(Topic ID: 218106)

The Pinside Gratitude Thread (Who Are You Thankful For?)

By seshpilot

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by dmacy
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

170420_3505931_Matt_Foley__Van_Down_By_The_River (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

I'd like to make a thread inviting you to share who or what, in this hobby, you're thankful for.

I'll start by saying that I am incredibly thankful for cfh and his pinrepair docs/guides. Truly, Clay was among the first people to really document online how to fix games and I've learned so much from them. Thanks man.

#2 5 years ago

Great Thread!

vid1900 for all his excellent guides! Also, all the personal help he has offered.
    GRUMPY for all his technical help on my F-14 restoration.
    These people make Pinside and this hobby Great!!!!!!

#3 5 years ago

High_End_Pins for being great to do business with and extremely generous with sharing his valuable advice and lessons learned over years and years of restoring machines.

LTG for being quickest on the trigger to respond to all my idiotic questions/issues

Bryan_Kelly for sending me a back panel BSD decal and refusing to take any money for it and for also offering help on restoration things

ChrisHibler for being very generous with his board knowledge and offering help/advice free of charge on pinside

Alamo_Pin for being an old friend and dragging me into new depths of this hobby

There are countless others that offer so much help and patience when it comes to helping a brother out. Thank you Pinsiders.

#4 5 years ago

dmacy He sold me my first pin and answered about a million questions before I bought it. He ripped it apart and taught me just about everything I know about them. Oh and he puts up with my annoying "what do I do about this problem" text messages.

I made a great friend that day!

#5 5 years ago

Wow too many to list. Thanks to vid1900 and LTG, Ivan for making the Allentown show happen and Gabe for making Pintastic happen. Thanks to the countless pinsiders who helped me over the years by responding to my questions!

#6 5 years ago

A BIG thank you too Barry and Robin for creating Pinside!

And Clay, Vid, Grumpy, Cliffy, Quench and many, many more.

#7 5 years ago

I always enjoy reading the reviews from @caucasian2step. The most thorough reviewer on Pinside!

#8 5 years ago

Clive at the coin-op Cauldron for his board repair services along with Chris Hibler and others as well.

High End Pins and others such as Skypilot who photograph and document their unbelievable restorations.

And Robin for creating this pinball forum and making it what is today, the features this site has is priceless.

#9 5 years ago

Everybody, for keeping pinball alive

from the guy with only one game to Gary Stern, and everyone in the middle
    without who, pinball would have died 20 years ago

#10 5 years ago

Probably most appreciative of mjpinballs for stocking Stonehedge with 20-24 pins. If I didn’t start playing his machines I never would’ve got into the hobby or never would’ve known pinball had such an awesome subculture. Thanks Marvin!

#11 5 years ago

lodgingdolphin for selling me my first pin and answering my silly question.

McSquid for being an awesome dude and restoring my gf's grail

#12 5 years ago

Everyone that has helped in some way to my hobby. @gpe comes to mind for all the tech advice

#13 5 years ago

I gotta give it to to all the helpful techs here, you all have taught me so much!

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few, but off the top of my head: @quench, @GRUMPY, @cfh, @dothedoo, @Schwaggs, @zacaj, @bigal56, @forceflow, blownfuse (rip), G-P-E @ChrisHibler, @barakandl, @zaza, @inkochnito, @viperrwk, @wayout440, CactusJack and all the other awesome techs we're blessed with here at Pinside---y'all are the best!

#14 5 years ago

So many helpful people but GRUMPY has helped me so much and is so modest.it was nice when someone in the f14 thread found a plastic he needed and one of us could finally help him.

#15 5 years ago

All of Pinside has been extremely helpful to me throughout my years of lurking here but never posting.

And particularly, LTG. He's always great to talk to and had helped me tremendously with pinball and non-pinball related topics!

#16 5 years ago

22 years ago I tried to make my little corner of pinball a little better.

And what a journey it has been. Friend or foe. I am thankful for all who made my goal possible. I just hope I made a difference.

LTG : )

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

22 years ago I tried to make my little corner of pinball a little better.

You made everybody else's better at the same time.

#18 5 years ago

jkashani helped me set up my afm le a few weeks ago. great guy and very cool wife who came along with him. my kids were thrilled to finally play it and so was i.

#19 5 years ago

I'd like to thank TheLaw for telling me to go f#ck myself 100 different times and ways. Thanks for keeping me on my toes buddy, your honesty is a breath of fresh air.

#20 5 years ago

too many to mention.

You are all dicks, but Gryszzz is probably the biggest and I love that about him. Helps us all remember that life is to short to not get drunk with friends occasionally and talk smack with each other.

#21 5 years ago

So many that stand out but to name a few that jumped Over that bar of support And just really Awesome people in general LTG, Cliffy, HEP Chris, HSA Brian, SDTM team, Bill Davis, JJP for raising the bar, Terry at PinballLife (should be PinballLifesaver), and Larry at Flippen Out. Mostly to all that reached out and offered help on those days when all you could do is scratch your help and say WTF its broke again.. Thank You.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

You are all dicks, but gryszzz is probably the biggest and I love that about him. Helps us all remember that life is to short to not get drunk with friends occasionally and talk smack with each other.

how is it that I live right down the road from Gryszzz and we haven't hung out yet?

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from seshpilot:

how is it that I live right down the road from gryszzz and we haven't hung out yet?

....Leave a Trail of Beer and Rolling Papers........

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

....Leave a Trail of Beer and Rolling Papers........

Genius. Lol

#25 5 years ago

My eyes can't see too good does that calender over there say November 24th???
    170420_3505931_Matt_Foley__Van_Down_By_The_River (resized).jpg170420_3505931_Matt_Foley__Van_Down_By_The_River (resized).jpg
    I'm thankful I don't live anywhere near most of you dicks. Stay the hell off my grass.

#26 5 years ago

Haha. Sesh you seem like a good guy, we are gonna have to fix that. You going to First Friday tomorrow? I might.
    Ok, I'll play....I'm pretty thankful for Pinside and all the cool cats I've met because of it. Best hobby with the best peoples. Y'all are the best. And I look forward to some beers with those unfortunate souls who haven't had the pleasure of seeing me stumble and fall into shit yet.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Best hobby with the best peoples. Y'all are the best.

Thanks. No go f*&# yourself.

1 week later
    #28 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

dmacy He sold me my first pin and answered about a million questions before I bought it. He ripped it apart and taught me just about everything I know about them. Oh and he puts up with my annoying "what do I do about this problem" text messages.
    I made a great friend that day!

That guy is a big dick. Didn’t you ask around?!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinside-gratitude-thread-who-are-you-thankful-for and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.