3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,192 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 373 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpg
    Taxman-bad_hair_day_(resized).jpg
    Randy_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    00e178b3bfc6e63946bd2d13e625c55f_(resized).jpg
    Boob_(resized).jpg
    DSC02411_(resized).JPG
    DSC02407_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg

There are 1192 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 24.
    #1 3 years ago

I'm still recovering from the Allentown show. Man, what a back breaker but a great time.

Pintastic New England is about 2 months away, so it's time to put some thought into this great event. I'm personally looking forward to Steve Ritchie and John Trudeau coming to this show.

Feel free to discuss what you plan to bring for free play, the after party, the Sanctum of CT run tournament, pinball designers and guest speakers, board repairs, video games, the vendors and just having a great time.

Please, No for sale spreadsheets, but want to buys and for sale projects and parts are okay. If you plan to list a game for sale in here, be sure to list it in the market place first.

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fpintasticnewengland.com%2Fgame%2F&h=yAQE5UvOL

#2 3 years ago

This will be my first show - really looking forward to attending!

Almost local for me coming from NH, but with parents about 30 mins south in CT. My wife will be out of town, but I am trying to get my son to come from LA to join me (lives walking distance from Button Mash!) - he's as hooked as me.

Now that my basement gameroom has settled down a bit, I may have room to add another machine. Thinking an EM may be in my future, though not really looking for a full-up project, more something mostly functional and in decent condition. I am fully comfortable with minor electrical and mechanical repairs, just no space or skillset for a full restore type project.

Which are the best days to attend to ensure good selection general play time?

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from markp99:

This will be my first show - really looking forward to attending!
    Almost local for me coming from NH, but with parents about 30 mins south in CT. My wife will be out of town, but I am trying to get my son to come from LA to join me (lives walking distance from Button Mash!) - he's as hooked as me.
    Now that my basement gameroom has settled down a bit, I may have room to add another machine. Thinking an EM may be in my future, though not really looking for a full-up project, more something mostly functional and in decent condition. I am fully comfortable with minor electrical and mechanical repairs, just no space or skillset for a full restore type project.
    Which are the best days to attend to ensure good selection general play time?

Both days were really good last year, but the first day always tends to be the best of any show. Gabe is the one running the show and is a heck of a nice guy, so everyone feels right at home. You'll have a great time playing and shopping. Have fun!

#4 3 years ago

Don't forget this year free play is open on Thursday from 6pm to 12pm. I am really discouraging games from leaving Thursday night. It is just a preview time for the general public. The vendor hall is closed for set up on Thursday. John Trudeau will be on site Thursday if you want to get some one on one time with him.

#5 3 years ago

I am really looking forward to the show it is a great one. Guys from the sanctum did an A1 job running the tournament last year and I expect he'll do the same this year!

#6 3 years ago

Don't forget to register your free play games before June 1st so you can get 2 tickets per game into the free play raffle. You can win one of 10 prizes each day your game is in free play. For a total of 20 prizes. All prizes are valued at $75 to $100 even $100 cash each day! That's $1800 worth of prizes folks!

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

I am really looking forward to the show it is a great one. Guys from the sanctum did an A1 job running the tournament last year and I expect he'll do the same this year!

2016 Pintastic Silverball Rumble info has just been posted!

https://pintasticnewengland.com/tournaments/

#8 3 years ago

Can't wait for a Pintastic and Phish packed weekend!

#9 3 years ago

Don't forget we are giving away a $4000 VPcabs virtual pinball machine to one luckey free play bringer. Your machine must be in free play at 10pm on Saturday when we draw the winner. Someone will go into the free play room and pull tickets off all the machines just before the drawing.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Don't forget to register your free play games before June 1st so you can get 2 tickets per game into the free play raffle. You can win one of 10 prizes each day your game is in free play. For a total of 20 prizes. All prizes are valued at $75 to $100 even $100 cash each day! That's $1800 worth of prizes folks!

