(Topic ID: 281053)

The Pinsider Apprecation Thread

By wolverinetuner

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E21B017E-13A2-4B5D-808F-5D2FA6E1FB2D (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    #1 3 years ago

Appropriately, in-memoriam threads were started for two giants in the pinball community that we just lost, KOZ-MIPINBALL and Who-Dey . After reading so many statements of appreciation and respect for them, even from those who may been at odds with them on certain points, I keep thinking how great it would have been for these Pinsiders to have heard such encouraging words while they were still with us. I imagine a bunch of us wish we could go back in time and do that.

This life is short and can end far too soon and suddenly. So I wanted to start a thread to give any of us the chance to show appreciation for Pinsiders, without going down rabbit holes on issues we discuss on other threads. I think the Pinside community and individual Pinsiders could use some of this.

I will start by giving a shout-out to Bribo13 . When I was new to the community, he was always welcoming and encouraging, and never made me feel like the newbie I was. Even though I don’t see him very often, when I do he always takes the time to talk with me when I’m around. He probably doesn’t know this, but I think of him a bit as my early mentor. Thanks.

#2 3 years ago

I'm thankful for LesManley and all the generous Pinsiders who make the annual Pinside Secret Santa event so much fun.

#3 3 years ago

great thread idea.......

I'm thankful for everyone that has helped me....I dont know if Ed Cheung is ever on Pinside, knew him from RGP, but he helped me out when I was still wet behind the ears and actually called me at home one Sunday morning to help track down a problem..."Now put your multimeter HERE and HERE..."

Too many people to mention!

#4 3 years ago

Pinside was integral in me surviving a stroke and three brain surgeries. Pretty sure that was vid1900 who incited it.

It's the little things...

So many good people in here. We are in the niche of the niche. In pinball that means everything. (To me.). Maybe to you too.

Anyone who knows me knows I can't be shut up.

I will talk your ear off.

I would give a shout out to every pinsider I have ever met. And hey what's up to those I will meet.

This guy for instance. Surfinvet.

This is him visiting me at the nursing home almost five years ago. We played locally last Monday.

He was there when I almost died too. As were many. They all deserve recognition.

Thank you for saving my life.

Cheers!
    image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#5 3 years ago

Some that come to mind by either interaction or just reading and learning are Zaza, Coyote, Ingo/german-Pinball, Vid, Grumpy, LTG. As said above there is too many to mention.. Pinside is a nice escape sometimes.

#6 3 years ago

@vid1900, @grumpy, @quench, LTG

are some of my most trusted sources for pin related knowledge.

#7 3 years ago

I’ll add specific appreciation for vid1900 , who’s already been mentioned more than once. Thanks for all the time you put in to share your expertise here. Your guides are some of the most useful resources on Pinside. Thanks for your huge contribution to the hobby.

#8 3 years ago

I consider Pin_Guy to be the “king” of STTNG. He has helped me and many others numerous times!

#9 3 years ago

Great idea. And so many that have been kind and helpful in my quest to get a vague idea of what the heck I am doing rebuilding these EM games in the last 4 and 1/2 years. Including JRPinball, Howard R, Rolf-Martin-062, curriedog, O-din, MarkG, Shapeshifter, local area friend and EM whiz - Izzy, the guy who tried and failed (due to my complete lack of ability) to help in my inept attempt to work on a non-em Breakshot - Yaksplat, and my go to when reading game reviews - Caucasian2step. For those who have helped who I have forgotten here. Thank you too and sorry for the omission.

#10 3 years ago

I am grateful to JohnnyPinball007 for all his humor and long posts on pinside, which helps counteract a lot of the negativity that can happen on the forums. I really appreciate it.

#11 3 years ago

Great thread!

Not all of Pinside is vile, there are many helpful friendly here.

I’ve met many great people on Pinside, from collectors, how-to advice, amazing restorations, and general BS. Some of these fine people I consider friends.

#12 3 years ago

Also, here is another thread of a similar sort if you like positive threads!
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/say-something-nice-about-the-last-poster-in-this-thread

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I am grateful to johnnypinball007 for all his humor and long posts on pinside, which helps counteract a lot of the negativity that can happen on the forums. I really appreciate it.

100% agree with this.

#14 3 years ago

ChadH is the king and saint of updating Sega and Data East code. What he does for no money other than donations is truly amazing.

pinball_faz is the king of the Doctor Who owners group.

#15 3 years ago

Grateful to pinballinreno (among others in the owners thread) for making Houdini more playable and enjoyable with his tweaks, tips, and help.

Grateful to wayout440 for years of incredible help in the Maverick owners thread.

Very grateful to herg for developing the OCD boards.

#16 3 years ago

I'm grateful for Planetary Pinball Supply ( from when it was Bay Area Amusements ), Jersey Jack Pinball, and Chicago Gaming Company.

Helping these companies I've gotten to work with some of the greatest people in the pinball industry.

