Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 101 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by roffels
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

steveyoung.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mnpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I was just there about a month ago looking for a HS. He didn't have one nor could he remember the last time he had seen one. I bought my first table from Al a Fireball Classic about 6 months ago. He is expensive but hey, he has a business to run and he ain't gettin any younger.

No wonder he wanted my HS I had to sell last year Ended up Duncan Brown bought it from me at Expo

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nibbles:

To give you an idea, a Whirlwind is (was) $2400 over five months ago (probably higher now), with cabinet gouges (and horrible color matching over the minor scratches (I'll give them the benefit of doubt that the previous owner did this)), PF wear down to straight woodgrain, inserts raised in at least three spots (and not minor raising), cracked plastics/ramps, and was listed as having LED's (....but oh, just a few spotty ones that you put in the backbox, but the rest are incandescent...awesome.............).
    That is no BS, there is a reason they have so many pins for sale; so if you want to get f#(ked on a deal, by all means have at it.

What a lame response, Al and Pinball Warehouse are a business with a long standing reputation in Minnesota. A bunch of us local pinheads go in and visit AL every so often and let me tell ya stock is down. It's getting harder and harder to find inventory and ALL pin prices are up ! Late model Solid State and DMD are what people want and they are getting picked over and kept in homes. They shop out games, replace wearable parts, flipper kits, bats, etc. They are a business that sell games with warranty. As others have said you walk in with cash and talk a deal you can get it cheaper on a good day

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

He paid me top dollar and I mean TOP dollar for a minty DM not but 6 months ago

WOW, me to a year ago !

#68 10 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Al lets people have a dozen Metallica LE's shipped to his building too lol.

When I sold him that DM I called told him the price and condition and he said Ok bring it over. Simple as that no questions asked.

They were all going to ship to my place but it didn't make sense to have everyone book plane flights

#71 10 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

The one I sold to Al was for 1700 bucks Damn thing looked new. So unless it was all minty and shit I doubt it was the one.
    YES 1700 bucks is top dollar for DM lol to me anyway

The one I sold him was very nice and had the full home swear ROM set in it. As well I replaced the upper flipper plastic with new that's always broken.

#74 10 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

I know who bought that DM. He ended up paying $2,400 and I almost fell over when he told me. Buyer is a super nice guy, so I was nice and enthusiastic about it cause he was happy with the purchase. I couldn't bring myself to tell him that he could have saved $1,000 fairly easily.

Please tell me where all the nice DM are at $1400 ! Those days are over.

Even Popeye, Hurricane, Party Zone, Gilligan and Black Rose have risen sharply. Ones I consider on the low end heap.

#78 10 years ago
    Quoted from sysprog:

Is John at Pinball Plus still open?

John does not have a walk in storefront anymore. He does private sales and home repairs currently. That keeps him busy

#80 10 years ago
    Quoted from Malibu-SS:

If your a car guy and you happen to go see Al,ask him to see some pics of his car collection.When I was there his blue 56 Chevy was sitting out front.He showed me pics of his other toys ...all very nice

I spoke with Al on Thursday and he was getting ready for the back to the 50's car show Friday-Saturday. With all the storms and rain I hope he got out of there quickly. I heard some horror stories with flooding and damage down there last night and cars being lifted and going for a rain rush toward the grandstand.. The front arcade Pinball on a Stick was open last night for patrons and Brian Millard's T3 got flooded. It's a mess in the TC with 22% without power today in Minnesota.

#82 10 years ago
    Quoted from s1500:

Sad to hear that T3 got flooded, but is PoaS slated to make a comeback at the State Fair? The Fair just isn't the same without it.
    Lost power at 8pm last night, got it back 12 hours later. Friend of mine totalled her new vehicle due to high waters, and even I lost a car(hydrolock) several years ago during a freak rainstorm.

Brian can chime in on this, but the talk is to have a nice lineup of pins in the center area arcade this year. The old small room to the right was owned by the Butterfly house and they still have it selling the crap and nick knacks.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mnpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-warehouse-mn?tu=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.