Quoted from dannunz:

Don't forget we are giving away a $4000 VPcabs virtual pinball machine to one luckey free play bringer. Your machine must be in free play at 10pm on Saturday when we draw the winner. Someone will go into the free play room and pull tickets off all the machines just before the drawing.

Was watching the video of the freeplay area from last year... while it appears to hold a lot_ of machines, I don't think it is the size of Allentown. Is it possible the freeplay will fill up with registrations prior to 1 June? With the incentives to have machines in there 'sold out' seems it could become a possibility...

-Rob
    -visit me at Pintastic or at http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Was watching the video of the freeplay area from last year... while it appears to hold a lot_ of machines, I don't think it is the size of Allentown. Is it possible the freeplay will fill up with registrations prior to 1 June? With the incentives to have machines in there 'sold out' seems it could become a possibility...
    -Rob
    -visit me at Pintastic or at http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets

We have a back up room this year. More on that this weekend. Allentown maxes out at 300 games in free play. We can fit 230 in our free play room. Another 60 in our over flow room

#12 3 years ago

Let's try this in the right thread this time..

Can't remember if I saw this or note...is ColorDMD providing an incentive to Pintastic folks this year?

#13 3 years ago

Loved the Pingolf last year...Is anything like that happening again this year?

#14 3 years ago

I'll be bringing my test fixtures again, doing board repairs on site. I'll have some repaired boards for sale. Defender pinball will be there too, so folks can play this rare game. It's been restored (of course), and it's lots of fun to play.

Right now I can repair and test classic Bally / Stern, Williams (all levels), WPC, and Data East (except sound boards). I'm building a Stern SAM / Whitestar fixture and hope to have it ready for the show.

Allan

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from Arcadedl:

Can't remember if I saw this or note...is ColorDMD providing an incentive to Pintastic folks this year?

Good question. Probably. Randy loves to do show advertisements / incentives. I'm sure he'll chime in (especially if someone sends him a pm). I'm on my phone now and lame.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Good question. Probably. Randy loves to do show advertisements / incentives. I'm sure he'll chime in (especially if someone sends him a pm). I'm on my phone now and lame.

I'm working on this.

#17 3 years ago

Who you going to call! Come meet the man himself John Trudeau at Pintastic 2016!

image_(resized).jpg

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

We have a back up room this year. More on that this weekend. Allentown maxes out at 300 games in free play. We can fit 230 in our free play room. Another 60 in our over flow room

My Kicker is still in the garage; maybe I'll bring it up! Not sure how I would get it AND the grand prize home however...

-Rob

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

My Kicker is still in the garage; maybe I'll bring it up! Not sure how I would get it AND the grand prize home however...
    -Rob

VPcabs has very reasonable shipping.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from Arcadedl:

Yes, based on availability. We have displays in stock now but hard to say what the situation will be like end of June or beginning of July. If you want to purchase/exhibit at the show, you can email us at info@colordmd.com.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dmod:

Yes, based on availability. We have displays in stock now but hard to say what the situation will be like end of June or beginning in July. If you want to purchase/exhibit at the show, you can email us at info@colordmd.com.

You herd it here right from Randy himself. $50 back on your color DMD if it goes in free play at Pintastic 2016.

#22 3 years ago

Looking forward to this show. There are some other pretty interesting things to do nearby (Old Sturbridge Village comes to mind in particular).

Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

want to buys and for sale projects and parts are okay.

I'm hoping to find an RFM for under $2400.

I'd be pretty happy if I found a flea market ball bowler or EM gun game.

#23 3 years ago

Special Guests Announcement!

We are very excited to have the Connecticut and Massachusetts chapters of the Ghost Busters at Pintastic 2016! They will be set up across from automated and multiple GB pinball machines. They will be in full gear and have a replica containment unit and the famous Vigo full size painting with them!