Because of that opportunity I've become friends with many of the distributors.

And in turn became friends with many of their customers.

I'm also grateful for Rec Games Pinball which started my on line helping. And to Pinside for making the pinball community very special.

And in turn blessed me with so many friends. That number continues to grow.

Just trying to make my little corner of pinball better.
    LTG : )

#17 3 years ago

Shout out to Rensh and sd_tom for those that love The Big Lebowski.

They have helped us with technical issues / fixes.

And Rensh keeps us up to date with the latest Dutch Pinball factory updates.

Thanks!

#18 3 years ago

LTG for 99% of the time being the 1st to respond to a technical question.
    chuckwurt for his insight and knowledge of games. For the hours of video tutorial he has provided.

#19 3 years ago

Wow, so many here I respect and look forward to reading their posts, seeing their restorations and learning from (not just pinball either). My list would be 100 people long (seriously). I'll just agree with everyone listed so far and add robin who without there would be no pinside.

#20 3 years ago

Thankful to Highscoresaves for being way cooler than a Gorf restore, oh yeah and also for making some kick ass arcade high score save kits. You helped me out big time!

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spiderpin:

chuckwurt for his insight and knowledge of games. For the hours of video tutorial he has provided.

YES! I’ve logged countless hours watching his tutorials. It really is awesome learning so much about each game.

#22 3 years ago

zaza is a pinside treasure. He’s very knowledgeable and helpful taking time to answer repair questions.

#23 3 years ago

Just a few off the top of my head.

PinMonk always down to help troubleshoot a game

TheLaw I hate to love your brute honesty

o-din pinside gold

epthegeek amazing coder and active pinsider

iceman44 always entertaining

Lots of other great pinsiders worth mentioning.

#24 3 years ago

Im grateful for
    IdahoRealtor
    pinwillie
    Kerry_Richard
    practicalsteve
    My whole Solano Pinball League! Hope you all are safe and Healthy miss and thank all of you for being exceptional human beings.
    Harley D.

#25 3 years ago

I also want to give a shout-out to the moderators. Thanks for your time and service in what is probably a thankless task.

#26 3 years ago

To many to mention by name, but since I've been in the hobby for 4-5 years there have been countless members who where very patient with me, and helped me learn everything I know about pinball and servicing my own machines. I appreciate and respect those with knowledge who are openly and willing to share to the betterment of others.

I also appreciate everyone who inspires and gives me ideas for personalizing/modding their pins, and to everyone who trusts me and likes my work well enough to actually buy it. This is what has allowed me to grow in the hobby, and really enjoy working with others and fleshing out ideas for pins I will never own and may never even play. It is just rewarding to know that I've enabled someone to personalize their machine to make it uniquely their own.

Of course their are those who are a little rough around the edges, but quite frankly I don't mind it. Diversity of opinion and being challenged at times are good IMO, although I will admit that occasionally some do cross the line. But come on, how fun would life be without the being insulted or yelled out by a neighbor now and again?

#27 3 years ago

Thanks to ^^^^ Mr_Tantrum! He's always does a great job making apron cards for me! Also came through when I needed some Jolly Park drop targets. Even improved on the design for extra strength.

Also, thanks to the ramp makers, Larry, Mark and Jody! Along with everybody else who's making the unobtanium stuff.

#28 3 years ago

A whispered shout out to otoko for starting the only pinside thread that read like fiction. Unbelievable twist and turns on every page helped in part with a cast of characters worthy of a 70’s era disaster flick.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from WolfManCat:

o-din pinside gold

I appreciate that some of you get a kick out of my nonsense and that the effort on my part isn't wasted.

Now, where is this gold you speak of?

I also appreciate too many names here to mention them all. It's been a fun ride for the last 8 years or so for sure. A little bumpy sometimes, but a lot of fun. Thank you all.

#30 3 years ago

O-din I don’t know you at all but damn you were missed when you were gone. Funny as fuck and blessed with a damn good taste in music. Also appreciate your knowledge in regards to classic film and television. Your twilight zone thread had me streaming that threads recommendations for weeks. Can’t wait for what you are gonna turn me onto next. Hope you stay warm : )

E21B017E-13A2-4B5D-808F-5D2FA6E1FB2D (resized).jpegE21B017E-13A2-4B5D-808F-5D2FA6E1FB2D (resized).jpeg
    #31 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

O-din I don’t know you at all but damn you were missed when you were gone.

Thanks man, but sometimes I just have to disappear for a while. By my own choice or by default. I think it's not healthy to be staring at a computer all day, and I'm kinda thankful I have had this break from my job where there were too many hours of the day doing that. I've had full weeks during this where I never even turn the one on at home. Not even to check e-mails. But I'm chilling now. Think I'll go fry a chicken.

#32 3 years ago

I hear ya.. took past two weeks off myself. Logged in the other night and was shocked when I saw who dey passed. Couldn’t believe it. Only starting posting this year after lurking for years. My first post was to who dey for some asinine comment he made. But soon learned that we are all asses in our own way. That’s kinda what makes this shit fun. Feel bad for misjudging who dey at first cause damn seems like that guy had a heart of gold. Looking back now I owe him for all the enjoyment I found on this site this year. So many different personalities here and yes pinside can be a shit hole at times but honestly nothing beats taking a good shit every now and then.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Thanks man, but sometimes I just have to disappear for a while. By my own choice or by default. I think it's not healthy to be staring at a computer all day, and I'm kinda thankful I have had this break from my job where there were too many hours of the day doing that. I've had full weeks during this where I never even turn the one on at home. Not even to check e-mails. But I'm chilling now. Think I'll go fry a chicken.

I agree, Pinside wasn’t the same without you, and I’m glad you’ve been back. I assume you don’t go a bunch of weeks without turning on some pins, even when the computer stays off!

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I appreciate that some of you get a kick out of my nonsense and that the effort on my part isn't wasted.
    Now, where is this gold you speak of?
    I also appreciate too many names here to mention them all. It's been a fun ride for the last 8 years or so for sure. A little bumpy sometimes, but a lot of fun. Thank you all.

I love reading your nonsense. In some ways you remind us to not take this hobby so seriously. A great example was your attempt to install a makshift ramp on TNA. That shit was gold.

#35 3 years ago

This is a great thread!!
    So many people have been helpful and friendly on this site. It is a true community, whether it's for repair, questions, buying and selling, etc.
    Too many people to mention.

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

I assume you don’t go a bunch of weeks without turning on some pins, even when the computer stays off!

No, but somedays I almost have to force myself. Usually though, I'm out there almost every night.

Quoted from WolfManCat:

A great example was your attempt to install a makeshift ramp on TNA. That shit was gold.

That was one day I certainly had too much time on my hands. lol.

#37 3 years ago

@Cliffy...the first person I met from RGP in person.

He has helped me numerous times over the years. I can’t really thank him enough.

Robert

#38 3 years ago

I appreciate the honesty and integrity of the people I've bought and sold a few parts to and from. Several times , I've either sent or recieved a part with no payment until inspection. Granted, largest was $150, but nice to know you can still trust a man at his word.

#39 3 years ago

Even though I don't (really) know any of you, I appreciate all of you
    I'm not someone who posts a lot, but these past 5 years of Pinside have tought me there are some great people on here!
    There are pinball fans all over the world, and a lot of them on this website love to tell you their stories or try to help you if you've got a problem.
    Keep being awesome everyone and if you ever need help or just want to chat, just pm me!

-Rob

#40 3 years ago

I appreciate:

GSones for helping me out a ton on my El Dorado arch project.

MarkG for the online repair clinic.

HowardR for all the troubleshooting advise he has given.

vid1900 no explanation necessary.

MustangPaul for helping me reach the Pinball Rescue minimum order for Big Hit plastics.

Caucasian2Step for giving the best reviews.

wolverinetuner for starting awesome threads like this one and his puzzle threads.

#41 3 years ago

HowardR is an incredible asset. He taught me how to read schematics over the phone and has helped me fix quite a few pins!

#42 3 years ago

BIG, sincere shout-out to:

Oga83 – the genius behind my favorite-ever mod, Pinball Browser
    LTG – pinball tech-help/support personified. None more generous than he!
    McSirTuna – friendly, down-to-earth cat who makes awesome tutorials
    Who-Dey (R.I.P.) – for his passion for pinball and his big heart. My most reliable partner in Pinside Mail!
    OLDPINGUY – generous, encouraging, advice-dispensing sage and all-around mensch
    TimeBandit – mod-making wizard/genius!
    spida1A – before streaming, there was YouTube and Chris Bucci! I call him the Dream Weaver!
    Vid1900 – prodigious poster of highly instructional content; the professor of Pinside!
    O-din – the lovable rabble-rouser
    ASOA – the distro who can hang
    LesManley – for his considerable work to promote/support pinball in the Twin Cities
    Chuckwurt – tireless streamer who is obviously passionate/dedicated, but he’s also super nice!
    DeadFlip - for bringing a TON of streaming fun to this hobby!
    BlueIrocGuy, pinnyheadhead, Keylime, pickleric, Pinkitten, spandol, ChipScott – for being fun, encouraging pinfriends

Looking forward to meeting more awesome Pinsiders!

#44 3 years ago

To all the pinsiders out there that have purchased from myself and other. If not for them you and I would have run out of room.

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

DeadFlip - for bringing a TON of streaming fun to this hobby!

AYYYE Much love bub! <3 <3 <3

#46 3 years ago

I just realized Vid1900 is posting again !!

2020 is starting to look better.

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from scampcamp:

I just realized Vid1900 is posting again !!
    2020 is starting to look better.

Hear, hear!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinside-apprecation-thread?hl=jason_jehosaphat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.