(Topic ID: 290984)

Let’s Talk Pinball Pricing!

By wolverinetuner

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Taurus (resized).jpg
    GUEST_84a4b12b-1ada-4943-a148-5117a2f15c41 (resized).jpeg
    price (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_20230921_142723 (resized).jpg
    darts-bulls-eye.gif
    tumblr_a3fac71f429711dbe2e997f112292e70_810c3e78_640.gif
    96679e31-8c06-4b58-9bcb-c4d399790185_text (resized).png
    Matrix2222222.png
    5x5-Risk-Matrix-Sample-1024x585 (resized).png
    68EFAD3A-ACB0-406A-ABB2-A237658AA4B8 (resized).jpeg
    F120BF18-8A54-4A54-B573-169D4E75788A (resized).jpeg
    32C0A536-64F2-4D99-8862-6872C3134BF4 (resized).jpeg
    C7DDC11C-743F-4AE0-A4AC-BBAA50F16AF4 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ejs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Has there ever been a time of such volatile prices for pins due to what seems to be an almost instant pricing increase across-the-board?

The closest thing I can think of was an incredibly high demand for parts in the late 90's early 2000's due to closure of BLY. Game specific parts were going for top dollar and it was sometimes more cost effective to part games out.

But not for games themselves, not like this.

3 weeks later
    #39 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Lumber is up 3x
    Copper wiring is up 4x
    Homes are up 30%
    Just sold a 21 year old 4 wheeler for 95% of what I paid for it new.
    What are pins up?

And that’s assuming things are in stock.

Also the price of labor that’s something you don’t see go down either.

3 weeks later
    #69 2 years ago

I’m still buying but I just won’t pay for the high prices. Sometimes I have to say no on a game I’m looking for.

#78 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Except if you find a nice Fairway

Hey I didn’t say no I said “not yet”

That being said you might have to arm wrestle a few people in my driveway for it.

Once I’m done restoring my Atlantis Fairway is next.

2 weeks later
    #138 2 years ago
    Quoted from jasonspoint28:

I wonder how much of an impact websites like Craigslist and FB Marketplace have had on pricing.

Probably not as much as you’d think. Both have been around a lot longer than the high prices. Craigslist was around back when I had to shove firepower and flash cabinets into the dumpster (with playfields) because nobody wanted them.

IMAG0335 (resized).jpgIMAG0335 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #172 2 years ago

Wow and I thought Minneapolis Craigslist was bad…

2 weeks later
    #191 2 years ago

Or not life altering (ie no episodes of the itchy and scratchy show, no $250,000 parking ticket, I CAN go on....)

#203 2 years ago

Back in the 90s owning a MM and paying $4500 for one was a big deal. If the operators would even give them up.

#207 2 years ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

What was the average price to play a game on location in the 90s?

Pinball was 50c there weren’t that many 80s games out there. Ironically more are out there now. If there were they were 25c

3 plays for a dollar was also pretty much standard too. More hot spots would probably do straight 50c play though.

#209 2 years ago

Was WPT the first game to ship at 75c? I know it was Steve that pushed for it.

4 weeks later
    #271 2 years ago

Everything is up so it only makes sense pinball is too. I don’t like it any more than the next person and everyone is facing the same thing in and out of pinball.

I had a conversation with someone last night about this and pinball is pretty industry demanding. You’ve got everything in pinball. Soldering, wires, metal, plastic, electronics, woodworking, light bulbs, glass, artwork/ decals, graphic design, clearcoat, rubber/ polymers, motors, audio/speakers and more….

So many industries coming together to make a pinball and don’t forget the labor force for all this. I’m talking about labor to make all those parts then Stern is like the assembler. Forget pricing but all you need is one of these to have a major production issue and they could bring pinball to a halt.

#274 2 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

It sounds like you've already seen the next deeproot update.

I don’t even follow the new stuff. I haven’t even played the newest 5 or 6 games from any MFG.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ejs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-price-discussion-thread?tu=ejs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.