got a couple of those.

#766 3 years ago
    Quoted from edcianci:

Cudos to the staff as i showed up Thursday night with a trailer full of games and no time to unload - Gabe got people to get them out of the trailer so i could get out of there. the staff then set the games up (2 of them had the heads off) - one they even had to drill the lock out as i lost the key. they did a great job
    a side note on the Comet - this is what i call the good of the hobby - Dr Dave sold it to somebody for $800, that person sold it to a different Dave for $800, Dave then sold it to me for $800, and i sold it to Gerry (if my memory is correct) for $800. That's a great thing how we all buy it - enjoy it - get sick of it, and then pass it on.
    thanks ed

Yeah I was the one who bought the Comet. Thanks Ed, I am passing it on to someone who was looking for a nice one,
    Actually myself and Joe "cyroute" Hauled all those pins in for you, Gabe myself and couple others set them all up, I couldn't believe Night Rider fired right up, I looked like it hadn't been run for quite some time, Eight ball I thought for sure was going to be dead, all connectors were dirty and disconnected, but she fired right up, We wanted to take that one home but just did not have space in the trailer. I brought 5 pins in and Rob ( fellow from Australia) bought them all 1/2 hr after I set them up, Was really pleased he left them for freeplay all weekend, big thanks to him. sure will miss my Operation thunder though, Did a little volunteering and had a great time with great new friends made, ended up bringing one of the Ghostbusters home that Automated had on freeplay all weekend.

#767 3 years ago

I brought 12 games. Sharkeys was a challenge and I ended up pulling it before Saturday. It should be playing again shortly. City slicker did the same thing about half way through the day Sat. The rest seemed to hold up as well as could be expected.

I have bigger plans for next year. Those details will come soon !

#768 3 years ago

3 or 4 of the plays on your City Slicker were from me. Thanks for bringing it. I hadn't ever played that one before, and really enjoyed it.

#769 3 years ago

Thank you to all who came up to me during the show about both my seminar and games. The games are a labor of love for the hobby and being recognized for all the hard work makes those long hours in the shop all worth it. I thought there were some really nice examples in the 60's category (Flipper Clown comes to mind) and 70's (Blue Chip and C-37). Dr. Dave and crew spent a lot of their show on judging games and deserve a round of applause.

Compared to some of the more prominent names in the hobby, my was more grass roots. For those who did attend, I hope you got something out of my experiences and it will help you in the future. I talk a lot with my hands, but the intent came from the heart. Thanks to my friends who attended and supported me ...even JRPinball who fell asleep (I think). Others who I didn't know asked good questions and were engaged in the discussion. Thanks to Dave Marston for allowing me to have my own hour and participate in the repair forum with Tony and Lloyd who are both just a wealth of knowledge when it comes to repair and restoration. I was so impressed with both of them and it was an absolute honor to be on the panel with them representing the EM side of the hobby. If you haven't had the chance to meet and talk with Tony and Lloyd make sure you make a point of doing it. Both are super nice and very engaging. ...Lloyd, How do I get a 2016 mug? I missed getting one.

Lastly, thanks to Gabe and the crew for an awesome show. It's so much work for all involved and there are only a handful of people who are willing to do it. Hope the vendors did well and the show was successful enough to keep it going for years to come. The venue, although old and somewhat dated, is perfect for a pinball show. You park and leave your truck for the entire weekend. That's awesome.

#770 3 years ago

Another amazing show from Gabe and crew! My buddy and I bought the "Super Pass" and showed up on Saturday morning to get our game on.

There were a lot of titles in the Free Play room this year that weren't represented last year, so that was definitely a treat. "Lights, Camera, Action", the woodrails and all the EMs were especially neat. There was also a gorgeous "Taxi" which I was very tempted to buy but wasn't quite ready to pull the trigger on. the96stang had some great games at very reasonable prices; the LED'ed Chicago Coin Showtime for $300 was almost too good to pass up. I can't even imagine the amount of work that goes into packing up and hauling all these games around, so a massive THANKS to everybody involved in contributing to the free play area. Just about everybody was courteous in taking their turns on the games, though people walking away from incomplete games could get annoying. I think a lot of it are kids who walk up to the games, press Start over and over and aren't really sure what's happening. I observed one poor soul forced to plunge through an incomplete newly started 6-Player Batman Forever game...

