(Topic ID: 290984)

Let’s Talk Pinball Pricing!

By wolverinetuner

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Taurus (resized).jpg
    GUEST_84a4b12b-1ada-4943-a148-5117a2f15c41 (resized).jpeg
    price (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_20230921_142723 (resized).jpg
    darts-bulls-eye.gif
    tumblr_a3fac71f429711dbe2e997f112292e70_810c3e78_640.gif
    96679e31-8c06-4b58-9bcb-c4d399790185_text (resized).png
    Matrix2222222.png
    5x5-Risk-Matrix-Sample-1024x585 (resized).png
    68EFAD3A-ACB0-406A-ABB2-A237658AA4B8 (resized).jpeg
    F120BF18-8A54-4A54-B573-169D4E75788A (resized).jpeg
    32C0A536-64F2-4D99-8862-6872C3134BF4 (resized).jpeg
    C7DDC11C-743F-4AE0-A4AC-BBAA50F16AF4 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Elvishasleft.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#146 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There ya have it folks, the cure for the pinball pricing blues is the shittiest thing on earth:
    Video pinball!
    Problem solved.

Yah hate to agree with this but video pinball blows....

and yes I have played the super expensive really nice ones and they blow also.

#148 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

Video pinball has come a long way... and is increasing in popularity with the newbs just because of prices.
    And for those of us who can build and configure a VP cabinet from scratch, we are laughing all the way to the bank.

And my right hand is a good substitute for an ex wife which can also be very expensive.

2 months later
    #309 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

My business law professor warned us, never to make an offer in jest, especially if their are any witnesses, and never accept an offer in jest either because even if it would seem unrealistic, outlandish, or false, once accepted, the other party has actionable recourse if you try and back out.

Well there is a reason this person is teaching instead of ya know... running an actual business.

#314 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

He was a business law professor at the local community college. I guess you would have expected Jeffrey Bezos or Elon Musk to be teaching a pathetic community college BL101 course? Right....

I'd like his expert take on if he who smelt it actually dealt it also.

And can I sue for that as well..

#327 2 years ago

Pinball machines are not really old enough to be true "collectibles" anyways...

At least not the ones people really care about from the 90s onward.

Someday they will be but then it will be all about originality and condition.

With all the modding and stupid shit people do to pins it will be interesting to see how many unfucked originals are left. My guess is a handful.

10 months later
    #483 1 year ago
    Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Because they are subject to the same supply and demand market forces?
    Because they sometimes are limited production, collectible and highly sought after?
    But, most importantly, because sometimes you can use a car to pick up a pinball machine.

It's a pretty lazy comparison.

Everyone has one so thats what comes to mind?? thats about it really.

Both are expensive is about all I can come up with.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Elvishasleft.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-price-discussion-thread?tu=Elvishasleft and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.