(Topic ID: 290984)

Let’s Talk Pinball Pricing!

By wolverinetuner

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Taurus (resized).jpg
    GUEST_84a4b12b-1ada-4943-a148-5117a2f15c41 (resized).jpeg
    price (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_20230921_142723 (resized).jpg
    darts-bulls-eye.gif
    tumblr_a3fac71f429711dbe2e997f112292e70_810c3e78_640.gif
    96679e31-8c06-4b58-9bcb-c4d399790185_text (resized).png
    Matrix2222222.png
    5x5-Risk-Matrix-Sample-1024x585 (resized).png
    68EFAD3A-ACB0-406A-ABB2-A237658AA4B8 (resized).jpeg
    F120BF18-8A54-4A54-B573-169D4E75788A (resized).jpeg
    32C0A536-64F2-4D99-8862-6872C3134BF4 (resized).jpeg
    C7DDC11C-743F-4AE0-A4AC-BBAA50F16AF4 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#189 2 years ago

Prices are high, but some people are trying to rip others off. Had someone try to straight trade me their MMR LE for my POTC SE. Then they got their panties in a twist when they got called out for trying to rip me off.

Have had numerous people try to pull such stunts lately with trade offers. Grossly inflating the value of their games and trying to claim the market, but this has been the most egregious. Games are high, but everything is still relative.

#192 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mattyk:

That’s not ripping someone off. Ripping someone off would be not being transparent if there were any issues. Offering a trade or posting something for sale is not ripping someone off if the condition of the game is properly disclosed.
    If someone wants to pay $30k for a game they are not being ripped off. They made that decision with their own money because that’s what the game is with to them.

Offering a game worth thousands below what another and expecting an even trade is fishing for someone who doesn't know better. It is predatory. So yes, it is trying to rip someone off. The guy was hoping I was some idiot who had no idea what games were worth and would do an even trade because hur de dur #1 game of all time.

But hey, since it is not ripping someone off lets trade. Will give you my HUO AMH for your GNR LE. Mine is 1 of only 150 and long out of production. Probably should get a little cash on top due to the rarity, but since I am such a nice guy we can go even.

#197 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have a hard time equating stupid trade offers to "predatory behavior." Anybody who owns an expensive pinball machine is gonna have an idea of what it's worth, and realize that probably they shouldn't be trading their mint IJ for two Flash projects and a pinbot that needs a cabinet repaint.
    Fending off dumb trade requests is just the cost of doing business in this hobby. Doesn't make those offering them "predators" just cluelessly hopeful.

Guy has owned over 50 machines. He knows the value. I also know a number of flippers. They so this intentionally. In public all smiles and nice. In private they joke about the idiots their screw.

#210 2 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Every person who snatches a game under market value off Craigslist has done the same thing.

There is a big difference between buying an unshopped, broken game off craigslist and doing a trade where both games are 100 percent.

#213 2 years ago
    Quoted from RJW:

There's a clown that lives about an hour from my region. Every time me or one of my buddies puts a game up for sale we all get a good laugh at what this loser offers in trade.
    I remember when I was selling my Tron, he offers his Monopoly straight up, when I decline he "steps up" and offers his Transformers.
    He's well aware of what he's doing and that he's flat out trying to rip people off (and proud of it).
    Of course he grossly over prices everything he has for sale.

Or the ones that just outright lowball. Someone spent 24 hours messaging me about my potc because I wouldn't take 12k for it. Spent the entire time complaining about how expensive games are now. How they have been doing this for 15 years and they sold games back when they were cheaper. Finally had to block them.

Can almost guarantee if I sell it for 12k I will see it relisted for 15k within a week.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-price-discussion-thread?tu=dung and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.