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

#24 3 years ago

Dan are you one of the event coordinators? I have searched the site for information on the seminars, but I'm not coming up with much. Do you have an agenda or calendar you can share with us? It matters, as I probably won't be able to stay for all 3 days, and I want to plan my time accordingly.

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

Dan are you one of the event coordinators? I have searched the site for information on the seminars, but I'm not coming up with much. Do you have an agenda or calendar you can share with us? It matters, as I probably won't be able to stay for all 3 days, and I want to plan my time accordingly.

I am the founder of Pintastic. Dave Marston is the seminar coordinator. I will have him chime in. But I know he has a very tight sced. Of speakers and seminars set up already. Not published quite yet.

#26 3 years ago

Hey drsfmd, you can plan on the Friday seminars leaning more toward technology and repair, and Saturday being the more general interest topics. We don't plan to have seminars on Thursday - that day is just for the free play rooms opening up and setup for other rooms. In last year's schedule, our "late-breaking developments" time slot was late Saturday and stuffed with news; expect something similar this year.

Anyone reading this who wants to propose a seminar: we could handle 1-2 more, especially if the topic is about the coin-op business (or game-selling business), New England arcades of the past, playing techniques, or building a game of your own design. Presenters who live in New England are especially encouraged! If we get too many topics, that just puts us in a better position for the 2017 show.
    .................David Marston

#27 3 years ago

If all goes as planned, we will be closing on the sale of our old house about a week prior to Pintastic, which means my pinball budget will be fully restored and burning a hole in my pocket! I can't wait!!

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaWezl:

If all goes as planned, we will be closing on the sale of our old house about a week prior to Pintastic, which means my pinball budget will be fully restored and burning a hole in my pocket! I can't wait!!

Pintastic shopping spree beers are on you lol.

#29 3 years ago

Trying to make it !!!

Wife too, Maybe the dog and a Florida gator for the lake.

BzShdmYSKr-12_(resized).jpg

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Trying to make it !!!

Art you know we would love to have you buddy!!

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Trying to make it !!!

Squirt gun contest wouldn't be the same without you Art

#32 3 years ago

"Games On the Go" is teaming up with Pintastic

Ray Starego is Pintastics official game transport company. Ray will be hauling games to the show and transporting them from the show. A word from Ray......My company is "Games on the Go." I am an associate of Don Bosworth at Pinballs on the Move. Don helped me get into the transport arena with advise on delivery routes, trailer specifications, game transport safety. etc. My game transport is run with routes. After I get a few requests for transport in a certain geographic ( say New England area) I announce via various outlets and direct email an upcoming transport route. I am a pinball collector who does this transport to make a few bucks and to provide a much needed quality and most importantly a secure and safe service for the arcade collecting community. I am totally honest regarding costs, and pickup or delivery information. I am honored to be the official and only transport for the second annual Pintastic convention in Sturbridge MA. Please contact me for transports going to the show and from the show. See upcoming routes attached.

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/rutgersray

my username is rutersray

business_card_(resized).jpg

trailer_outside(1)_(resized).jpg

trailer_2_(resized).jpg

route1_(resized).jpg

route2_(resized).jpg

route3_(resized).jpg

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Art you know we would love to have you buddy!!

Thanks! For anyone remotely on the fence....GO! Its amazing!
    For others not thinking about going......Start! The Best Family and Fun Pinball Show!
    Stress Free FUN!!!! So much going on and Lobster!

Quoted from 80spit:

Squirt gun contest wouldn't be the same without you Art

Have to send the wife shopping this time!

It was our attempt at a Wet Tee shirt Contest outside...!!!
    Damn Hysterical, but for everyone else 60 year old men in Wet T shirts might not get it!

Hopefully, I will be celebrating my Retirement then!

That would mean I could be at my worst!.....(at least when my wife isnt around)

Get to Pintastic!

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Get to Pintastic!

I agree. Last year was a blast, and I'm really looking forward to this one.

