(Topic ID: 290984)

Let’s Talk Pinball Pricing!

By wolverinetuner

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Taurus (resized).jpg
    GUEST_84a4b12b-1ada-4943-a148-5117a2f15c41 (resized).jpeg
    price (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_20230921_142723 (resized).jpg
    darts-bulls-eye.gif
    tumblr_a3fac71f429711dbe2e997f112292e70_810c3e78_640.gif
    96679e31-8c06-4b58-9bcb-c4d399790185_text (resized).png
    Matrix2222222.png
    5x5-Risk-Matrix-Sample-1024x585 (resized).png
    68EFAD3A-ACB0-406A-ABB2-A237658AA4B8 (resized).jpeg
    F120BF18-8A54-4A54-B573-169D4E75788A (resized).jpeg
    32C0A536-64F2-4D99-8862-6872C3134BF4 (resized).jpeg
    C7DDC11C-743F-4AE0-A4AC-BBAA50F16AF4 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jlbintn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#660 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

Yeah, nothing of interest. Let me know when CPR playfields or BGs go on sale for half. Or Stern cuts pins prices by 40% for Black Friday. Or either of the two main pinball suppliers (Marco, Steve) offer substantial discounts for the day on everything. Or NAVL offers half off shipping. Just doesn't happen.

I remember NAVL shipping for a consistent $295-300 per cabinet (game), arcade or pinball machine. Regardless of where it came from or was going to.

Those days are gone.

3 weeks later
    #677 1 year ago
    Quoted from arcyallen:

Do you know any of these "kidults?" They sound like a strange bunch.
    It's interesting to see this clearly isn't just happening in the pinball industry. People my age with money now want to spend it on "toys".
    https://www.cnbc.com/2022/12/19/kidults-biggest-sales-driver-toy-industry.html

Used to know these folks as yuppies. Hipster is the latest that I am aware of. It's a trend thing. A short actual analogy to NASCAR that fits here I think.

It's 2010. I have season tickets to Bristol Motor Speedway. Killing time before the night race that year, watching the huge crowd. Dressed really well, they had money to spend, they were there for the "experience"... Thunder Valley, the world's fastest half-mile, etc.,etc. At this point in time I had been a ticket holder for 13 years.

Told my wife that day.... these people won't be here for the long haul. It's good right now, but it won't last. I could already see the tethers coming undone at this time.

Not saying all people are like this, they most definitely are not, but there are a lot of people out there that just migrate to the newest coolest thing and they have money to spend. How many will contribute to the continuation of pinball.... that's anybody's guess.

fwiw

#678 1 year ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

Just having a laugh .The last thing I want to see is the bubble bursting but you have to admit, these price jumps lately are insane .I got in this hobby right before covid and couldn’t believe what was going on .Told my wife I should quit my day job haha.But honestly I purchased 12 pins /5 NIB (kept 4) in the last couple years .I won’t buy another NIB unless it’s a top 3 theme for me because I could care less about value at that point I can’t afford to lose a couple k a few times a year .She’ll kick me out and rightfully so .

Never had the joy and pleasure of a NIB. Closest I got was my LOTR, I was the second owner. That was as close to NIB as I expect I will ever get. There is a title or two out there that I would consider, but all are 70's or 80's games. I like the older machines, I like working on them (bitching and cussing the whole time of course)

The most I have ever paid for a pinball machine, my LOTR, is $4500, plus $300 shipping via NAVL. This was 2007. It smelled new when I got it, it looked new when I got it. The advantages of buying from a NIB home owner who took very good care of the machine.

Paid $300 for my Fireball II - dead machine (2006)
    Paid $900 for my Dungeons & Dragons (2007)
    Paid $1700 for my Fireball. (2020)

Shipping for all but Fireball and Fireball II, was $300. Fireball came in at $275. Fireball II cost me about $15 worth of Diesel fuel and a bit of lifting.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jlbintn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-price-discussion-thread?tu=jlbintn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.