(Topic ID: 290984)

Let’s Talk Pinball Pricing!

By wolverinetuner

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Taurus (resized).jpg
    GUEST_84a4b12b-1ada-4943-a148-5117a2f15c41 (resized).jpeg
    price (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_20230921_142723 (resized).jpg
    darts-bulls-eye.gif
    tumblr_a3fac71f429711dbe2e997f112292e70_810c3e78_640.gif
    96679e31-8c06-4b58-9bcb-c4d399790185_text (resized).png
    Matrix2222222.png
    5x5-Risk-Matrix-Sample-1024x585 (resized).png
    68EFAD3A-ACB0-406A-ABB2-A237658AA4B8 (resized).jpeg
    F120BF18-8A54-4A54-B573-169D4E75788A (resized).jpeg
    32C0A536-64F2-4D99-8862-6872C3134BF4 (resized).jpeg
    C7DDC11C-743F-4AE0-A4AC-BBAA50F16AF4 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kkoss24.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#128 2 years ago
    Quoted from bobmathuse:

Is there a thread for "missed opportunities" (not counting Bally Kiss)? I wanted to get a CV shortly after they came out, but there were problems with the ringmasters on most of them, so I didn't. The prices semi-crashed, I should have taken a chance and bought then. Later, they worked it all out and now CV's are well above original list. I rarely buy, and never to invest, just to play.

If you buy new and wait long enough they all sell for more I believe .I don’t really care though i just buy themes I want at home and play whatever on location .Right now buying NIB is the way to go and never sell one until code is complete .The one question I have is with all these new company’s putting pins out and the rumors of more ready to roll come expo there has to be a hault at some point dont you think ? The bug hit me hard and I worked a ton to have 4 in my first year and a half but it’ll be awile for my next without selling .

3 weeks later
    #195 2 years ago

The decade old NIB priced thousands over the going rate is a head scratcher .I understand some have $ to burn but your going to open it ,put a few hundred or thousand plays on it and at that point it’s worth what the other HUO’s are worth .Never understood this .

#198 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well when it comes to decades old games, HUO are extremely rare so that comparison doesn't really ring true. Where are you gonna find a genuine HUO Black Knight? You ain't! That's why those time capsule NIB Black Knights that dude in Canada was selling years ago went for such big money.
    Games like TSPP, where there are hundreds of HUOs around, you have more of a point, but even then not hard to see why NIB would command a premium. There's just something about brand spanking new.

That makes sense put that way .How was the 90s in this hobby ? Was there anywhere near the home collectors there is today ?

#199 2 years ago

I laugh sometimes because I grew up in Chicago and never seen a pin out at any places I slummed in ,and I slummed a lot in my 20s.

#204 2 years ago

No shit .I couldn’t imagine this hobby without “new pin day” with all the hype .How did the pinball

Quoted from EJS:

Back in the 90s owning a MM and paying $4500 for one was a big deal. If the operators would even give them up.

What was the average price to play a game on location in the 90s? .I take my 2 kids to a pincade in FT Wayne IN and he has $2 get 3rd play free plus most are set to 5 ball .$30 lasts us 4-5 hrs .I think that’s a great price for a days entertainment .We just went to see Black Widow at IMAX thats $100 for 3 hours .I’ll take the former any day of the week and 3 times on Sunday .

4 weeks later
    #275 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Everything is up so it only makes sense pinball is too. I don’t like it any more than the next person and everyone is facing the same thing in and out of pinball.
    I had a conversation with someone last night about this and pinball is pretty industry demanding. You’ve got everything in pinball. Soldering, wires, metal, plastic, electronics, woodworking, light bulbs, glass, artwork/ decals, graphic design, clearcoat, rubber/ polymers, motors, audio/speakers and more….
    So many industries coming together to make a pinball and don’t forget the labor force for all this. I’m talking about labor to make all those parts then Stern is like the assembler. Forget pricing but all you need is one of these to have a major production issue and they could bring pinball to a halt.

There is an issue .nobody wants to work for peanuts anymore,I wouldn’t either .If my choice was between peanuts and welfare i’m picking the latter and hustle on the side .Keeping line staff is going to be a huge issue going forward .

5 months later
    #381 2 years ago

Nope.I hope it never pops .NIB prices will never go backwards .That being said ,we should all want used pins to keep inflating as if it did pop ,then most of us would not be buying the new ones .If this happens ,doors that we all need open will start to close .It’s a chain reaction nobody wants to see so keep throwing that cash on that glass

#383 2 years ago

I’ll agree prices are getting to high for people that collect or can’t bear to sell any .I’m in a position now where if I want a game I need to sell and it’s all been evening out nicely .I have no idea how some people take care of that many machines lmao .The only time I see myself actually collecting is after I retire from my day job

2 weeks later
    #389 2 years ago

Nice day at the office .

6B40497C-D102-418E-B448-3BCB4CF599E5 (resized).png6B40497C-D102-418E-B448-3BCB4CF599E5 (resized).png
    5 months later
    #466 1 year ago

Does anyone else think pinball manufacturers would do better if each new pin had its own pricing ? I know what they’re doing ,put out a loaded fan favorite and move the pricing to 7/9/11 then follow with something stripped down from the former at the same prices or raise the prices of back orders after the hike .It’s no big secret .I just think maybe by pricing a particular pin to the cost of manufacturing as a whole would be ideal .I would think this way they could reach more customers .Basically a Mando or LZ should not be in the same price range NIB as a GZ or JP being produced at the same time basically .If this doesn’t make sense please downvote as I’m at 98% thumbs up and nothing in life is that perfect

3 weeks later
    #503 1 year ago

My grandfather that lived with us growing up had the best advice I ever got in my life ,and I live by it to this day .When things were tough he’d always say ,”Kevin ! Don’t mind that shit I guarantee you we all make it to the finish line !”……Leo Kulesza . Don’t get uptight people play what you have and ride the waves of life :)It all works out

5 months later
    #673 1 year ago

So does CEs trading for baseball cards or someone selling a new pin for 3500 loss mean that bubble finally popped ? Only new games holding they’re value are cornerstones from team Elwin .Carry on

0C8837A5-6430-44D6-ACD6-D5B1203DAEC9 (resized).png0C8837A5-6430-44D6-ACD6-D5B1203DAEC9 (resized).pngBD353C71-0CBB-41F1-985F-97DC1D6338AB (resized).pngBD353C71-0CBB-41F1-985F-97DC1D6338AB (resized).png
    #675 1 year ago
    Quoted from koji:

Historically (pre covid) nib was always a bit hit and miss with exceeding msrp. Typically you would expect to lose a bit over your final cost... As you should.
    Bump this thread when TZ / taf etc dip below 2018 pricing and we'll talk bubbles...

Just having a laugh .The last thing I want to see is the bubble bursting but you have to admit, these price jumps lately are insane .I got in this hobby right before covid and couldn’t believe what was going on .Told my wife I should quit my day job haha.But honestly I purchased 12 pins /5 NIB (kept 4) in the last couple years .I won’t buy another NIB unless it’s a top 3 theme for me because I could care less about value at that point I can’t afford to lose a couple k a few times a year .She’ll kick me out and rightfully so .

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kkoss24.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-price-discussion-thread?tu=kkoss24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.