Seminars were great, as always. I attended the tech tips seminar, John Trudeau, Steve Richie and Jersey Jack seminars also. During the Jersey Jack seminar there was an impromptu free pizza party which was a great way to end the night. Earlier in the day Steve randomly stopped me outside the Men's room to talk pinball, it was equally surprising and hilarious.

Vendor hall was awesome. Getting to play Big Lebowski and BOP 2.0 was really cool and they both played great! Allan Davidson's Defender looked like it just came out of the factory; beautiful. I tried finding playfield glass and a Space Shuttle manual/schematics but had no luck.

The auction room was a great idea to get more games at the show and make for an exciting event. There were a few poorly done Multicades and some of the games either weren't on, weren't working or not on free play. Regardless, it was fun to see the auction and how much each item went for. I'm surprised how little demand there is for Megatouches now. They're still great for home game rooms...

To echo everybody else's sentiments; BT Smokehouse is fantastic. I didn't realize the 2-meat platter would be so filling. Definitely check it out if you're in the area.

I didn't meet many pinsiders because it's very difficult to put a face to a user name. The only reason I knew who certain people were was through deduction. I think it would be great to have an organized Pinside meetup next year to make it easier for those who are new to the site and pinball hobby to get involved in the Pinside community.

Again, a huge THANK YOU to everybody involved in planning and executing Pintastic 2016. It was an amazing experience and I can't wait to do it again next year!

-Doug

#771 3 years ago
    Quoted from halflip87:

"Lights, Camera, Action",

That game was a blast to play...... I can cross it off my list of playing every SS game at least once

#772 3 years ago

Hats of to Brian "the96stang" 12 pins and he was busting his butt the whole time. we chatted a lot, he's got great plans for next year,
    Still can't believe he didn't sell that HS, that was a deal

#773 3 years ago

I waffled on that Yukon Brian had at the show. Had it been the original version and not the "Special" version, it would have been in my vehicle Still fun to play though, and much thanks for bringing it!

I favor older games and really enjoyed the wide selection of EMs again this year. Names I can remember being particularly fond of were the Melody, Square Head, Centigrade 37 and Cross Town but I loved them all. The CCI Kicker was fun and I put a couple bids on it.

I also enjoyed the various wood rails that were there and was psyched to actually confirm with good gameplay that the Chinatown did indeed light the Special if you spelled the word China. That was another one that almost made the trip home with me.

I also managed to score an Alien Poker playfield from the flea market for my Pinky and The Brain re-theme, so that was a big win!

Big thanks to the organizers and staff, the tech team, the vendors and everyone who made it another great show.

#774 3 years ago

Hey guys! New member here but I wanted to say that my family and I had a great time at Pintastic this past Saturday. My son (5), daughter (3) and wife all found things to do that interested them. I was also enthused to meet several Southern NH folks that are also into pinball. I hope to join a league or group soon. Thanks for such a nice event.

PS - Now I think I have to buy a machine...

#775 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrgregb123:

My one suggestion to Gabe and crew might be to have a number players can text to notify staff of issues with a game. There really was no posted procedure for this and sometimes the issue doesn't make the game unplayable, but could be just as important.

I'll note those suggestions on the "things to do better" list that I maintain. (All who attended can PM me with suggestions.) We should have had some signage about the repair tickets, and maybe extra distribution points for blank tickets. For your information, the white-paper repair tickets were available for anyone to fill out. I noticed that some people returned the whole ticket to the repair station, even though the design was that part of the form would stay on the game so that others would know it had been reported. I haven't seen a better system at any other show, but if you have, send me details. We processed quite a few tickets, in addition to the unticketed work, so I'm sure there was apositive effect on uptime. We saved the tickets in case we want to analyze them as part of our planning for next year.

