(Topic ID: 290984)

Let’s Talk Pinball Pricing!

By wolverinetuner

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Taurus (resized).jpg
    GUEST_84a4b12b-1ada-4943-a148-5117a2f15c41 (resized).jpeg
    price (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_20230921_142723 (resized).jpg
    darts-bulls-eye.gif
    tumblr_a3fac71f429711dbe2e997f112292e70_810c3e78_640.gif
    96679e31-8c06-4b58-9bcb-c4d399790185_text (resized).png
    Matrix2222222.png
    5x5-Risk-Matrix-Sample-1024x585 (resized).png
    68EFAD3A-ACB0-406A-ABB2-A237658AA4B8 (resized).jpeg
    F120BF18-8A54-4A54-B573-169D4E75788A (resized).jpeg
    32C0A536-64F2-4D99-8862-6872C3134BF4 (resized).jpeg
    C7DDC11C-743F-4AE0-A4AC-BBAA50F16AF4 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pete_d.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#566 1 year ago
    Quoted from GPS:

It’s hard for me to see the upbeat picture of the economy that you’re painting! My investment losses this year, for at least me, are staggering. I may never be able to recover those losses given that I am not 25!
    There is simply no way from this persons view that we are in a good place!

Yes, the market is down over the last six months. Oh well...that's what a few really bad days will do to a market where it was mostly pretty good. It's called "investment" for a reason; you're not supposed to be looking at the short-term loss/gain picture.

And if you're old enough that your forward-looking loss/gain picture is a short window of time, you've already enjoyed a lot of upside from past decades of investment. The very nature of investment is that yes, you'll have some bad years. But at least so far, there are way more good years than bad years, so fixating on the current bad year isn't useful. This year is why you started investing years ago, so you could build up your account and be able to weather a storm like this.

Just don't cash out at the current lows, and you'll be fine. Eventually. Probably. (Honestly, I have some skepticism about how sustainable capitalism itself is when you look 25 or 50 years out, but that's a whole other thing. NOTE: this is not a "capitalism is bad" comment; I just think from an economic point of view, our consumerist-driven capitalism system has its limits. My statement is no different than suggesting that we will probably need to find a new place to live sometime in the next 5 billion years.)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pete_d.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-price-discussion-thread?tu=pete_d and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.