Gottlieb Snow Derby
I used Michaels acrylic craft paint
For this backglass, which was in rough shape, I first scraped and airbrushed a bunch of letters, numbers, and the white around the score reel windows (I used Createx air brush paints for that, but unfortunately didn't record the colors or mixes). Then I sealed the back with Triple Thick and then touched up the artwork over the Triple Thick. I then brushed on grey paint as a back mask over all but a small portion of the artwork (I purposely did not touch up the nose of the snowmobile and the rider's torso and head so that at least some of the artwork would remain translucent, even though it had some dots of paint missing also). This allowed me to touch up artwork to greatly improve it, but rendered it opaque, which was a good trade-off in this case.
The following backglass colors include areas originally opaque and areas originally translucent, all of which ended up opaque. The only exception was the snowmobile rider's yellow hair, which I touched up without backmasking, because the brushstrokes looked like hair.
-Backglass Flesh tone: Deep Coral satin straight from the bottle
-Backglass Orangish brown: Burnt Orange satin straight from the bottle
-Backglass Pinkish red: Cherry premium satin straight from the bottle
-Backglass orange mix (this turned out lighter than I wanted, but it looks a little like snow flying out from under the snowmobile anyway where I used it): 5 parts Dark Orange matte, 1 part Bright Yellow satin
-Backglass yellow mix: 10 parts Yellow satin, 3 parts Holiday Green satin, 10 parts Yellow premium satin
-Backglass dark blue: Peacock Blue matte straight from the bottle
-Backglass light blue mix: 11 parts Neon Blue matte, 2 parts White satin
-Backglass white mix: 5 parts White satin, 1 part Grey matte
Here are a couple "after" photos (the "before" photo I have doesn't really show how bad this one was to start).
IMG_1801 (resized).PNGIMG_1802 (resized).PNG