Speaking of which, mark July 6-9, 2017 on your calendars and try to have a game you want to show off ready to bring next year!
    .................David Marston

#776 3 years ago

I try to visit either the York Show or Pinfest once a year. The Pinfest show has seemed to really get better year after year. This was my first year attending Pintastic and I was blown away. I made the 4+hr trek up from South Jersey with two of my sons and three games for free play. This show had it all from plenty of games, lots of vendors, seminars with great presenters and plenty of things for my sons to enjoy. You could tell this show was put on by people that are real Pinball enthusiasts and not someone just out to make a buck. Everything was well organized from the show pamphlets to the signage around the building.

The one thing that really stood out to me about this show is that it was really family friendly. The venue was perfect to bring the family for the weekend. There was much more to do outside of pinball for the family to occupy themselves. The kid’s activities were great like the face painting, clowns, tournament, rides, cartoonist etc.

If you can only go to one show a year this is the one to go to. Thank you to everyone who helped put this show together. I look forward to next year.

#777 3 years ago
    Quoted from 80spit:

Yeah I was the one who bought the Comet. Thanks Ed, I am passing it on to someone who was looking for a nice one,
    Actually myself and Joe "cyroute" Hauled all those pins in for you, Gabe myself and couple others set them all up, I couldn't believe Night Rider fired right up, I looked like it hadn't been run for quite some time, Eight ball I thought for sure was going to be dead, all connectors were dirty and disconnected, but she fired right up, We wanted to take that one home but just did not have space in the trailer. I brought 5 pins in and Rob ( fellow from Australia) bought them all 1/2 hr after I set them up, Was really pleased he left them for freeplay all weekend, big thanks to him. sure will miss my Operation thunder though, Did a little volunteering and had a great time with great new friends made, ended up bringing one of the Ghostbusters home that Automated had on freeplay all weekend.

Night Rider hadn't been used in over 20 years - Wednesday night i set it and had to free up a few coils - i just couldn't find my file to get more bounce on the slings - but em machines are great as they never die. 8 ball i have had for so long i don't even remember where i got it - it's been in my basement not set up for over 1 year - but i knew it would be fine. Gabe must have been saying he has all those great games and he brings these 2 - i would love to help and bring some from my upstairs game room - but it's too hard to get them down.

So the last 2 years have been games i keep in the basement - i can say i never saw Tommy free the whole time i was there, and also the taxi seemed to never be free also. that is my clear coated taxi that plays great. the lil pro seemed to be a hit - i wasn't planning on selling it - but a gentleman who bought my granny and the gators made a fair offer so i just sold it as i got into the mode of one less i have to move.

if anybody wants the 8 ball now before i bring it back into my basement it's $500. just a cheap fun game. Next year i have to get Superman there so people can see what a great game it is when it's clear coated and has a powerball. it's in the basement - but i couldn't get it through the door - the head was too wide.

thanks ed

#778 3 years ago
    Quoted from edcianci:

i can say i never saw Tommy free the whole time i was there

Ed, that was yours? I got a few games in on it

#779 3 years ago

yes and it used to be yours - how did it play now - thanks ed

#780 3 years ago

Gabe & Co. weren't lying when they said the show would be bigger and better than last year. Well done ! I don't know what I can add that hasn't been said already but thanks to one and all that participated in any way, shape, or form to make this a great time for not only pinheads but non-pinheads and kids. See you again next year !

#781 3 years ago
    Quoted from edcianci:

yes and it used to be yours - how did it play now - thanks ed

it played nice .... seemed much faster than I remember it

#782 3 years ago

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but John from John's arcade just put out a terrific video about Pintastic. Check it out!

#783 3 years ago

That Tommy was the only game I was wishing there was a card on. First time I have played that title and I would have wanted to take it home

#784 3 years ago

I had a great time! Saw a lot of old friends and met a lot of new ones. We installed some NVRAM, although not as much as I had hoped. All of Gabe's games are safe, at least. Thanks, Gabe. One of the repair highlights was finding the factory defect on Gabe's STTNG. Balls kept stacking up in the left popper. It turned out to be the square tube, which had been welded slightly crooked from the factory. The balls were rattling in the tube instead of shooting straight up. I swapped the entire welded assembly with the one for the left cannon loader. Fortunately, the cannon loader exits at a different angle, and doesn't need as much ball speed, so the crooked one works in the gun loader location.

I know I was supposed to give a seminar, but I had so much to do to prep for the show, that I didn't have the time to put together a decent presentation. I didn't want to just get up there and wing it - that would have been painful indeed! Sorry about that.