#35 3 years ago

Free play games are getting registered! Remember if your game is in free play at 10 pm on Saturday you will be in the drawing for a VPcabs $4000 virtual pinball machine Pintastic special addition (powder coated armor and other bling) Here is how it works. Your free play game card will have a rip off ticket on it. At 10 pm on Saturday we will go into the free play room and rip off all those tickets. They will go into a spinner and we will pull the winner. You take your game home it's that simple.

image_(resized).jpg

#36 3 years ago

Unfortunately I'll be missing the show again this year. It is shutdown week for my company and as a controls technician, I am forced to work that week. Looks like I will never make this show.

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from yfz450:

Unfortunately I'll be missing the show again this year. It is shutdown week for my company and as a controls technician, I am forced to work that week. Looks like I will never make this show.

Do they make you work on Saturday as well? If your ever in the New England area hit me up. Swing by and play some pinball.

#38 3 years ago

Saturday I'm off, but not worth the drive up there for one day. Thanks for the offer of playing some pinball. One day I'll take you up on it.

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from yfz450:

Saturday I'm off, but not worth the drive up there for one day.

Sure it is!!

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from yfz450:

Saturday I'm off, but not worth the drive up there for one day. Thanks for the offer of playing some pinball. One day I'll take you up on it.

Make it 2 days...room under a pin to crash and sleep!

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from Radagast:

Loved the Pingolf last year...Is anything like that happening again this year?

We will be doing the main tournament this year with qualifying in Friday and Saturday this time followed by Saturday evening finals. We will not be able to run pingolf like we did last year as per new ifpa rules we would have to include a finals for the top 8 or so and that would collide with the main event finals. I definitely encourage you to out a qualifying attempt into the main event. Top 24 will play in a head to head finals.

-Jim

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from yfz450:

if you leave after work on Friday say 5pm you will get to the show at 10pm. Still 4 hours of playing pinball and partying. Than you get up Saturday morning and have from 9am to 2am again. Drive home Sunday. Plenty of time

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

if you leave after work on Friday say 5pm you will get to the show at 10pm. Still 4 hours of playing pinball and partying. Than you get up Saturday morning and have from 9am to 2am again. Drive home Sunday. Plenty of time

I'll think about it. Maybe I can make it work.

#44 3 years ago

Just added 2 more of my games to your list.

#45 3 years ago

Free play bringers please register your games. We are less than 2 months away from Pintastic 2016! I would like to see more DMD games get registered please. We are giving huge incentives this year to bring your best games. We have $7000 in cash and prizes up for grabs for people who put games in free play.

Our best in show contest will be announced soon. It will be tun by Dr. Dave this year. Ribbons will be awarded in all eras. So bring out your nice games for everyone to enjoy. Thanks Gabe
    https://pintasticnewengland.com/game/

#46 3 years ago

Good man Mainelycoasters! Every pin you bring is that much closer to your "second" VPCab!

#47 3 years ago

just registered a game ! yayyy !

#48 3 years ago

Thinking about making the 5 hour drive and then just sleeping in my truck Friday night. Hopefully I can save up some cash before the show.

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from ryandimx:

Thinking about making the 5 hour drive and then just sleeping in my truck Friday night. Hopefully I can save up some cash before the show.

Keep in mind that in order to get into the after party Friday night you need to be....staying at the hotel, bringing a game for free play, volenteer or be a vendor or sponsor.

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Keep in mind that in order to get into the after party Friday night you need to be....staying at the hotel, bringing a game for free play, volenteer or be a vendor or sponsor.

...or be the show organizer's official whipping boy.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 12,500.00
    $ 27.50
    € 279.00
    $ 169.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Lit Frames
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Apron Envy
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Latenight Weeknight Mods
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 57.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 64.00
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    € 339.00
    Displays
    GermanGamingSupplies.com
    $ 23.25
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 26.95
    There are 1192 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 24.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside