• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by stevevt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PinballChallenge (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Matesamo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hey all,

My son and I have a small YouTube channel called Sports & Geekery where we open sports cards, take trips to sporting events, do Lets Play videos and such. It has been a fun little bonding exercise we had been doing for the last couple of years and I wanted to do something Pinball related on the channel.

What I came up with was The Pinball Year Challenge - 365 Games in 386 Days. I am going to attempt to play 365 different pinball machines during 2018 and doing a video series chronicling the journey. I made a new account on Pindigo called 365games-365days to track the games I play along with commentary. For reference, last year I went to Pintastic, the Museum of Play, lots of barcades and Pinball Clubs and got to the mid-200's for games played so it will be a stretch to hit the 365 game mark.

This will not be a pump-and-dump quickplay to get machines done, I have to post scores on Pindigo and don't want to embarrass myself. For a frame of reference, I have only played half of the machines in the local barcade for this series as I try to get a decent score and a good feel for each machine.

We have plans to go to Pintastic again this year, York Town, tournaments around New England, Funspot, etc. Our channel is mainly kids Lucas' age so I am hoping by making it a fun challenge that some of these kids may get interested in pinball. Many of them have never even plunged a single ball so here is hoping that this may be entertaining for them.

It is not the most technical video series, a couple iphones and a six year old iMac for everything but I did the best I could with what I got, lol. Feel free to follow the link below and leave any comments you feel will be helpful/funny/instructive or whatever.

Thanks,

Matt

PinballChallenge (resized).PNGPinballChallenge (resized).PNG

#2 6 years ago

Great, noticed an error in the title, lol. No way to edit that I can see....

2 weeks later
#4 6 years ago

*** Episode 2 ***

After a longer than expected delay the race to play 365 different pinball machines in 365 days continues in the second episode of the Pinball Year Challenge. In this episode we explain all about Pinball Leagues which Matt competes in along with lots of cool pinball machines from older EMs right up to the latest Stern release of Star Wars!

Pinball machines featured in this episode: Jungle Queen, Getaway: High Speed II, Demolition Man, Joker Poker, Eight Ball Deluxe, Banazi Run, Star Wars, and White Water.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 72.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Thetford Mines, QC
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 180.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bremerton, WA
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 12.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Matesamo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-year-challenge-365-games-in-386-days-youtube-series?tu=Matesamo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.