It was great to hear all the comments about Defender, and a huge thrill for me when it won best in its category. I put so many hours into it...

Shout out to my good buddy DaveH for all your help in the booth. Thanks to Gabe and all the others involved in putting together a great show. I'm looking forward to coming back next year.

Oh, and Lexi Lightspeed. I got to see the inside of MultiMorphic's P3 system. I've been working on games for 30 years, and haven't seen anything like it. It's a brilliant design. I'm on the pre-order list and am very much looking forward to getting mine!

One of the bummers of being a vendor is that I missed so much of the rest of the show. Thanks, ForceFlow and others, for posting lots of pictures of the stuff I missed.

Allan

#785 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

That Tommy was the only game I was wishing there was a card on. First time I have played that title and I would have wanted to take it home

there was a card - somebody took it off - i believe it was the rude person who kept calling me - started at 1600, then 1650, then 1700, then 1750, then i stopped answering his calls as he knew what i wanted and was just wasting my time - sorry about that - thanks ed

#786 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vector:

I had a great time! Saw a lot of old friends and met a lot of new ones. We installed some NVRAM, although not as much as I had hoped. All of Gabe's games are safe, at least. Thanks, Gabe. One of the repair highlights was finding the factory defect on Gabe's STTNG. Balls kept stacking up in the left popper. It turned out to be the square tube, which had been welded slightly crooked from the factory. The balls were rattling in the tube instead of shooting straight up. I swapped the entire welded assembly with the one for the left cannon loader. Fortunately, the cannon loader exits at a different angle, and doesn't need as much ball speed, so the crooked one works in the gun loader location.
    I know I was supposed to give a seminar, but I had so much to do to prep for the show, that I didn't have the time to put together a decent presentation. I didn't want to just get up there and wing it - that would have been painful indeed! Sorry about that.
    It was great to hear all the comments about Defender, and a huge thrill for me when it won best in its category. I put so many hours into it...
    Shout out to my good buddy DaveH for all your help in the booth. Thanks to Gabe and all the others involved in putting together a great show. I'm looking forward to coming back next year.
    Oh, and Lexi Lightspeed. I got to see the inside of MultiMorphic's P3 system. I've been working on games for 30 years, and haven't seen anything like it. It's a brilliant design. I'm on the pre-order list and am very much looking forward to getting mine!
    One of the bummers of being a vendor is that I missed so much of the rest of the show. Thanks, ForceFlow and others, for posting lots of pictures of the stuff I missed.
    Allan

i can vouch for the amount of time he put into defender because i sold it to him many many years ago, and it was really really bad. thanks ed

#787 3 years ago

Haha, thanks Ed! And thanks again for schlepping some stuff for me in your trailer. You are always so generous with your time and resources. Truly a classy guy!

#788 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vector:

Allan, just so you know, my son has not stopped talking about your Defender since Fri. afternoon. It really made an impression on him. he loved the rule-set (understood it more than me, I think), and got a tremendous kick out playing it. Thanks for bringing it with you.

Paul

#789 3 years ago

Pintastic was Fantastic!

I brought 8 machines and all of them held up great. Only 3 repairs.... 1 broken wire on T2 flipper coil, a loosened Flipper bat on Taxi (I just rebuilt them 2 days before show) and the right sling on Cyclone started gunning so I re-gapped the switches (rubber was probably a little too tight). I felt good about that, as the games were played non stop.

Sorry, I know Jokerz was LOUD but the volume control was touchy.

I did put a price on all of them and didn't really care if I sold them or not, but ended up selling 7 of them (I'm glad I did now because I bought Ivan's Kiss). All the buyers were cool and left the machines for the show's duration.

Thanks to the whole team! Looking forward to next year already.

Mark

#790 3 years ago
    Quoted from albummydavis:

Allan, just so you know, my son has not stopped talking about your Defender since Fri. afternoon. It really made an impression on him. he loved the rule-set (understood it more than me, I think), and got a tremendous kick out playing it. Thanks for bringing it with you.
    Paul

I have to agree with your son, I had never played Defender before and really enjoyed it.....What a great pin! Of course it helps that it was Allan's pin, the game looked and played flawless!

#791 3 years ago
    Quoted from msjussaume:

Pintastic was Fantastic!
    I brought 8 machines and all of them held up great. Only 3 repairs.... 1 broken wire on T2 flipper coil, a loosened Flipper bat on Taxi (I just rebuilt them 2 days before show) and the right sling on Cyclone started gunning so I re-gapped the switches (rubber was probably a little too tight). I felt good about that, as the games were played non stop.
    I did put a price on all of them and didn't really care if I sold them or not, but ended up selling 7 of them (I'm glad I did now because I bought Ivan's Kiss). All the buyers were cool and left the machines for the show's duration.
    Mark

Hey Mark,

Great meeting you. I bought your cyclone. I still have to pick it up and my buddies house this Saturday. All your games played great. Thanks for bringing them.

Joe

#792 3 years ago
    Quoted from msjussaume:

Pintastic was Fantastic!
    Mark

I got a last minute dont load that Johnny deal!

#793 3 years ago

Thanks again to Gabe for putting together another fantastic show. My daughters who don't normally play a lot of pinball at home played a lot this weekend. I guess they liked the variety there better than in my basement. My Centigrade 37 got filmed on the (on the inside as well as the outside) for a pinball documentary, that was cool. It was nice seeing old friends and meeting some new ones as well. Really looking forward to attending and volunteering again next year.

#794 3 years ago

Oh that's who that film crew was. They filmed me attaching a Blue Ribbon to a best in show game. Right place right time on that one. =)

Where can we see this film when finished? Any details on it?

Dave (Doc)

Quoted from docquest:

Thanks again to Gabe for putting together another fantastic show. My daughters who don't normally play a lot of pinball at home played a lot this weekend. I guess they liked the variety there better than in my basement. My Centigrade 37 got filmed on the (on the inside as well as the outside) for a pinball documentary, that was cool. It was nice seeing old friends and meeting some new ones as well. Really looking forward to attending and volunteering again next year.

#795 3 years ago
    Quoted from msjussaume:

Pintastic was Fantastic!
    Mark

Mark,
    Sorry I missed you there I did see some of your games though.( could only come Friday for a little bit but it was still great) We need to set aside a night to do a little playing.

#796 3 years ago

They crew there made a documentary a few years ago called "the history of pinball" it was on AMC. The original was not in high definition so they want to update it with new HD material. Once it's done they still need to find a buyer so it might be a while til it sees the.light of day. You might be able to find the original if you search online. I bought a copy of it.on DVD at pintastic. I think I saw copies at Pin Wizard in Pelham.

#797 3 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

They crew there made a documentary a few years ago called "the history of pinball" it was on AMC. The original was not in high definition so they want to update it with new HD material. Once it's done they still need to find a buyer so it might be a while til it sees the.light of day. You might be able to find the original if you search online. I bought a copy of it.on DVD at pintastic. I think I saw copies at Pin Wizard in Pelham.

Pelham has 10-15 copies, at least they did when I was there in May. What a great place, btw.

#798 3 years ago

Many congrats Gabe and Co for pulling off another great year.

Sorry I could not make it. First vacation with my wife in a decade and she wanted to chill on a boat instead of hump games with me down to Sturbridge, le sigh.

Missed seeing you all.

Dr Dave, I will get to your house soon for those displays.
    Alan, same for that cab.

#799 3 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

That C37 was really nice...I was wondering whose it was.

Normally, I'm not much of an EM player, but I went back several times to that game--very challenging!

Was the playfield a restored original, a clear coated NOS, or something else?

#800 3 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Yup, I agree on the hotel. The hallways smell of mold and the carpeting throughout is pretty nasty. The building is in great need of lots of rehab. We have stayed there in years past going to Brimfield. As the years go by, you can see the decline in upkeep.

I absolutely agree, the hotel is disgusting for its neglect. They quoted me $20 to put a refrigerator in the room. On the plus side, it is conveniently located to many, and offers lots of space for pinball needs.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 5.00
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 25.00
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Lighting - Other
    Slap Save Creations
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 32.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 499.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Great American Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 126.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 115.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Merf's Pins
    There are 1192 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 24.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside